Does this happen to anyone else:

I plug my phone in at night when I go to bed. Usually, it charges fully, but at least 5 times now it says it's charging but when I unplug it in the morning, I only have two battery life bars. I had Verizon replace my battery after the first 2 times and it has since happened 3 more times. What's up with that? Possible phone issue?
    02-27-09 10:54 AM
    Are you using an aftermaket plug by chance to charge it?
    02-27-09 11:44 AM
    Nope. The one that came with it!
    02-27-09 12:37 PM
    well i dont think its your batt. maybe its the phone and how it reads the batt. i would say let the phone completely die and then charge it fully this will kinda refresh how the phone gauges the batt. level
    02-27-09 01:55 PM
    well i dont think its your batt. maybe its the phone and how it reads the batt. i would say let the phone completely die and then charge it fully this will kinda refresh how the phone gauges the batt. level
    Yes do as he recommended. I was having the same issues. Should resolve the problem. G/L
    02-27-09 02:56 PM
    I get about 1 day's use out of mine.
    02-27-09 03:16 PM
    Thanks for the advice. My battery has once drained all the way to "off" inadvertently because of this same situation and I am still having those problems. I can always try again... Would taking out the battery and putting it back in be any kind of equivolent to this or is it really necessary to drain the battery all the way?
    02-27-09 03:18 PM
    no this happened to me before I put it on the charger before I went to the bed and I woke up and it was dead I unplugged it and replugged it and it started charging normally this happened twice so idk
    02-27-09 03:18 PM
    Thanks for the advice. My battery has once drained all the way to "off" inadvertently because of this same situation and I am still having those problems. I can always try again... Would taking out the battery and putting it back in be any kind of equivolent to this or is it really necessary to drain the battery all the way?
    Batteries with fuel gauge should be calibrated by applying a deliberate full discharge once every 30 charges. Running the pack down in the equipment does this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate and in some cases cut off the device prematurely.
    that goes for almost any electronic powered by lithium-ion batteries
    02-27-09 03:44 PM
    Update: I went to Verizon and they said I had a faulty charge port and are replacing my phone. Sweet!
    02-27-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD