As I read Through The Storm Forums, I can't Help but sadly glance every so often at my nice cute little Storm, in her Nice Little Black Skin...

I'm Reading All these Hateful things:

Stuff About the OS being Crap...

Schizophrenic Accelerometers...

Stuff About Credit Cards Going Where???

I'm Trying to Really Like my Storm- I Really Am...

But To Be Honest- It Doesn't Make My Life Any Easier.

It Seems Like I'm Inconveniencing myself just so that I could use "The Worlds First Touchscreen Blackberry."

I found my Bold Earlier today and gave the Keyboard a whirl- and I felt, (dare I say) Nostalgic.

But then I look at my Storm and look at its Fit and Finish Case- its Beautiful Bezel- its Cute Little Silvery Blackberry Logo...

Then I go back to trying to convince myself that all is good, and all is alright.

But It Isn't!

It Feels Like I'm Being Bullied into liking the Storm!

Why Shouldn't I Like the First Touchscreen Blackberry?

There's No Reason Not To.

It Just Feels like I'm not using a Blackberry, and I'm Just Frustrating myself even more by trying to convince myself that I should be liking this thing.

That Time Will Allow Me to Like it, And That This Alien Device will be good for me in the long run.

I Just Hope I'm Not Wrong.

Does Anyone Else Feel Unsure About The Storm?
    11-24-08 03:57 PM
    Now that you got that off your chest - don't you feel better!
    11-24-08 03:59 PM
    honestly if you have to 2nd guess your phone you need to return it before it's too late. don't ask strangers for help you know what you paid for it's up to you. As for me I can't wait to get my storm. and if I'm not happy with it I will return it, because that is an option!!
    11-24-08 04:01 PM
    Actually I do!
    11-24-08 04:02 PM
    YOU MUST LIKE YOUR PHONE -BULLIES prada- IF YOU DON'T YOU ARE A TOOL -pushes and bullies some more-
    11-24-08 04:05 PM
    I've thought of getting BBs in the past and never quite liked them. Always went with WinMo phones. There was something about the Storm that just made me want it though.

I like the Storm b/c it isn't exactly like the BBs I've never really liked, so I can see where diehard BB fans could be facing a bit of a culture shock with the Storm.

With that said... I've found most of the people that have bad reviews of the Storm are either comparing it to other Blackberries or iPhones... I'm just looking at the Storm for what it is and I absolutely 100% love it - despite some minor bugs that I just don't focus on because they're not serious at all.
    11-24-08 04:05 PM
    There are a few small things I don't like about the Storm.. but overall it's light years beyond the phone it replaced.. I'm not expecting it to be the Holy Grail of phones.

I am not trying to constantly measure it against other phones and trying to take it for what it is.. RIM's first crack at a touchscreen.

I am enjoying the phone so far! I know it can only get better.. and I can always upgrade to something else next year...
    11-24-08 04:08 PM
    There are a few small things I don't like about the Storm.. but overall it's light years beyond the phone it replaced.. I'm not expecting it to be the Holy Grail of phones.

I am not trying to constantly measure it against other phones and trying to take it for what it is.. RIM's first crack at a touchscreen.

I am enjoying the phone so far! I know it can only get better.. and I can always upgrade to something else next year...

Best post i've seen on this subject yet. It isn't the same as the Curve, Pearl, World, Iphone etc. It's a BB Storm. With a little refining it'll be perfect IMO.
    11-24-08 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD