The Storm is pretty bad, one of the worst gadgets I have ever used.
    It is about as big of a pain in the *** as NT 4.
    05-22-09 11:35 AM
    The Storm is pretty bad, one of the worst gadgets I have ever used.
    It is about as big of a pain in the *** as NT 4.
    everyone has an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...

what our "friend" here is trying to say in so many words is that the device isn't for everyone. some people just have a bad experience and are permaneantly turned off, and in turn spend countless hours bashing a phone they don't even own. it's pretty sad that someone dedicates that much time to something so negative. i couldn't imagine even knowing someone like that in real life. it'd be a total downer
    05-22-09 11:38 AM
    It's a good device with flaws. Some are easy to fix with OS patches while the design fixes are much more involved to get fixed. I'm running .148 on mine and it is the best OS by far for this phone (I don't run hybrids). However, there is so much effing dust under the screen that it is unusable in direct light. When the Tour comes out I will be jumping on one of those. Then I will send away for a new screen for my Storm and keep it as a backup. I find that the novelty of a touch screen has overstayed its welcome and I'm ready to go back to a real QWERTY again.
    05-22-09 11:53 AM
    Storm is not as bad as many make it out to be however if you own other BBs you will see the Storm can't hold a candle to the 8900 or 9000. Shame such great potential wasted due to laziness on RIMs part.

EDIT: Basically its like this; New BB owners love the Storm because frankly they haven't used other BBs, others like me who been using nothing but RIM phones for a while see the Storm as mediocre because performance wise its not as reliable as the other BB we have used.
    WEll this is my first BB and it is more of a rollercoaster ride for me. Somedays I LOVE it and somedays I really hate it. It has helped me out in many instances but in reality everyone has had certain experience with a phone. Im not one of those storm users who swear by their phone im more honest than that. If you try the storm look forward to getting irritated a few time when you text a long message I mean sometimes I wish I could just speak out my while text lol. For the most part Im content with my storm I would love better games that take advantage of the storm's capabilities but dont cost an arm and a leg to get(Seriously $9.99 for any game is too much let alone $2.00 for a game that isnt even compatible with the storm lol) But like many say we all knew what we were getting into when we got the storm so we have nobody to blame but ourselves.
    05-22-09 11:55 AM
    It's a good device with flaws. Some are easy to fix with OS patches while the design fixes are much more involved to get fixed. I'm running .148 on mine and it is the best OS by far for this phone (I don't run hybrids). However, there is so much effing dust under the screen that it is unusable in direct light. When the Tour comes out I will be jumping on one of those. Then I will send away for a new screen for my Storm and keep it as a backup. I find that the novelty of a touch screen has overstayed its welcome and I'm ready to go back to a real QWERTY again.
    patches fix EVERYTHING!!!
    05-22-09 11:55 AM
    everyone has an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...

what our "friend" here is trying to say in so many words is that the device isn't for everyone. some people just have a bad experience and are permaneantly turned off, and in turn spend countless hours bashing a phone they don't even own. it's pretty sad that someone dedicates that much time to something so negative. i couldn't imagine even knowing someone like that in real life. it'd be a total downer
    I tend to call them "Debbie Downers" from that SNL skit from a couple years back. Those people are about as fun as heart attacks. But the skit itself is hilarious.

On topic: I'll admit that I hated this phone from time to time, primarily because of the laggyness factor, and my own personal battle with being insanely impatient, but that was all before the leaked OSes. Since then, I've really liked it quite a bit, and it's probably my favorite phone to date, and I had an 8830 prior to this BB, which I really loved. Once .148 hit the scene, this phone is really pretty incredible. As of right now, my only issue with it is that it can acquire dust under the screen. But beyond that, the phone for me has been solid.
    05-22-09 11:56 AM
    patches fix EVERYTHING!!!

WORD!

(10 char)
    05-22-09 11:56 AM
    I tend to call them "Debbie Downers" from that SNL skit from a couple years back. Those people are about as fun as heart attacks. But the skit itself is hilarious.

On topic: I'll admit that I hated this phone from time to time, primarily because of the laggyness factor, and my own personal battle with being insanely impatient, but that was all before the leaked OSes. Since then, I've really liked it quite a bit, and it's probably my favorite phone to date, and I had an 8830 prior to this BB, which I really loved. Once .148 hit the scene, this phone is really pretty incredible. As of right now, my only issue with it is that it can acquire dust under the screen. But beyond that, the phone for me has been solid.
    good call....
    05-22-09 11:58 AM
    WORD!

(10 char)
    i'm the human personification of duct tape!
    05-22-09 11:59 AM
    I've had it for a few weeks now and am very happy. yeah it took some getting used to, sure it does something weird every now and again, but I like it. I came from sprint with a touch and then a touch pro. I had so many problems with them. The touch pro was actually unusable as it came from the factory-had 3 btw. Maybe it's not the best bb but its worlds above what I came from.
    05-22-09 12:02 PM
    So just because i'm new to bb's the storm cant be my favourite phone to date? Where did I say it was the best blackberry? how do things look from up there on your high horse?

I can't speak for the bold, but I've TRIED the curve and pearl flip. They were both jokes. The curve feels like a plastic toy and the screen is barely even there. The pearl flip was a little nicer feeling but no real qwerty. They did NOT IN ANY WAY outperform the storm. Trackballs are terrible, don't want them on my phone.

If you enjoy your bold, that's awesome, thanks for comin out. I enjoy my storm. It's awesome, doesnt give me problems.

OP seems to me people either A) expect the bb to be JUST like an old school BB (It's NOT. It's got bb features and media features)

B) expect the phone to be just like the iphone

case in point.

Some kids just want a flashy, smooth phone UI. You will not get that in the storm. It has no hardware graphics acceleration yet.

Some kids dont realize that they're completely useless tits without a full physical keyboard. Just because they can't adapt, they pin the device as flawed. It's DIFFERENT, and people don't want to deal with that. They've used classic BBs for so many years, that they're inept at using anything else. It happens to many devices, not just phones.

Many many users out there including myself love the way the storm screen works. There are flaws for sure, but not nearly to the extent that some make it out to be. (people come BACK to the storm forums after dropping the storm to invade posts like these SIMPLY to voice their personal disdain for the storm, or create 3 or 4 threads a week saying that the storm "sucks" with usernames to match. Something is wrong there)

The haterade flows like water here....which is why I recommend that you try it out personally. To much vested interest one way or the other here. sad times
    I'm just gonna say, its up to the individual user. I've had several bb's myself. I love the Storm, the screen the updated OS's My only complaint is that I can't type well in the portrait mode. And that is because I'm lazy and won't take the time to learn. But I'm not gonna diss the phone cuz of my issues.

Try the phone, if you like it great and welcome to the storm family, if you don't, well no biggie you tried it, and it wasn't for you.
    05-22-09 12:04 PM
    very nice phone,just have to get use to it.
    05-22-09 12:18 PM
    So, even though all of the reviews for the Storm have been bad, these forums are filled with complaints, there has not been an official update for 6 months, verizon has rejected all the betas, and the replacement is on its way ASAP, the Storm is a good device LOL
    Riiiiiiiiiiight
    05-22-09 12:22 PM
    So, even though all of the reviews for the Storm have been bad, these forums are filled with complaints, there has not been an official update for 6 months, verizon has rejected all the betas, and the replacement is on its way ASAP, the Storm is a good device LOL
    Riiiiiiiiiiight

Man you are a walking tooth ache.
    05-22-09 12:25 PM
    The storm's not as bad as the idiots make it out to be.
    05-22-09 12:26 PM
    So far I have had mine a week and I like it. The apps for it are good. This is my first blackberry and I really like the big screen. I would recommend getting the insurance plan incase it does decide to not work. Also I like the 8gb San Disk card that is included with it.
    05-22-09 12:28 PM
    The storm is good if your willing to do any of the leaked updates. Even .75 works for some. If you get it and don't do the updates then well all you have to blame is yourself.
    05-22-09 12:33 PM
    The storm is good if your willing to do any of the leaked updates. Even .75 works for some. If you get it and don't do the updates then well all you have to blame is yourself.
    I wonder why Verizon has not approved any the the leaked updates...
    05-22-09 12:38 PM
    I have no idea. .141 and .148 are very good builds. I have had zero problems with either. I wouldnt be surprised to see .148 go official.
    05-22-09 12:46 PM

"service impacting issues"...none of the builds were an improvement over .75 without breaking one or more of the paying services that VZW provides on a blackberry...mms for example, tethering for another, etc.

But so far .148 has little to no negative feedback that I�m hearing about. Doesn�t mean it doesn't exist somewhere, though.

As for your example for the negative reviews...what OS was the device on when they reviewed it? Did they review multiple devices? Storm QC initially was rather horrendous, causing a night and day difference between handsets. were the users giving the device ample time of use to get used to the touch screen (I bet you many weren't, this takes a week for most people to get used to)...anyway, there are too many variables involved. I don't trust reviews. The people reviewing the device or service, speaking generally now, mostly have different expectations, experiences and ideas of things. So their end result could be shades different from mine.

But you�re right, reviews and customer satisfaction ratings are in the toilets. Mostly based on the first month or two of the device. The people who liked the phone then still like it now, the people who didn�t like it then will never change their mind.
    05-22-09 01:01 PM
    If you look at the Storm objectively, it is garbage. A fanboi, Apple hater, AT&T hater because they screwed me on my contract, those people defend the Storm.
    05-22-09 02:03 PM
    If you look at the Storm objectively, it is garbage. A fanboi, Apple hater, AT&T hater because they screwed me on my contract, those people defend the Storm.
    i'm actually quite critical of the storm release, i'll be one of the first to say that VZW screwed the pooch by releasing the phone when they did. i think that we're just starting to see an OS worthy of approval in .148...but i'm critical based on the software. the hardware its self is not garbage. the quality of the hardware (after i got a FRU with proper QC done on it) is quite impressive.

your fanboi/att/apple hater statement is one of the most subjective statements i've ever seen, and you're asking people to look at the storm objectively? c'mon, dude...keep it real.
    05-22-09 02:14 PM
    i'm actually quite critical of the storm release, i'll be one of the first to say that VZW screwed the pooch by releasing the phone when they did. i think that we're just starting to see an OS worthy of approval in .148...but i'm critical based on the software. the hardware its self is not garbage. the quality of the hardware (after i got a FRU with proper QC done on it) is quite impressive.

your fanboi/att/apple hater statement is one of the most subjective statements i've ever seen, and you're asking people to look at the storm objectively? c'mon, dude...keep it real.
    No flawed logic there, the hardware is impressive, even though like most people, I have had one replaced already, some are even on their 5th or 6th. They screwed the pooch by releasing it when they did because of the software, and the software has not been updated in 6 months.
    05-22-09 03:44 PM
    Dude your whole existence is flawed. Look where you are and how many hours of your life you're wasting trying to convince people here that their OPINION is wrong.

You're a freakin champion man, go outside and play
    05-22-09 03:55 PM
    They screwed the pooch by releasing it when they did because of the software, and the software has not been updated in 6 months.
    Well, if they released another flawed build, they'd just be screwing the pooch again.... So why spend millions to screw the pooch a second time, if you can just wait until something acceptable comes along; and finally get it right? It's a matter of economics.
    05-22-09 03:59 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD