Over the last two years I have had the following phones:

1. iPhone
    2. Curve
    3. Bold
    4. Storm

I waited 12 hours to get an iPhone when they first came out. 18 months later my daughter managed to drop her iPhone, and I had to switch to a free curve, and give her my iPhone. When the Bold came out, I upgraded to it.

I had to switch from the AT&T Network two weeks ago because of my new employer. I was really worried about getting a Storm. Mainly because of all the negativity on this forum. After two weeks, I can say without a doubt my Storm experience has been GREAT. I have listed several things I prefer the Storm over the iPhone, Curve, and Bold.

1. The Blackberry Platform is rock solid, and far superior to the iPhone. For anyone not familiar with the Blackberry Platform, you really need to try it, and then be prepared to be amazed. The pure power of the Blackberry platform compared to the iPhone is a joke.
    2. Speed, the applications load 10 times faster on the Storm than on the iPhone. With the iPhone all I ever did was wait, and wait and wait for applications to load.
    3. The screen clarity is superior to any phone on the market.
    4. The "click" screen was odd at first, but now I find myself typing as fast, or faster than other phones.
    5. The virtual keyboard is bigger than the Keyboard on the Curve or Bold, so anyone who complains about a small keyboard isn't sure what they are talking about.
    6. Larger Screen compared to Curve and Bold.
    7. Web Browser, the web browser is better than the Curve or Bold. I would say the iPhone browser is a little better, but not much. Also, Blackberry will continue to improve this too.
    8. Blackberry Messenger-Anyone who has used this application know how sweet it is. The iPhone has nothing to compare this too.
    9. Email and Texting power. The ability to forward text messages, emails, etc. is so nice. The iPhone really fails in this department.
    10. Camera-The Storm's Camera is far superior to the iPhone. Not even close. I prefer the Storm's camera over the Curve and Bold too. Plus the big screen makes it easy to view pictures.
    11. The Verizon Network is faster, period. Having been on AT&T for over 2 years it's not even a close comparison.

I'm not sure why there is so much negativity surrounding the Storm. My guess is the following:

1. People failed to read the manual to learn how to use the phone.
    2. People tried the phone for one day, and never allowed themselves a chance to get used to the "click".
    3. People are posting false stories about the Storm.
    4. People have nothing better to do than complain.

I hope this helps somebody out.
    04-02-09 11:29 AM
    This helps nice write up.. I have the curve and just upgraded to the storm..
    04-02-09 11:40 AM
    Yea I agree Storm = 5 zillion problems IPhone = 0
    04-02-09 11:41 AM

I'm not sure why there is so much negativity surrounding the Storm. My guess is the following:

1. People failed to read the manual to learn how to use the phone.
    2. People tried the phone for one day, and never allowed themselves a chance to get used to the "click".
    3. People are posting false stories about the Storm.

I hope this helps somebody out.
    That's it right there
    04-02-09 11:49 AM
    my daughter managed to drop her iPhone, and I had to switch to a free curve, and give her my iPhone.
    why would you have to give her your phone, why didn't you just get her another phone?????......guess she's a Daddy's girl.....LOL....

I've had zero problems with my Storm, so your statement is completely false.....johngaetano's assessment confirms that.........
    04-02-09 11:52 AM
    there is only one problem i have with the OP's comments, a .65 storm was terrible and .75 mmmhhhh so so, but a storm upgraded to at least .113 now there is a better comparison. I still have the same storm i received from day one and i have to tell you the numerous battery pulls i had to perform was just silly and that was with .75. Now i have .113 and i can it's way better.
    04-02-09 11:54 AM

1. People failed to read the manual to learn how to use the phone. Umm No, I read it, more then any phone and it got my hopes up that I was getting a amazing phone...
    2. People tried the phone for one day, and never allowed themselves a chance to get used to the "click". I love the click... AFTER I had to "fix" the click issue
    3. People are posting false stories about the Storm. False? Or just the truths and you don't wanna hear it? What "stories"
    DuH it's a internet message board what do you want people to blow rainbows and sunshine out their backside holes?
    And how much longer has the iphone been out? How many initial problems did it have? Point said and done, another stupid noob here, iphones are for kiddies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've had zero problems with my Storm, so your statement is completely false.....johngaetano's assessment confirms that.........
    I guarantee if you're not running anything higher than .75 than you don't know what you missing.
    04-02-09 11:55 AM
    Truth right there.
    04-02-09 11:55 AM
    I used to think that way too.

I love my Storm, had it since it first came out and now run .113. My brother has a Storm, also with .113, two friends of mine have Storms...on .113 (I think one still uses .99), and I also have a roommate with .109 (she's absolutely clueless about the phone).

The weird thing is, my roommates Storm is an utter piece of garbage. I have no idea why, but when I had .109 it worked leaps and bounds better than hers. It was faster than .75 but she had such a problem with random reboots. Many in a day. She hates the phone, not just because of the reboots (I would hate it too) but because she has no earthly clue what she's doing.

To this day, she struggles just to make a simple phone call or send a text. I think a lot of the complaining is just that some phones are prone to just have weird glitches than others. I'm not sure why but out of everyone I know with a Storm, she's the only one with problems and I've seen the reboots first hand and in playing with her phone, it does lag a lot. To use her phone and to use mine is a night and day difference.

Most of my friends also have iPhones and they've played around with my phone. Not one of them has really said anything negative about it, they all really like it and they really love the SurePress screen...they also love how I can type in either Portrait OR Landscape.

I'd say many people on here do like to whine about nothing though. In reading this forum it'd lead you to believe that the iPhone is some magical, unstoppable mega phone. In reality though, it's not the case at all.

****, one of my friend's iPhones randomly likes turning itself off.
    04-02-09 12:03 PM
    I used to think that way too.

I love my Storm, had it since it first came out and now run .113. My brother has a Storm, also with .113, two friends of mine have Storms...on .113 (I think one still uses .99), and I also have a roommate with .109 (she's absolutely clueless about the phone).

The weird thing is, my roommates Storm is an utter piece of garbage. I have no idea why, but when I had .109 it worked leaps and bounds better than hers. It was faster than .75 but she had such a problem with random reboots. Many in a day. She hates the phone, not just because of the reboots (I would hate it too) but because she has no earthly clue what she's doing.

To this day, she struggles just to make a simple phone call or send a text. I think a lot of the complaining is just that some phones are prone to just have weird glitches than others. I'm not sure why but out of everyone I know with a Storm, she's the only one with problems and I've seen the reboots first hand and in playing with her phone, it does lag a lot. To use her phone and to use mine is a night and day difference.

Most of my friends also have iPhones and they've played around with my phone. Not one of them has really said anything negative about it, they all really like it and they really love the SurePress screen...they also love how I can type in either Portrait OR Landscape.

I'd say many people on here do like to whine about nothing though. In reading this forum it'd lead you to believe that the iPhone is some magical, unstoppable mega phone. In reality though, it's not the case at all.

****, one of my friend's iPhones randomly likes turning itself off.
    give yourself a pat on the back, because we need more people like you even though your post didn't go into too much depth you managed to keep it unbiased.
    04-02-09 12:06 PM
    113 is a huge improvement

04-02-09 12:06 PM
    Ok I get it now. Everything negative said about the storm is a lie. And I suppose everything negative posted about the iphone is the truth.

04-02-09 12:09 PM
    [QUOTE=fecurtis;2159771]I used to think that way too.

I think a lot of the complaining is just that some phones are prone to just have weird glitches than others.

I can verify that my first storm had a ton of those weird glitches, even after upgrading to .109 which made it alot better, it ended up just having various apps flunk out on me. I got Verizon to send me out a replacement, and it has been flawless... still running .75 on it, and am going to wait for the release of .113 on verizon (according to support, that should be coming very very soon!) , but I remeber when my younger brother got the first iPhone release, that damn thing was crashing all the time. it was so bad he finally got them to upgrade him to an 8GB when they went from 2-3G... I have not seen the issues being so bad with the storm upon it's release as they were with the iPhone! right on OP you nailed it with this post!
    04-02-09 12:14 PM
    Yea some of your points are right, but maybe your comparing a Storm .113 or something to an old iphone?

That stuff is just not true. I have a Storm and do my best to make it perform to its fullest BUT the points you brought up do not all work if your talking about todays iPhone compared to todays Storm.

Man, I mean the software for the iPhone, unfreakinbelieveable. If you like your touchscreen to respond precise, fluid transitions into just about everything, the Storm is really a bad choice.

I'm sure I'll hear a lot of Storm fanboy bs about their Storm working perfectly, but ****, your lying. I've upgraded every beta os, cleaned all the un-needed apps off, turned all sorts of options around to perform at its best and STILL, once a day I'll want to set it on my golf tee and WHACK!
    04-02-09 12:20 PM
    I think the main problem is that some people thought they were buying an iPhone when they purchased the storm only to realize after that it is after all a blackberry... I have had very few problems with my Storm and to be honest all phones have problems.

I find my storm to be a solid phone it does everything I need it to do and a lot more, with time this phone is going to be even more amazing then it already is, especially once more apps start coming out, and the bugs get ironed out.

Also, I would like to add that people think the iPhone is faster but they have a lot of animation when doing things which is probably used to make the loading time seem less cause it is doing some fancy stuff... I love that my storm is not fancy when I wanna get emails I just want it to pop open immediately and the storm is great at launching apps immediately as well.

I need this phone for Business and Pleasure, if I just wanted pure entertainment I would get an iPhone over the storm (lets face it the apps for the iphone are quite amazing, with time I'm sure the storms will be as well) but the iPhone just can't deliver on what I would mainly use my device for. Blackberry, however, delivers and exceeds my expectations with their platform. If you are running one of the new OS's I'm sure you will agree this phone has very little problems compared to .75 and the problems that remain are small which will be fixed with a few more leaks I'm sure, or an official release.
    Last edited by StevenG; 04-02-09 at 12:37 PM.
    04-02-09 12:33 PM
    Yea some of your points are right, but maybe your comparing a Storm .113 or something to an old iphone?

That stuff is just not true. I have a Storm and do my best to make it perform to its fullest BUT the points you brought up do not all work if your talking about todays iPhone compared to todays Storm.

Man, I mean the software for the iPhone, unfreakinbelieveable. If you like your touchscreen to respond precise, fluid transitions into just about everything, the Storm is really a bad choice.

I'm sure I'll hear a lot of Storm fanboy bs about their Storm working perfectly, but ****, your lying. I've upgraded every beta os, cleaned all the un-needed apps off, turned all sorts of options around to perform at its best and STILL, once a day I'll want to set it on my golf tee and WHACK!
    $10 says you've used an iPhone for all of maybe 10 minutes.

My phone does transition just fine...not as flashy as the transitions on the iPhone but I don't mind. It doesn't have to do anything crazy, just open up my app.

The only OS that ever gave me trouble were those pesky .8x OS apps. Those things were terrible, BBM freezing and VSOD. Awful I tells ya.

I haven't had any issues since I got .99 though. I haven't done a battery pull in months, true story. I've even dropped it twice, once on my concrete driveway, another time on hardwood floors at a bar. The thing still works...granted its scratched to **** but it works.

I'll never understand why some phones are more prone to these issues than others. We aren't dellusional or in denial either a.) you're unlucky or b.) I'm lucky.
    04-02-09 12:34 PM
    Over The Last two years ive had the following
    1.curve
    2.bold
    3.Iphone
    4.AT&t Tilt(HTC kaiser)
    5.At&t fuze(forgot model name)
    Currently I use the iphone when im out and about use the curve when im doing physical work / bar

I will focus on my curve and my iphone , because i happen to disagree with some of your points.

1.I agree with your point regarding the blackberry platform , it is great and easy to use , it however lacks innovation at least anymore , i dont know about you but it gets boring , i feel they should revamp the os and give us something new(revamp everything).The Blackberry os is great for security and stability(albeit the memory leaks) , however i feel the iphone is more powerful as a platform to work with(applications/games/utilities).Blackberry has these things and does these things but not with grace , the BB os is so locked down due to security(for good reason) that you can do only so much with your applications.

2.Ive had few issues regarding apps not loading and with blackberry apps load instantly(less your oom) , however due a restart after every install and things usually load just fine with an iphone.(however it does happen)

3.I disagree i dont think one is neccesserily better than another , however they can be compared.(see chart below)

Apple iPhone, 320x480, 3.5": 160ppi
    Blackberry Storm 480 x 360 3.25' 184ppi
    Palm Treo 750, 240x240, 2.6": 130ppi
    HTC Touch, Wizard, Hermes, and Kaiser, 240x320, 2.8": 132ppi
    HTC Athena X7501, 640x480, 5": 160ppi
    Motorola Q, 320x240, 2.4": 166ppi
    HTC S710 Vox, 240x320, 2.4": 166ppi
    Samsung BlackJack, 320x240, 2.3": 173ppi
    Dell Axim X50v/X51v, 480x640, 3.8": 210ppi
    HTC Universal, 640x480, 3.6": 222ppi
    i-mate Ultimate 9150, 480x640, 2.6", 307ppi
    Toshiba G900, 800x480, 3": 310ppi
    Htc Touch HD 480 x 800 pixels, 3.8': 245ppi
    comparisons really imho and it helps if the scren is vga vs wxvga as far as clarity goes.
    4.Agree
    5.agree
    6.agree

7.Agree as far as comparison to web browsers between blackberrys but as far as browsers go the storm is behind in the browser wars vs iphone imho(if were talking about regular browser) , until blackberry smartens up and decides to use a new rootkit for the browser they'll always be behind , it be nice if blackberry took the rootkit from the Palm PRE , Palm PRE is on par with the iphone.
    8.I love BBM cant live without it .

9.Agree

10. 3.2mp >2mp agree

11.Never toyed with verizons service here in ny from what i hear there fantastic , but at the time i originally got my phone there phones were lackluster at best and the crippling of devices kept me far far far away.There getting better now , but i love the fact that i can take my sim out and switch between my toys.As far as data i dont know right now i would say VZW is faster with all the iphones bottling up At&T network.I also it depends on location location location.

Like every phone people had lemons , legitimate lemons and no phone is exempt from that.The rest i think is common sense.
    04-02-09 12:36 PM

1. People failed to read the manual to learn how to use the phone. Umm No, I read it, more then any phone and it got my hopes up that I was getting a amazing phone...
    2. People tried the phone for one day, and never allowed themselves a chance to get used to the "click". I love the click... AFTER I had to "fix" the click issue
    3. People are posting false stories about the Storm. False? Or just the truths and you don't wanna hear it? What "stories"
    DuH it's a internet message board what do you want people to blow rainbows and sunshine out their backside holes?
    I don't think the thread personally attacked anyone, why take it so personal?

I do enjoy my storm a whole lot! I've been very patient with it and I am enjoying it and can't wait for the official updates in the future

04-02-09 12:45 PM
    $10 says you've used an iPhone for all of maybe 10 minutes.

My phone does transition just fine...not as flashy as the transitions on the iPhone but I don't mind. It doesn't have to do anything crazy, just open up my app.

The only OS that ever gave me trouble were those pesky .8x OS apps. Those things were terrible, BBM freezing and VSOD. Awful I tells ya.

I haven't had any issues since I got .99 though. I haven't done a battery pull in months, true story. I've even dropped it twice, once on my concrete driveway, another time on hardwood floors at a bar. The thing still works...granted its scratched to **** but it works.

I'll never understand why some phones are more prone to these issues than others. We aren't dellusional or in denial either a.) you're unlucky or b.) I'm lucky.
    Yea my girl has an iPhone so I somehow use one everyday, pay up.

I put all her apps, songs, music, look for new software or whatever cause I do it for my Storm all the time. I try my hardest the be pro Storm, but I've never fought with a phone with this slow and dated feeling software.

Almost seems like, if you want a phone for fun get the iPhone. And if you want a phone for business and other stuff get a different Blackberry.
    04-02-09 12:47 PM
    And how much longer has the iphone been out? How many initial problems did it have? Point said and done, another stupid noob here, iphones are for kiddies.

Ahhh Apple has only been making phones for 1.5 years and how long has RIM been making smart phones???
    04-02-09 12:58 PM
    Nice commentary on the Storm. Makes me feel good..I'm about to make the switch from a Curve..
    04-02-09 01:05 PM
    Someone on this forum who doesn't complain! We need more people like you around here.

04-02-09 01:12 PM
    right on brother!
    04-02-09 01:14 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD