Opening stalking staffers on Christmas Eve, my girlfriend gets up and knocks my beer over and it spills all over the screen. Weird thing is no beer went under under screen. I let it sit out and dry now it works fine.

Oh yeah the sticker wasn't damaged. Plus I have a replacement sitting on my night stand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 07:47 AM
    Opening stalking staffers on Christmas Eve, my girlfriend gets up and knocks my beer over and it spills all over the screen. Weird thing is no beer went under under screen. I let it sit out and dry now it works fine.

Oh yeah the sticker wasn't damaged. Plus I have a replacement sitting on my night stand.

My 8830 got spilled on in June. I cleaned it off and everything seemed fine. About two monthes later, my screen started to get multi-colored static. I brought it into Verizon and they sayed that it was due to water damage. Sure enough, both the battery sticker and the other inside sticker were Red. The tech told me that sometimes the effects of water damage do not show up immediately. I guess the moral of the story is, if you do not have insurance, sign up for it. Hopefully you never have to use it, but it is better than paying for a replacement.
    12-26-08 07:53 AM
    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, I posted about it. Front was totally covered in beer but no liquid got back behind the screen or where the battery is. You can tell because the solid red line behind the battery will become blurred and change to a pinkish color if there is water damage. I did put it in white rice overnight just in case there was any excess moisture but everything is still working fine. I also had a Verizon screen protector and a rubber skin on the back and sides which may have helped my cause. Sucks anyway since we love our new toy and it's so new!
    12-26-08 08:39 AM
    WTFritos is a "stalking staffer"???
    12-26-08 08:45 AM
    One drop of rain.....i mean i drop and it was raining fell on the screeen last week. I wipe it off, but i think it still went in the crack on the lower left hand corner. Well now my Send button doesnt work. You have to press very hard to get it to work. I mean really press hard and long.

Anyway....my replacement is in today. Ill be picking it up in about 2 hours!
    12-26-08 08:50 AM
    Thats what you get on Xmas while drinking lots of beer!!!!
    12-26-08 08:51 AM
    WTFritos is a "stalking staffer"???
    I think he meant "stocking stuffers"
    12-26-08 08:54 AM

Cole, did you at least take your gift back before getting rid of your girlfriend?? Afterall, it IS a BB!!
    12-26-08 08:55 AM
    Well it is alcohol, so maybe it'll be a slow death.
    12-26-08 09:14 AM
    The sticker on the inside of my battery cover is red as well but I have never gotten the phone wet. Anybody else have this happen?
    12-26-08 11:00 AM
    The sticker on the inside of my battery cover is red as well but I have never gotten the phone wet. Anybody else have this happen?
    If it is red, the chemical reactions has taken place. It was wet or exposed to moisture at one time or another.
    12-26-08 11:38 AM
    He11 sweat has been known to cause it too.

12-26-08 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD