Last week, I recieved a replacement battery from VZW because my origional was not lasting but a few hours.

Today, i decided to do a little 8 hour experiment and have timed everything. (removed from charger @ 10am, checked battery % at 6pm)

This is the specs for the storms battery: Standby time: 15 days (356 hours) / Talk time: 6 hours

Here is how battery drain breaks down(per above specs):

* standby = .28% per hour / .005% per min
    * talk = 16.67% per hour / .28% per min

I talked for a total of 23 min (5 phone calls) today, with ZERO internet/email/media use and the data radio off.

with my usage today for a 8 hour period should equal:

* 6.44% talking
    * 2.13% standby
    * for 8hr battery should read 91.43%

But the results of my test for the 8 hour period, my batter life was at 70%.

Thats a difference of 21.43%, where did it go? I dont know.

Also, I use a OEM Leather holster w/magnet, so when im not using it, its asleep.
    03-21-09 05:02 PM
    Well bb sends data out even when you aren't using it unless your radio is off bit how would you be able to call with your radio off? Also there different variables that can differ the battery like application andwat your blackberry does in the background by itself. That's what I am thinking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 05:10 PM
    Well bb sends data out even when you aren't using it unless your radio is off bit how would you be able to call with your radio off? Also there different variables that can differ the battery like application andwat your blackberry does in the background by itself. That's what I am thinking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you can turn data off

options>mobile network> set data service to off
    03-21-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD