Hey, anyone here have an issue with their Storm battery. I am beginning to think it is the phone and nothing else. I have reflashed the firmware, have no applications running (such as weatherbug or anything), new battery that has been charged for at least 24hrs. It was working great and then the past week it sat in my pocket for 6hrs and died everyday! I switched batteries and it still happens.

Should I return it, or does anyone have any other suggestions.
    03-01-09 10:07 AM
    What apps do you have? Some tend to run in the background and not show in the app switcher.

Do a lot of browsing or anything with data?
    Backlight?
    Auto updates?
    03-01-09 10:15 AM
    Is your pocket opened or closed? If the device is trying to hold onto a signal that is being blocked by some type of covering this could cause a drain on the battery. Try sitting it in a holster outside of your pocket, or on a desk if possible and see if you experience better battery life. I normally only get about 8 hours of battery but I run a lot applications.
    03-01-09 10:18 AM
    That isn't good, 8 hours atleast. I get 12 no problem
    03-01-09 10:36 AM
    get a sleep case, turn off gps when not using it, and turn down the backlight to at least 80.
    03-01-09 11:13 AM
    Do you have any applications running in the backround. What applications do you have installed on your device? If so properly close out of them by hitting the menu button and selecting close, instead of just hitting the end key. Also I suggest turning down your screen brightness to 10% and the timeout to 10 seconds.
    03-01-09 11:22 AM
    sounds like you have some apps running in the background. be sure to exit apps when your done with them. I.E. web browser, camera, google maps..
    03-01-09 01:51 PM
    I found a lot of battery saving tips on this site that really helped mine...just search and read...you will be glad you did!
    03-01-09 01:54 PM
    i get about 18hrs out of mine with heavy texting
    03-01-09 02:52 PM
    i deleted vvm and vz nav tho
    03-01-09 02:53 PM
    I am a moderate user and my charge lasts about 18 hrs a day with VVM and VZ Nav.
    03-01-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD