Crackberry Community,

I would like to make an appeal to the moderation staff. I love crackberry, and have found it very useful ever since I've been a blackberry owner. However, it has become increasingly difficult and annoying to use this forum. This forum is so full of idiotic threads from people trying to be pranksters (how original, might I add), and repetitive threads asking the same questions over and over again, when the answer is sure to be in the first couple search results (it might even still be one on the first beta os discussion page)

Is there any way the mods will be willing to step it up and start banning these wannabe pranksters? They aren't funny, they are just annoying and clog up the forum and make it hard to find legitimate threads. Go to the lounge if you want to make stupid threads, this forum is for people looking for legitimate info on new beta builds of the OS.

And for all the people asking the same generic questions without searching, can we maybe raise (or create, don't know if there even is one) the minimum post count before you can create a thread. This would encourage the newbs (and the lazy) to try searching for answers to questions that have certainly been answered several times in the past. This also just clogs up the forum.

So thanks for reading
    03-10-09 09:17 AM
    Two of these types of posts in two days? Seriously?

If it bothers you this much maybe reassess your time management skills and your hobbies.

By the way...this thread, in the current location, is clogging things up just as much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mtoomey79; 03-10-09 at 09:28 AM.
    03-10-09 09:26 AM
    well said Mtoomey.

just gotta learn to ignore it..... or go somewhere else...... i guess.
    03-10-09 09:55 AM
    Ban. '

03-10-09 09:59 AM
    Crackberry Community,

I would like to make an appeal to the moderation staff. I love crackberry, and have found it very useful ever since I've been a blackberry owner. However, it has become increasingly difficult and annoying to use this forum. This forum is so full of idiotic threads from people trying to be pranksters (how original, might I add), and repetitive threads asking the same questions over and over again, when the answer is sure to be in the first couple search results (it might even still be one on the first beta os discussion page)

Is there any way the mods will be willing to step it up and start banning these wannabe pranksters? They aren't funny, they are just annoying and clog up the forum and make it hard to find legitimate threads. Go to the lounge if you want to make stupid threads, this forum is for people looking for legitimate info on new beta builds of the OS.

And for all the people asking the same generic questions without searching, can we maybe raise (or create, don't know if there even is one) the minimum post count before you can create a thread. This would encourage the newbs (and the lazy) to try searching for answers to questions that have certainly been answered several times in the past. This also just clogs up the forum.

So thanks for reading
    Hi and welcome to the internet, I am sorry your stay has been unpleasant and YOUR needs must be catered to. May I suggest that you also use the search function that you recommend to people to find your �legitimate threads�. As you are a seasoned veteran of the blackberry world, why don't you stop spending your time hitting f5 and answer some of these questions, or try to turn these threads into a valid talk on what you think is the future of the Storm. If you continue to get mad you only feed the Trolls and produce more, so don't complain, don't respond and they will go away on thier own.
    03-10-09 10:02 AM
    Ban this guy ...... lol.
    03-10-09 10:46 AM
    I like the whole damn Storm forum shut down. Last night was a fracking zoo in there because some people believe they are owed a beta. Crazy.
    03-10-09 11:02 AM
    I like the whole damn Storm forum shut down. Last night was a fracking zoo in there because some people believe they are owed a beta. Crazy.
    Whats your username supposed to mean ?
    03-10-09 11:05 AM
    Bajan = what people from here call themselves. ******* = well i'm a bit of a smack talking, cigarette smoking, load mouth who earned the name during a MK4 tournament years ago. I'm also extremely handsome. Anything else?
    03-10-09 11:14 AM

If it bothers you this much maybe reassess your time management skills and your hobbies.

By the way...this thread, in the current location, is clogging things up just as much.

Amen brother!
    03-10-09 11:39 AM
    Bajan = what people from here call themselves. ******* = well i'm a bit of a smack talking, cigarette smoking, load mouth who earned the name during a MK4 tournament years ago. I'm also extremely handsome. Anything else?
    Nah, that pretty much covers it. Was curious about the name and now I'm enlightened !
    03-10-09 11:43 AM
    Personally, I'm all for free speech and such but I've started to notice that a bunch of these posts and threads have become far more juvenile as we wait for the next OS leak.

I've seen more rants in the OS forum, spoof thread titles and more jokers than usual.
    03-10-09 02:35 PM
    Crackberry Community,

Is there any way the mods will be willing to step it up and start banning these wannabe pranksters? They aren't funny, they are just annoying and clog up the forum and make it hard to find legitimate threads. Go to the lounge if you want to make stupid threads, this forum is for people looking for legitimate info on new beta builds of the OS.And for all the people asking the same generic questions without searching, can we maybe raise (or create, don't know if there even is one) the minimum post count before you can create a thread. This would encourage the newbs (and the lazy) to try searching for answers to questions that have certainly been answered several times in the past. This also just clogs up the forum.

So thanks for reading

Lighten up, Francis.........
    If you don't like the thread, don't enter it. Except for an occasional event (such as last night), the forums are supposed to allow you to express your feelings without "moderating." That is what they are for.......if you don't like the thread, leave. Moderators remove those who are being rude, move threads that are in the wrong forum, and for the most part help others who need it.
    Stop trying to be a forum Nazi.
    Last edited by marcuswyse; 03-10-09 at 02:56 PM.
    03-10-09 02:42 PM

well said...i agree...some people take things to the EXTREME and get annoyed too quickly....dont even read a thread if you can tell by the title what it will be about...and if you can't tell by the title then if you read the first post don't like what you see...STOP reading...LOL...i know i'll get flamed cause im listed as a 'user' or whatever...but rank on a site does not mean i am a newb when it comes electronics and devices...just means i dont post 100 times a day

LOVE the site tho!!!
    Last edited by WutTheDuece; 03-10-09 at 03:56 PM.
    03-10-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD