So like many of us Blackberry users out there, I am really curious about the Storm. Is it really as terrible as what everyone is making it out to be?

I currently use a Bold and love it; however I really like the big screen on the Storm. Typing seems to be my biggest concern with the Storm and the general everyday functionality of the device.

Is it that the Storm is such a big change from all other QWERTY Blackberry�s that it�s hard for us to get used to?

05-21-09 10:12 AM
    to me, no it's not bad at all... as a matter of fact i really dig it, a lot. i say try it out for 30 days..
    05-21-09 10:14 AM
    Same for me. There's a learning curve but overall, I'm very satisfied with the Stormster!

PM
    05-21-09 10:17 AM
    I love my storm. The huge screen is a definite plus for me. Makes watching movies awesome! Typing is like second nature for me now. I type just as fast on it as i did when I had a full keyboard, actually I came from an LG ENV with a full keyboard and I think I type faster since it never had the self correction. Now I type sms quickly and wright emails that are super long with no issues. I also like the fact that I have multiple keyboard options to choose from. Since the new leaked OS's have been developing the Storm's soft ware is almost near perfect IMO. I dont have any issues, glitches, random reboots, etc. If your interested I'd say go for it. Good luck.
    05-21-09 10:23 AM
    No, it is not as bad as it has been made out to be.

I have no more problems typing on it than I had with a Treo: The keyboards in both cases are just too small for my fat fingers (which are fat enough for me to have ditched the Mac keyboard for a PC keyboard).

It functions, FOR ME, better than the Treo did: Doesn't crash as often (about one a month as opposed to every day), has all the nice integration that a BB is supposed to have. Others, obviously, have different opinions. It is not perfect, but I did not expect the first generation device to be so. I have not, by the way, ever had a perfect phone - of any make, model, or generation.

My biggest complaint, which I have with all phones, is that the camera sucks - but I'm picky about cameras and don't even think about using it 99.9% of the time.
    05-21-09 10:25 AM
    Ive had mine for 7 months and diggin it more and more. While there is a learning curve once u get used to it its great.. I cant imagine me going back to a smaller screen...
    05-21-09 10:30 AM
    I like it A LOT better than other bbs.

I'm a new bb user, but man trackballs just don't do it for me. And I can fully type more than well enough to not care about a physical keyboard. Clicking screen is a whole new feel to touch interfaces, wouldn't trade it. Would def buy another.

Dont listen to the haters on here (heck, dont listen to me either!)

The only way you'll know if you dig the storm is to try it. So much user error out there it's really hard to tell if the hardware has that much trouble or if the people really just don't realize what they're doing to their phones.

fwiw this is by far my fav phone to date.
    05-21-09 10:34 AM
    So like many of us Blackberry users out there, I am really curious about the Storm. Is it really as terrible as what everyone is making it out to be?

I currently use a Bold and love it; however I really like the big screen on the Storm. Typing seems to be my biggest concern with the Storm and the general everyday functionality of the device.

Is it that the Storm is such a big change from all other QWERTY Blackberry�s that it�s hard for us to get used to?

Can't read crackberry without hearing how some storm owners absolutely hate the thing, with a religious passion. I assume those people are normally not that dissatisfied in general, so it must mean that some people are having really bad experiences with Storms. Some are not. But it would be wise to keep their extreme fury at the device in mind, decide for yourself, so that if you would likley become red faced angry about the phone, then don't get one.

If you do get one, don't assume some mythical OS release will turn the thing into a Pomegranate phone, instead assume it will stay as is forever while you're in the 30 day period to decide whether to keep it or not.

i like mine, but have no basis to compare it to alternatives.
    05-21-09 10:34 AM
    I had 3 Storms and due to constant issues I took them all back and now use a Curve 8330. For me personally I had some trouble getting used to the typing on the Storm but was really getting the hang of it at the end. I know there a lot of people who absolutely love the Storm and have had no problems with it at all. Unfortunately I wasn't one of them. I can tell though, I really do miss the Storm, it was a beautiful device, and when its working the way it should, is amazing. I think you at least owe it to yourself to try the Storm for 30 days, if you don't like it, you can always return it.
    05-21-09 10:36 AM
    I love mine. Its my first experience with a bb and have not had any real issues(except the batter life). I would recomend it to anyone, and will never go back to a cell phone again.
    05-21-09 10:38 AM
    Yeah it is, don't let these folks BS you! Just read the forum below and u will see, most will agree and some just can't come to terms that this phone is not up to par!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/can-t-wait-219898/
    05-21-09 11:16 AM
    Just get one, update to .148 OS, and everything will be A ok
    05-21-09 11:16 AM
    the storm doesnt do anything the bold doesnt do except for type slower and have a bigger screen

the network is my x factor
    05-21-09 11:18 AM
    I like it A LOT better than other bbs.

I'm a new bb user, but man trackballs just don't do it for me. And I can fully type more than well enough to not care about a physical keyboard. Clicking screen is a whole new feel to touch interfaces, wouldn't trade it. Would def buy another.

Dont listen to the haters on here (heck, dont listen to me either!)

The only way you'll know if you dig the storm is to try it. So much user error out there it's really hard to tell if the hardware has that much trouble or if the people really just don't realize what they're doing to their phones.

fwiw this is by far my fav phone to date.
    So you're new to BBs (this is probably your first) yet you're going to say its the best? It is by far the WORST BB of them all. My old Pearl outperformed it easily.

If you want a phone with minimal productivity and mediocre media capabilities, all while having a huge screen that collects dust and wiggles, then the Storm is for you.

The Bold is 100 times better in every aspect than the Storm. Stick with the Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 11:23 AM
    Storm is not as bad as many make it out to be however if you own other BBs you will see the Storm can't hold a candle to the 8900 or 9000. Shame such great potential wasted due to laziness on RIMs part.

EDIT: Basically its like this; New BB owners love the Storm because frankly they haven't used other BBs, others like me who been using nothing but RIM phones for a while see the Storm as mediocre because performance wise its not as reliable as the other BB we have used.
    Last edited by Bajanbastard; 05-21-09 at 11:29 AM.
    05-21-09 11:24 AM
    So you're new to BBs (this is probably your first) yet you're going to say its the best? It is by far the WORST BB of them all. My old Pearl outperformed it easily.

If you want a phone with minimal productivity and mediocre media capabilities, all while having a huge screen that collects dust and wiggles, then the Storm is for you.

The Bold is 100 times better in every aspect than the Storm. Stick with the Bold.
    So just because i'm new to bb's the storm cant be my favourite phone to date? Where did I say it was the best blackberry? how do things look from up there on your high horse?

I can't speak for the bold, but I've TRIED the curve and pearl flip. They were both jokes. The curve feels like a plastic toy and the screen is barely even there. The pearl flip was a little nicer feeling but no real qwerty. They did NOT IN ANY WAY outperform the storm. Trackballs are terrible, don't want them on my phone.

If you enjoy your bold, that's awesome, thanks for comin out. I enjoy my storm. It's awesome, doesnt give me problems.

OP seems to me people either A) expect the bb to be JUST like an old school BB (It's NOT. It's got bb features and media features)

B) expect the phone to be just like the iphone

Yeah it is, don't let these folks BS you! Just read the forum below and u will see, most will agree and some just can't come to terms that this phone is not up to par!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/can-t-wait-219898/
    case in point.

Some kids just want a flashy, smooth phone UI. You will not get that in the storm. It has no hardware graphics acceleration yet.

Some kids dont realize that they're completely useless tits without a full physical keyboard. Just because they can't adapt, they pin the device as flawed. It's DIFFERENT, and people don't want to deal with that. They've used classic BBs for so many years, that they're inept at using anything else. It happens to many devices, not just phones.

Many many users out there including myself love the way the storm screen works. There are flaws for sure, but not nearly to the extent that some make it out to be. (people come BACK to the storm forums after dropping the storm to invade posts like these SIMPLY to voice their personal disdain for the storm, or create 3 or 4 threads a week saying that the storm "sucks" with usernames to match. Something is wrong there)

The haterade flows like water here....which is why I recommend that you try it out personally. To much vested interest one way or the other here. sad times
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-21-09 at 11:41 AM.
    05-21-09 11:30 AM
    storm is awsome ! dont read every BLACKBERRY addicted here that want the storm faster then their computer ! people complain because verizon failed to bring OFFICAL os.. buy one and get .148 leak.. ! this phone is sick and work great
    Last edited by bballzplaya; 05-21-09 at 11:42 AM.
    05-21-09 11:34 AM
    I don't think the Storm is that bad. It's just that it's not up to par with the other BB devices in terms of how finished it was before release.

Plus, IMO, with the other devices, BB vs. iPhone is more of a tradeoff. About the only thing the Storm has over the iPhone is push email and a swappable battery.
    05-21-09 11:37 AM
    So just because i'm new to bb's the storm cant be my favourite phone to date? Where did I say it was the best blackberry? how do things look from up there on your high horse?

I can't speak for the bold, but I've TRIED the curve and pearl flip. They were both jokes. The curve feels like a plastic toy and the screen is barely even there. The pearl flip was a little nicer feeling but no real qwerty. They did NOT IN ANY WAY outperform the storm. Trackballs are terrible, don't want them on my phone.

If you enjoy your bold, that's awesome, thanks for comin out. I enjoy my storm. It's awesome, doesnt give me problems.

OP seems to me people either A) expect the bb to be JUST like an old school BB (It's NOT. It's got bb features and media features)

B) expect the phone to be just like the iphone

case in point.

Some kids just want a flashy, smooth phone UI. You will not get that in the storm. It has no hardware graphics acceleration yet.

Some kids dont realize that they're completely useless tits without a full physical keyboard. Just because they can't adapt, they pin the device as flawed. It's DIFFERENT, and people don't want to deal with that. They've used classic BBs for so many years, that they're inept at using anything else. It happens to many devices, not just phones.

Many many users out there including myself love the way the storm screen works. There are flaws for sure, but not nearly to the extent that some make it out to be. (people come BACK to the storm forums after dropping the storm to invade posts like these SIMPLY to voice their personal disdain for the storm, or create 3 or 4 threads a week saying that the storm "sucks" with usernames to match. Something is wrong there)

The haterade flows like water here....which is why I recommend that you try it out personally. To much vested interest one way or the other here. sad times
    Well said!
    05-21-09 11:43 AM
    Honestly I really like my Storm. I have not had that many problems with it at all. Even with .75 software, the problems were not enough for me to get rid of the phone. The only BIG issue that I think existed with the phone was the camera and its delays. Everything else was a nuisance to me, but believed that the device would be improved with software updates. Which appear to be happening, but at a very slow rate.

As far as comparing it with other BB devices, I would be hard pressed to be able to compare them because all devices are different and different people are going to want different things from it. Some people like trackballs, other people do not. Some people don't like the click screen, other people LOVE it (such as me). So if you like comparing apples and oranges...

-Bob
    05-21-09 11:50 AM
    Go to Verzion's web-site and read reviews on the Storm. I would also suggest Googling for tech reviews frm trusted publications like PCMag.com. The phone has issues as sold by Verzion. They freely admit now. Anyone who says they have NEVER had problems with a Storm is either lying or has their head buried in the sand and ignores them. I'm very suspicious of all the sudden "positive" feedback here.
    05-21-09 12:28 PM
    Go to Verzion's web-site and read reviews on the Storm. I would also suggest Googling for tech reviews frm trusted publications like PCMag.com.
    This is the kind of thing one should do BEFORE buying a new phone...

(Which is, you know, why I got the Bold. Heh heh heh.)
    05-21-09 12:31 PM
    I dont think anyone is saying that the Storm doesnt have any problems. All most people are saying is the Storm isnt as bad as some people appear to be making it. Honestly I dont think I know any cell phone that is perfect. Another BB or any other type of cell phone.

-Bob

Go to Verzion's web-site and read reviews on the Storm. I would also suggest Googling for tech reviews frm trusted publications like PCMag.com. The phone has issues as sold by Verzion. They freely admit now. Anyone who says they have NEVER had problems with a Storm is either lying or has their head buried in the sand and ignores them. I'm very suspicious of all the sudden "positive" feedback here.
    05-21-09 07:05 PM
    Yep I love my storm

05-21-09 07:16 PM
    I also suspect that people ******** about the Storm haven't spent a lot of time with Windows Mobile devices.
    05-21-09 07:18 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD