So I set my new (only had it less than 2 days) Storm down last night on my nightstand, had almost a full battery. I pick it up this morning only to find it has gone completely dead. Wouldn't turn on... a battery pull did nothing. So I'm charging it right now, the battery had fully discharged overnight! WTF!

Is this a known issue? Time to take it back and get another one? Or do I need to "turn off" a feature or something before putting it down for the night?

With the browser so buggy (the cursor behavior is maddening) and im having typing issues with the touchscreen (fingers too big?), I'm starting to have my doubts about keeping this thing. I love how functional my GF's Curve is, even tho the browser is slower.
    02-21-09 09:48 AM
    apparently this must not be a common problem?
    02-21-09 10:30 AM
    the same thing happens to mine so i just charge mine at night
    02-21-09 10:34 AM
    Do you have any apps that use GPS? If so disable the auto update on them and you will see a huge jump in battery life.
    02-21-09 10:34 AM
    i disabled the features of the GPS. Since I've had it for two days, why didn't it run dead the first night I had it?
    ...weird...
    02-21-09 11:04 AM
    im wondering if leaving the email program on runs it down? I remember now I just sat it down after reading a late email that came in. I did not go back to the main screen it was in email mode...
    02-21-09 02:10 PM
    im wondering if leaving the email program on runs it down? I remember now I just sat it down after reading a late email that came in. I did not go back to the main screen it was in email mode...
    this can drain your battery cause it pulling to check your email everyone couple mins
    02-21-09 02:18 PM
    I've had my Storm for a couple of months and installed Vlingo yesterday and last night the battery drained completely. Started the night fully charged. Deader'n a doornail this morning. Probably just a coincidence but you never know.
    03-02-09 10:11 AM
    it's weird, because last night I turned my storm off using the end power button, no bat pull, and when I woke up it was dead. It had 60% battery when I went to bed and in the morning it was completely drained.

I've left the phone ON twice before overnight without charging it and it's remained ok, of course some battery went down but it never died.

What the heck could have caused it to die when the phone was OFF, but other times when it was on it stayed alive?
    03-10-09 08:29 AM
    You should be charging your phone regularly, especially if it is only two days old.

Try charging it at night, every night. And don't wait until the battery bar is drained. These batteries thrive on frequent charges.

Also, as said above, make sure you close apps if you aren't using them.
    03-10-09 08:54 AM
    HeroBerry is right. My battery is fine overnight but on one occasion I left MSN messenger running all night and my battery went from 90% to 5% overnight...

the next night I made sure to close everything and it only went down a few % points.
    03-10-09 11:27 AM
    I have drains after re-installing and after hearing from other users it appears a common issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 11:45 AM
    my online chat application will also kill the battery if i stay logged on.
    03-10-09 11:52 AM
    I had the same problem last night. It has happened to me twice before the first time I had an LED issue where it flashed all the time due to a 3rd party app which ran all the time but I have since deleted it.

Last night I charged my battery so had over 90% and then i woke up this morning and it was dead I only left the SMS screen on would this cause the battery to drain aswell or will it be something else?

Hope someone can help!
    06-14-10 05:54 AM
    Yeah the best way to keep your battery charge is to close out all apps when youre done by pressing the back key and not end and to charge on regular basis.

But if you are convinced that its a battery issue make sure youre taking it to a store first rather than calling customer service.
    At the store they are able to test the battery first hand.

In my personal experience,
    I called customer service regarding a battery I thought to be deffective and in response they pulled up my text records and call records and assumed that since I was using my phone so much it wasnt the battery but my overuse.

Plus its just better to talk to someone face to face.

best of luck!
    06-15-10 12:44 AM
    this can drain your battery cause it pulling to check your email everyone couple mins
    No. BlackBerry phones are hooked up with PUSH email. That's why you pay the TRIBUTE to RIM.

My Storm's battery only drains like crazy when I'm using Google Maps all day long. GPS and data like mad. Other than that, I just let it sit around in locked mode. In moderate use, it would last four days or so. Heavy, maybe 8 hours.

Just buy a new battery and learn how to close applications properly. Same battery that the 8900 uses, btw.
    06-15-10 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD