Hello to everyone,
    Just got my Storm, I have a question regarding bluetooth connectivity with my 2008 BMW 535i. I was able to connect it to the BMW's bluetooth but the address book is not getting downloaded. Is there a way to configure it?

Thanks in advance..
    02-16-09 03:24 PM
    Damn congrats on the car the 535 is a beast! U should look into the vishnu tune for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 04:55 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my 2008 Audi A4 s-line with bluetooth set up. When I got the phone it worked ok now never get the phone book. Was just looking through forums to see if there was anything... not a clue at the min!!
    02-16-09 05:01 PM
    I am using Bold with my 335 and it works fine. I would try deleting and reconnecting it again and see if that works.
    02-16-09 05:04 PM
    While I'm not familiar with your car's setup, I have had to do this on other devices. Try to see if your BMW has a mode where it can transfer/retrieve a phonebook address over blutooth. While it is doing that go to Manage Connections, Bluetooth Options, highlight your vehicle's Bluetooth name, hit BB menu button, and hit Transfer Contacts.
    02-16-09 05:05 PM
    I have a 2008 535xi, and my Storm address book transfers to the iDrive. The one thing you should be aware of is the iDrive only supports a max of 1500 phone numbers. I know this sounds like a lot, but when I first synched the Storm, only my entries A-J showed up. I went on on the bimmerfest.com forum and discovered the 1500 entry limitation. I had 1700 contacts with 2-3 numbers each (I am in sales and a packrat!). I had to archive half of my contacts in Outlook to get the number down on the Storm. Otherwise works fine.

Try deleting the pairing and try again.
    02-16-09 05:21 PM
    Hello to everyone,
    I appreciate all the replies. I actually have both the storm and the curve (wife's) created and both don't show the address book.

Brotker,
    Any particular firmware version I need on the storm? Were you successful the first time you paired it?

Checked the BMW site, it looks like both both phones aren't listed on the currently approve phones. Nevertheless, I will delete both pairings and try again.

Thanks...

PS. Definitely love the power on this car right now. Software tuning is def next etc...
    02-16-09 05:48 PM
    I have an M3 and the address book does transfer.

Go into Options - Bluetooth, highlight your BMW ULF, hit the Menu button, select Options and set Contact Transfer to All Entries.
    02-16-09 05:55 PM
    I have a Storm and my wife has a Curve. The address book works with the 08 X5 and the 07 M5.

I think the problem is in the initial hookup. After you pair it for the first time you need to wait until the entire address book loads, took about 10 minutes for me, less than a minute for my wifes. If you interrupt that initial loading of the phone book it will never load.

That's what my BMW salesperson told me when he set them up. In fact, have him do it. Make that guy earn that commission ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 06:36 PM
    I have the 08 550i. I could never get my Treo to sync up correctly, but have had no problem with my Storm. Full access to address book.
    02-16-09 07:43 PM
    Working fine here with 2006 3-series... my TREO also never synced correctly
    02-16-09 07:52 PM
    After numerous tries, it finally worked this morning for the storm. It took around 5 minutes to transfer the addres book. I will try the curve later on. Thanks again.
    02-17-09 03:03 PM
    It worked for the Curve as well. Blackberry's and BMW's rocks... ;-)
    02-22-09 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD