So I like listening to music when I take a shower and get ready in the morning in my bathroom. I, like many others, like to take really really hot showers which in turn generate lots of steam. I noticed when I leave my storm on my counter the screen gets very moistery? Not sure if that's the right word for it but you get the idea. I have to wipe it down because the moisture causes it the touch controls to not work. Once wiped down it works fine I just want to be sure I'm not going to cause any damage to my Storm in the long run if I keep doing this. Thanks for any help.
    01-29-09 03:47 PM
    You can do electrical damage. Steam=vaporized water, as I'm sure you know...

So I would suggest you stop or put your phone a zip-loc bag or something...
    01-29-09 03:50 PM
    the correct word would be moist.

p.s. why not just put a little radio in your bathroom rather than f**k up your phone?
    01-29-09 03:57 PM

p.s. why not just put a little radio in your bathroom rather than f**k up your phone?
    Indeed. Not sure why folks want to tempt fate.
    01-29-09 04:07 PM
    I have a Sony shower cd player for that
    01-29-09 04:10 PM
    I feel like you're the kind of customer that comes in with a water damaged phone, but has no clue how it happened. I just can't fathom why you'd think it'd be a good idea to take a hot steamy shower with your phone in the same room. Is this post a joke? You ARE going to ruin your phone. And you will not be given a warranty exchange. I hope you have insurance. Your post makes me facepalm myself until I lose consciousness.
    01-29-09 04:16 PM
    Not only are you risking serious damage to your phone, you're dehydrating yourself in the process.
    That moisture you notice on the screen is called condensation. Eventually it will find its way past a seal and get under your screen, just like dust. You'll then not only have a dust issue, but you'll also have hard water spots that never come off the screen. Oh yeah, and there's also a really good chance that this moisture will also corrode parts inside the phone. Additionally the steam will probably at some point also aid in the release of any screen saver you have, making that screen saver useless and getting water just that much closer to your screen.

And let's not forget that water makes the little sticker on the inside of the phone change color, instantly notifying Techs that your phone came in contact with water, which is of course NOT covered by any warranty

Sorry if I came off as a ****. Just pointing out the obvious
    01-29-09 04:19 PM
    I would keep it out of the bathroom. The moisture can get into the phone and really f it up.
    01-29-09 04:23 PM
    Why would they call something the Storm that wouldn't be waterproof??
    01-29-09 04:30 PM
    Well think of it this way... would u throw ur storm in a bath ur about to get in?? Water V's Electrical equipment = Broken phone dude. Simple as lol
    01-29-09 04:32 PM
    I absolutely love to take really hot showers. However, I don't think that my Storm needs to take one with me. I keep my MP3 player (also not in the bathroom) plugged into my computer speakers and turn them up high enough so that I can enjoy it while I am taking my long hot showers. Maybe you could try that.
    01-29-09 04:43 PM
    Wow. I think you got your answer.. Wonder if your moisture sticker is already ruined... Showing a voided warranty due to the moisture...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 04:58 PM
    i use to use my computer for that and i just covered it with a towel. even a tissue would woek for you because the moisture cannot get past it. still i would not recommend even using it in there and if you do, seal it tight or cover it with something thick
    01-29-09 04:59 PM
    ...i have been using my phone in the bathroom ever since m.moodio.fm was brought to my attention and my water stickers are fine. i love listening to the radio in the bathroom (well when good dj's are on) and i havent had a problem with worrying about getting my phone wet. you should be fine dude...just dont have any rough splashy sex or some whack stuff. rev run used his bb's for many years in the bath...you can do.

god is love.
    01-29-09 05:01 PM
    And let's not forget that water makes the little sticker on the inside of the phone change color, instantly notifying Techs that your phone came in contact with water, which is of course NOT covered by any warranty
    It is covered by insurance though...
    01-29-09 06:15 PM
    I also use my Storm to play music while in the shower, but I keep the window open (even during chilly Canadian winters) and I have a fan blowing at all times to keep steam from building up. Works like a charm.
    01-29-09 06:17 PM
    Hot air rises, put your phone on the floor.
    01-29-09 07:16 PM
    Probably better to use something other than the Storm with that much humidity in the room. But don't listen to the bill****ting know-it-alls who have nothing better to do than rip you a new one.

Last edited by Sharkz; 01-30-09 at 12:38 AM.
    01-30-09 12:35 AM
    take cold shower imo. :] jk
    01-30-09 04:12 AM

VERY GOOD POINT
    01-30-09 05:40 AM
    We have one of these in our bathroom. It's awesome.

01-30-09 05:49 AM
    I�ve had a customer, who had used his Storm for MP3-playing in the rain. Now guess: it�s fu**ed up, and I won�t order a new one. There�s no warranty at all in this case. There�s no Tech needed for seeing the water indicators are red-colored.
    01-30-09 06:51 AM
    I have done this several times no damage to the phone and nondamage to the water sticker. I believe the sticker turns when the phone is submerged in water and not from just moisture. The ziplock bag in my opinion is a great suggestion. Personally I use my storm
    Everywhere even when doing a number 2. It serves so many purposes

01-30-09 08:48 AM
    I recently stayed at a hotel with a jaccuzi in my room. While chilling in the bubbles, I rocked the storm with a washcloth covering it. Sound was loud and clear, and the phone stayed dry.

A fun night indeed

01-30-09 10:12 AM
    Yeah I put it a zip lock bag when watching pron in the bathroom.......oh guess that would be under the catergory of WAY TOO MUCH FRAKIN INFORMATION

01-30-09 10:45 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD