I have an auxilary port in my car for like ipods and stuff. Will my storm play audio from a phone call through my speakers and work if I try and talk loud enough?
    02-18-09 11:23 PM
    Im thinking no since if you force the sound through the Headset Jack it will also look for the Audio input (Microphone) to come through the headset jack, wich ur setup will not provide. Vice Versa, Enabling the Handset will have the Handsets mic working, but no sound through the Headset jack. probally will require an app to send sound through the headset but receive audio through the built in microphone. My two cents, should actually make sense with any luck
    02-18-09 11:41 PM
    when you send or receive a call just press the speaker button on the phone and it will use the mic on the phone for your voice and the sound will come over the car speakers.
    02-18-09 11:49 PM
    Yes this does work. I discovered it yesterdya when playing a PodTrapper podcast through my car speakers. The phone rang and I answered and could talk through the mic in the handset and hear the caller through the speakers.
    02-18-09 11:49 PM
    So i should just be able to plug it in and turn speakerphone on for the mic to work?
    02-18-09 11:50 PM
    no not speaker phone. You sometimes have to reselect the handset in the full menu, but it works good. Sometimes the caller states they can hear themselves talk though.
    02-22-09 10:41 AM
    people tell me that it's very clear and better than my Motorola bluetooth.
    02-22-09 11:37 AM
    This works great. I have a factory installed BT but prefer the Aux.
    02-22-09 01:15 PM
    Where do you get this cord form?I would love to have one for my car

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:59 PM
    Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc.
    02-22-09 02:03 PM
    Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc.
    Does it go through the micro usb or the 3.5mm jack?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 02:05 PM
    3.5mm on both sides. Should cost you about 5 bucks.
    02-22-09 02:11 PM
    I have a combo CD/tape deck in my Expedition. I bought one of those cheap cassette tape to Aux-IN converters (used to be used for playing CD's in Tape Deck cars) to play music from my LG Chocolate.

I got my Storm a couple of months ago and plugged the adapter into my Storm, and the music sounds excellent!!!!

The first time I was listening to Godsmack, I hear the music stop (same as my chocolate used to do when I got phone calls) I answered the phone and it came up in speaker mode.. REALLY LOUD on the car stereo. I turned the volume down and found that with the phone in Speaker mode, the mic works really well ( I can leave my phone in the console, and only get noise complaints when driving at highway speeds with windows cracked)

I havent had any complaints about people hearing themselves or "echoing"
    ( trust me if there was, the wife would ***** and let me know )

To **** with bluetooth!!! This helps keep my battery life at 1-1/2 to 2 days
    02-22-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD