My battery is horrible for my phone.
    It doesn't even last a whole day without dying.
    I spend around 15 to 20 minutes a day on the internet.
    The rest is texting.
    Any ideas on what i can do to were i still have battery left at the end of the day?
    Thanks!
    03-02-09 01:27 PM
    When i turn on gps I can watch my battery drop. I good bat when online/internet. When I talk on it I drops fast as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 01:38 PM
    i had same prob.. until i upgraded to .109.. went from <1 day to >3 day
    03-02-09 01:41 PM
    I have awful battery life, by the time i get to work which is about 2 hours after I've unplugged my storm, it is already down to 80% and by the time I'm ready for bed, its usually in the red zone, and that is after I had it plugged into my computer for at least an hour during the day. I hope something is done to fix this!
    03-02-09 01:52 PM
    Do a wipe and then upgrade to .109. Been using the phone since this morning and battery is still at full.
    03-02-09 01:59 PM
    Do a wipe and then upgrade to .109. Been using the phone since this morning and battery is still at full.
    Please elaborate.
    03-02-09 02:01 PM
    I had the same problem, but I deleted every single application that I wasn't using or had no idea what it did and I also have .109 and my Storm has been going strong for 3 days
    03-02-09 02:15 PM
    I find it interesting as to how so many people have different experiences with their battery life. I'm running .75 OS, keep my back light brightness at 30, back light 20seconds, GPS is always on, and I get about 3 days out of it.

My G/F gets one day, can't figure it out. We have the same settings and about the same useage; actually I use data a lot more than she does and our minute usage is about the same.
    03-02-09 02:22 PM
    I have 10% backlight, 10 seconds and it's been forever charged. I was using AIM like mad today and it killed it a lot, but I haven't really charged it in days, except plugging it into my computer for a few minutes. I did have a love hate with it for a while, but now I just love it.
    03-02-09 02:40 PM
    My battery life improved after going from .75 to .109 friday night, but still only get a day out of it. That is not good enough. I do have the extended battery too. I have done everything that people mention to improve battery life, but it still should be better. Hopefully, with the official update it will. Keeping fingers crossed.
    03-02-09 03:27 PM
    I have been on the internet, downloaded some apps, ect, and I still have almost a full charge. Running .75 until official OS release.
    Last edited by mrsFAB; 03-02-09 at 04:08 PM.
    03-02-09 03:31 PM
    how do i know if i'm running .75 or .109?
    03-02-09 03:35 PM
    I havent noticed improved/decreased battery life with any leaked OS. Personally I think its in everyones head.

Make sure your backlight timeout is like 10 seconds, auto-dim is on, GPS is known to kill your battery if used extensively, make sure no apps are using it in the background (ie weatherbug, cool feature but completely useless).

I also think that charging via USB from your computer doesnt give you as "good" of a regular charge from the wall. Just what ive noticed, but could be wrong!
    03-02-09 03:39 PM
    i get awful battery life with .109 - its so annoying- yesterday I charged my phone two times because I lost so much battery- RIM better get a move on- this is unbelievably frustrating
    03-02-09 03:53 PM
    I havent noticed improved/decreased battery life with any leaked OS. Personally I think its in everyones head.
    Well, this is a little harsh given I've changed phones WEEKLY because of lousy battery life! My phone is my business tool and so it has to work all day - every day.

I run .109 now after trying all the other betas. I was getting barely a work day of battery (11 hours) with all the tweaks (GPS off, brightness down etc) with the others. I moved to .109 last week and was getting 30-40% battery at the end of my work day - a big improvement.

I installed BatteryBooster last Friday on the recommendation of other CB's in another thread and now I have been finishing my day at 40-50% battery life. Don't know how it works, but it does. Well worth the USD10.00 price as far as I'm concerned.

I run 3G continuously with BT turned ON because of my car kit. I also run BES email. I envy the people who get 3 days, only my former Nokias used to give me that. Just for the record, my iPhone with ALL the adjustments and hourly email polling (not push) would give me 30% barely at the end of the day.

So yes, I STRONGLY believe OSes have different battery use profiles and they will improve.

Bring on the next beta or preferably an OFFICIAL release!
    03-02-09 03:55 PM
    I get about 3 days out of my battery. I enable that auto sleep function. So at midnight Mon-Fri, my phone turns off and turns back on at 6am.
    I probably shouldn't do that as i'm always on call lol. but it does significantly increase battery life, i'm also running OS .76
    03-02-09 04:05 PM
    Well, this is a little harsh given I've changed phones WEEKLY because of lousy battery life! My phone is my business tool and so it has to work all day - every day.

I run .109 now after trying all the other betas. I was getting barely a work day of battery (11 hours) with all the tweaks (GPS off, brightness down etc) with the others. I moved to .109 last week and was getting 30-40% battery at the end of my work day - a big improvement.

I installed BatteryBooster last Friday on the recommendation of other CB's in another thread and now I have been finishing my day at 40-50% battery life. Don't know how it works, but it does. Well worth the USD10.00 price as far as I'm concerned.

I run 3G continuously with BT turned ON because of my car kit. I also run BES email. I envy the people who get 3 days, only my former Nokias used to give me that. Just for the record, my iPhone with ALL the adjustments and hourly email polling (not push) would give me 30% barely at the end of the day.

So yes, I STRONGLY believe OSes have different battery use profiles and they will improve.

Bring on the next beta or preferably an OFFICIAL release!
    See, this is why I think its in everyones head! Im not calling you a liar, but there are just as many people out there claiming it is "draining" their battery, while you have this huge success story. I just dont get it.

Heres another thing ive noticed, when I charge via USB from the computer for about 20 minutes, my supposed battery level goes up faster than if charging from the wall, but then drops about 10 percent in 30 minutes with minimal use. So heres my theory.

Either A. People are stupid and full of crap and want to be drama queens about battery life because they dont get laid of have any sort of social life, or B. Battery life are like your "bars" of signal and mean NOTHING.

All in good fun.
    Is there a BETA i can download to help my phone to run faster and have longer battery life?
    Is there a BETA i can download to help my phone to run faster and have longer battery life?
    No such thing exists, sorry. Storm beta OS's are unheard of, and NEVER have leaked onto the internet.
    03-02-09 04:07 PM
    What about this .109 thing?
    Where can i find that?
    03-02-09 04:11 PM
    See, this is why I think its in everyones head! Im not calling you a liar, but there are just as many people out there claiming it is "draining" their battery, while you have this huge success story. I just dont get it.
    Frankly I don't think mine's a huge success story. In fact I simply consider it a small step into making the Storm a viable device for my needs. I love the device but it's shortcomings are grinding me and my patience.

Nokia's E55 looks like a brilliant alternative EXCEPT for the screen size. The Pearl was brilliant until the eyes said NO to the screen size. The Bold is nice but the buttons too small. So the common theme is as long as you have a portable video screen the size of a Storm's or the iPhone's, you'll have battery issues.

As for the variability of battery life amongst users, 3G is the single biggest killer that is common to all users. Some networks are better than others as are some locations within those networks. Searching for signal stuffs your battery, so combined with 3G and big screen and a little battery (the Storm IS under powered) we will continue to have issues.
    03-02-09 04:17 PM
    Have they made an extended battery for the 9530 Storm yet?
    03-02-09 04:21 PM
    I've been having the same issues as everyone else with the battery life of my storm. Seems like the battery will just simply drain from being on without me even using it for anything. Just upgraded to .109, will let you know if it makes a difference.
    03-02-09 04:26 PM
    Yes there are 2 after market batteries. One is the same size with 10-15% more capacity. The other is double the size and comes with a new back for the phone.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the phone if you need to put a new 'hunchback' battery pack on it really ...
    03-02-09 04:41 PM
    I found in the Crackberry store that they have.
    Which one is the best?
    03-02-09 04:42 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD