pansop you say that it defeats the purpose of the phone with a hunchback battery door. I love my extended battery from Seidio and I use my phone 10 hours a day and still have battery life for texting, IM and browsing the web. I tried the 15% extended battery but got little if any more time than the stock battery. The 2600MA Battery gets me through 2 days.

I prefer the extended battery to get through my day.
    03-02-09 05:11 PM
    My biggest gripe with the Storm is the battery life...A slim extended battery should be offered with more than 15-20 percent improvement. I refuse to buy something with added bulk. So, I just keep car chargers, office chargers and one at home.
    03-02-09 05:17 PM
    The reason for the battery life's shortness is because the phone is always connecting to the different information i.e. bluetooth, e-mail, internet. At least that's what the Verizon Technician told me when i got it checked out. It also helps to turn off some of the apps you have open in the background(to view them press and hold the blackberry key). Also you can you can go to ''Manage Connections'' on the menu and disconnect all of them to preserve battery life. It could help to set times to turn your connections on to receive messages and such. That's how i get to keep my battery alive for about a day and a half.
    03-02-09 05:42 PM
    pansop you say that it defeats the purpose of the phone with a hunchback battery door. I love my extended battery from Seidio and I use my phone 10 hours a day and still have battery life for texting, IM and browsing the web. I tried the 15% extended battery but got little if any more time than the stock battery. The 2600MA Battery gets me through 2 days.

I prefer the extended battery to get through my day.
    I fully appreciate your thoughts on the extended battery and I'm glad it works for you.

As I said, to me, it defeats the aesthetic purpose of the phone but I do take your point on having plenty of power. I wouldn't buy it - it's like shoving a V8 into a Hyundai Excel - quite doable but ugly in my opinion.

We all know smartphones have battery issues however it is an absolute consumer given that we expect at least ONE FULL DAY from a charge. Anything less is not acceptable and the Storm has issues in that area that are being addressed.

I like the look of the Storm as well as the features of the device. Maybe we are all just asking too much to expect decent battery life as well? I mean, there hasn't been a perfect device built yet ... but one day there might be!
    03-02-09 11:44 PM
    Please elaborate.
    my battery was dying in like 4 hours from being charged after i upgraded to .109. i did a full wipe and uploaded all my programs except for weatherbug and now my battery can last days and i use my phone a lot...
    03-03-09 12:14 AM
    my battery was dying in like 4 hours from being charged after i upgraded to .109. i did a full wipe and uploaded all my programs except for weatherbug and now my battery can last days and i use my phone a lot...
    Are you on 3G in your location?
    03-03-09 12:16 AM
    No such thing exists, sorry. Storm beta OS's are unheard of, and NEVER have leaked onto the internet.
    haha I was beginning to think that sarcasm was not allowed in this forum.

This is a forum about technology and we cant get any better smileys then this??
    03-03-09 12:25 AM
    Going from .103 to .109, I noticed an increase in battery life. Took my phone off it's charger @ 7:30 this morning, did some texting, web surfing, rec'd e-mails & a handful of calls & I'm at 65% right now (10:26 pm PST). Guess I'm one of the lucky ones...
    03-03-09 12:27 AM
    After wiping and upgrading to .109...

My battery will last at least two days with moderate-heavy use. I guess i am lucky. I'm very surprised too. Last night i was astonished to see that after all day, i had 70% left. Unbelievable.

03-03-09 12:33 AM
    Do a wipe and then upgrade to .109. Been using the phone since this morning and battery is still at full.
    Exactly. I had the same problem with my Storm. Ever since I upgraded to .109 the battery life changed greatly. I text, email, myspace and facebook all day even. Other than upgrading to .109, here are some things you can do to help:

1. Make sure you close apps when you are not using them.

2. Turn off GPS if you dont use it that much. Go to OPTIONS>ADVANCED OPTIONS>GPS and change GPS Service to "E911 Only" and change Location Aiding to "Disabled."

3. Change the backlight brightness a little by at least 30 by going into OPTIONS>SCREEN/KEYBOARD and change it from 100 to about 70 without much of a difference.

4. You can also change the backlight time out, so that the backlight isnt on for so long. Mine is set at 10 seconds, this will be in the same options as the backlight brightness.

5. Change the Network from "Global" to "1XEV." This way its not constantly looking for a signal. Go to OPTIONS><MOBILE NETWORK> and change Network Technology to "1XEV."

6. Last thing you can do is delete/uninstall the applications you dont use and you can always reinstall them later if you want them back.

Hope this helps. It sure helped me. Good luck!
    03-03-09 12:54 AM
    I got this battery and it work gr8 but you have to charge for a strait 8 hours be for you start using it and it will take about 5 to 6 chargers be for you start seeing longer use out of you storm

Seidio Innocell Extended Battery 1600mAh OEM Size for BlackBerry Storm

O and I got it from crackberry.com
    03-03-09 02:16 AM
    can someone please tell me where i can find .109?
    03-03-09 06:35 AM
    can someone please tell me where i can find .109?
    Search: Key Word(s): official, 9530, .109
    03-03-09 08:05 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD