i got the storm unlocked, i can make/receive calls, text and receive sms messages, BUT i do not have the web or media net browser/email?
    I have a blackberry data plan, my phone says EDGE in caps, but no icon pops up for my web?
    any others, or how can i fix this?
    thanks
    Last edited by thasiccest13; 11-24-08 at 07:18 PM.
    11-24-08 07:15 PM
    hmm.. i would battery pull go into browers options and switch it to IE
    11-24-08 07:19 PM
    well from my understanding the service books control your net and email and they cant be pushed into the storm so you wont beable to use them, but for internet you may beable to use opera mini
    11-24-08 07:24 PM
    i know the mms books wont come.......
    BUT i have read that people are getting emails, and they can get on the web...
    11-24-08 07:38 PM
    I've been working on this ALL FREAKIN DAY
    11-24-08 07:41 PM
    I've been working on this ALL FREAKIN DAY
    its wierd.... some people are saying that emails and web are working, i can not seem to get it working?
    anyone else having this prob, or is it working for others on att?
    11-24-08 07:45 PM
    I have no problem using the web browser on AT&T with the Storm. The only thing I can think is that since I switch back and forth between Verizon and AT&T the Service Books which were originated on Verizon are still available when on AT&T.
    11-24-08 07:55 PM
    so if i put the storm on a active verizon account, and it puts the service books on the phone and then switch the phone back to their origional blackberry the service books will stay and i will be able to get my emails and browse the web?
    11-24-08 08:01 PM
    What I'm finding is it's a service book thing just like the Bold on T-mo. If you cancel the verizon line, you'll loose data/browser.
    11-24-08 08:09 PM
    What I'm finding is it's a service book thing just like the Bold on T-mo. If you cancel the verizon line, you'll loose data/browser.
    then why do some people have the browser while on tmobile? and att? if they are on the tmobile or att network, they are not using the verizon network?
    i dont get it, lol
    11-24-08 08:23 PM
    Well I only know of one person fully using it on T-Mo and we're watching and testing it before posting a how to guide. Everyone else I've seen either has no browser or the Storm is still active w/Verizon unlocked with another provider sim.
    11-24-08 08:40 PM
    Follow the Bold on ATT thread How to. Attached the AT&T Service Books for those on AT&T.

Just rebooted and all is fine. Browser and all. If it matters, I am on a BES. Didn't try it just pushing the service books from BIS.

I did notice that the ONLY browser listed is the Blackberry Browser (BES). Therefore, I doubt that the Internet Browser would push. Definately not the WAP Browser.
    Last edited by jnelson2000; 11-24-08 at 09:30 PM.
    11-24-08 09:18 PM
    thanks, but i cant find the how to install the service books thread?
    11-25-08 11:39 AM
    Follow the Bold on ATT thread How to. Attached the AT&T Service Books for those on AT&T.

Just rebooted and all is fine. Browser and all. If it matters, I am on a BES. Didn't try it just pushing the service books from BIS.

I did notice that the ONLY browser listed is the Blackberry Browser (BES). Therefore, I doubt that the Internet Browser would push. Definately not the WAP Browser.
    I want that background of the screenshot you posted lol... link plz?
    11-25-08 11:49 AM
    ok i loaded the att service books on the phone,
    here are 10 service books that i have.

Provisioning (provisioning)
    IPPP for BIBS (IPPP)
    Wap Push Config (WAPPushConfig)
    Provisioning (OTASL)
    Blackberry Maps - NA (LbsConfig)
    ICQ - BBIM (BBIM)
    AIM - BBIM (BBIM)
    WLM 2.1 (BBIMConfig)
    BBFS2 (BBIMConfig)
    BBSF1 (BBIMConfig)

BUT still no Browser? or Email!
    11-25-08 12:53 PM
    no one else has this?
    11-25-08 01:49 PM
    I am having this problem as well. I am only missing the browser but I have all other data.
    11-25-08 08:34 PM
    I am having this problem as well. I am only missing the browser but I have all other data.

What service books do you have?
    do you have any service books that i dont have?
    11-26-08 12:51 AM
    people! let me try to explain this in the easiest way possible im going to really dumb this down....

Verizon does not use "sim cards" other networks do. So when someone pops a sim in there phone hops on another network it doesn't just erase everything on there phone

Now im not truly a CELL phone network junky so I don't know all the details but with blackberrys for the most part its based on service books... so what im assuming is happening is that the verizon service books stay in tact because there account is active when they hop on another carrier the books don't leave so it works?

man this is tough for me because im so used to having everyone im working with on the same phone company haha
    11-26-08 12:57 AM
    What service books do you have?
    do you have any service books that i dont have?

I've been trying a number of service books with pltaylor in order to determine which would work. So far we have had no luck. I've tried about 10 different service books.
    11-26-08 03:23 AM
    ok i loaded the att service books on the phone,
    here are 10 service books that i have.

Provisioning (provisioning)
    IPPP for BIBS (IPPP)
    Wap Push Config (WAPPushConfig)
    Provisioning (OTASL)
    Blackberry Maps - NA (LbsConfig)
    ICQ - BBIM (BBIM)
    AIM - BBIM (BBIM)
    WLM 2.1 (BBIMConfig)
    BBFS2 (BBIMConfig)
    BBSF1 (BBIMConfig)

BUT still no Browser? or Email!
    HOW DID YOU LOAD THOSE SERVICE BOOKS ON THE PHONE?
    11-29-08 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD