As we continue to wait for a Storm release date, price, etc...

I was wondering how well stores will be stocked, warehouses, etc...when it is finally launched? Is this going to add more time that it takes for me to get my hands on one?? Any insiders have a clue as to how well this is being handled? The last thing I want to happen is to be placing my order and find that it is already backordered! I'm thinking of buying mine at a VZW Retail Store just so I don't have to wait for it to ship. However, if stores are only getting 10 per store (which I read in a thread somewhere, prob not true), it may be pretty difficult.

Any insight anyone may have is greatly appreciated....as I am preparing my purchase plan of attack!

BTW, I live in a smaller city so the craze probably won't be as bad as the larger cities. Of course, we may not get as many units either...who knows?
    10-20-08 02:08 PM
    I've been thinking about this as well - not sure what kind of hype there will be here in the Denver-area so I'm undecided on whether or not to just buy online and waiting the extra couple days.

I guess there's an argument - order it online, gauranteed to be at your doorstep within 2 days = less stress of calling/driving around town trying to find a store that has one...

but then, there's the added wait...
    10-20-08 02:12 PM
    I'm thinking of buying mine at a VZW Retail Store just so I don't have to wait for it to ship. However, if stores are only getting 10 per store (which I read in a thread somewhere, prob not true), it may be pretty difficult.
    My rep said that's how many "Voyagers" they had when it was released. They sold those out in 1 hour...
    ...BTW, I live in a smaller city so the craze probably won't be as bad as the larger cities.
    as do I - population about 40,000. However, about 15,000 of those are college students...
    10-20-08 02:15 PM
    as do I - population about 40,000. However, about 15,000 of those are college students... [/QUOTE]

Population is here is a little over 200,000 i think.
    10-20-08 02:20 PM
    So I have a question.

If I were to preorder online, I wouldn't get my phone the same day as I would if I were to go to the store on the release date?
    10-20-08 02:21 PM
    I live in NoVA. I have a feeling I am going to be better off ording mine Online.

I plan on going to the store to pick on up though.
    10-20-08 02:22 PM
    I've been thinking about this as well - not sure what kind of hype there will be here in the Denver-area so I'm undecided on whether or not to just buy online and waiting the extra couple days.

I guess there's an argument - order it online, gauranteed to be at your doorstep within 2 days = less stress of calling/driving around town trying to find a store that has one...

All right MGM I claim the Front Range stores LOL! Santa Fe west to 470 are mine...ALL Mine Muhahahaha
    10-20-08 02:27 PM
    I live in NoVA. I have a feeling I am going to be better off ording mine Online.

I plan on going to the store to pick on up though.

No doubt Votaic, it would take you 2 days just to get from one store to the other during rush hour LOL. Let UPS battle the belt way for you!
    10-20-08 02:29 PM
    assuming online & retail store sales start the same day...i am getting to the store 30-45 minutes before they open.
    10-20-08 02:34 PM
    No doubt Votaic, it would take you 2 days just to get from one store to the other during rush hour LOL. Let UPS battle the belt way for you!
    LOL!

You must know this area.

I think everyone should call VZW today and ask them when it's going to be released - :P
    10-20-08 02:35 PM

So I have a question.

If I were to preorder online, I wouldn't get my phone the same day as I would if I were to go to the store on the release date?
    Usually with Verizon, phones are released online a week before they are available in stores. I ordered my LG Dare online the day it was available and got it the next day. Stores got it 1 week later. If this is the case with the Storm, there will be no added wait if you order it online......you'll actually have it in your hand before any store has it available for sell
    10-20-08 02:48 PM
    Usually with Verizon, phones are released online a week before they are available in stores...
    Rumor has it this is not going to be the case with the storm - same day on-line and retail store release.
    10-20-08 02:56 PM
    Don't you think they'll try to avoid having backorders? I mean, if they cause a shortage, then they're risking those who take advantage of our eagerness and sell it for atrocious amounts on eBay. I know if I was a manufacturer, I wouldn't want to make someone else rich off the popularity of MY product. I know it would made the product look good though, but those effing vultures...
    10-20-08 03:05 PM
    Rumor has it this is not going to be the case with the storm - same day on-line and retail store release.
    this is what i have been hearing as well....but from store reps....who want to earn a commission from selling you the phone.

so....who knows.

what i do know is...i would order one 5 minutes ago if i could!!! i could care less about going into the store!
    10-20-08 03:10 PM
    All right MGM I claim the Front Range stores LOL! Santa Fe west to 470 are mine...ALL Mine Muhahahaha
    ha - fair enough...I'll probably end up ordering online, just to avoid the hassle - if this release is anything like the iPhone an hr before store opening time won't be enough to get one anyway.

I still have an in at Verizon through my Aunt too - not ruling that out as a means of getting mine on time.
    10-20-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD