Omg Shut Up About This Car Analogy I See Everyday On This Site ..you Cannont Compare Cars And Cell Phones. It's Like Comparing Apples And Oranges...the Fact Is That Until The Iphone Started Making New Phones Yearly ..you Wouldnt Even Have An Argument..before Then We Wouldnt See Version 2 Of Phones For 2 Years Because Obviously People Usually Sign 2 Year Contracts. We See That Apple Gave Iphone 2g Owners An Upgrade And So Should Rim. The Phone Has Been Updated "offically" ( I Use The Term Officially Very Lightly)..1 Time...back To You Lames Using The Car Analogy..a Car Is Thoroughly Tested Before They Are Released..the Storm Was Not Thoroughly Tested When Released. Most Cars Work The Way They Are Advertised On Release..the Storm Wasnt. Then I Know Someone Is Going To Say Well You Had 30 Days To Take The Phone Back..well That Thing Called An Os Update Was Promised By Verizon To Everyone Who Cared To Called And They Held On To The Phone Because They Saw The Potential. This Phone Did Have Potential But Rim Built It Poorly And Couldn't Unlock It.

So Please Stop With All These Stupid Analogies With Cars...its Bs..rim Should Take Responsibility..

(sorry For Caps)
    05-24-09 06:41 PM
    Yeah, the reps told me when I had bought the phone I'd get an os in a month. False advertising.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 06:49 PM
    You should have your keyboard looked at. There appears to be something wrong with your shift key. It's kind of like when the transmission on a car starts to fail and it always slips out of gear.

05-24-09 07:32 PM
    Lol if the storm was a car it would have a recall notice sent out

05-24-09 07:36 PM
    The amazing part of the car/Storm analogy is...average price for a car is (guessing) $25,000. Average price for a Storm is $200.

People b!tch about the Storm like it put em out $1,000,000 or somthin.

ITS A $200 PHONE.

Damn.

It gets old.

05-24-09 10:46 PM
    The amazing part of the car/Storm analogy is...average price for a car is (guessing) $25,000. Average price for a Storm is $200.

ITS A $200 PHONE.

Damn.

It gets old.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! While $200 isn't exactly a drop in the bucket I too am over the wining about it too!! People forget....uuuuuh the cell phone companies are try to MAKE money not give away the store!!
    05-25-09 01:19 AM
    And I know there are type o's get over that too
    05-25-09 01:19 AM
    $200.00 is a lot of money. Multiply that by, say 1.5 million. That is MAJOR fraud. More than enough for the FCC to be interested. I think one of the funniest thing about this "forum" is how when I first registered, it was ALL about how bad the Storm was and how to correct the problems. now those very people are defending it. How fast will you be to jump on a settlement? Im betting 10 seconds.
    That's why car insurance is so high & why prescrption drugs may never come down in price...we are tooooo greedy & love frivilous law suits
    05-25-09 01:21 AM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! While $200 isn't exactly a drop in the bucket I too am over the wining about it too!! People forget....uuuuuh the cell phone companies are try to MAKE money not give away the store!!

I readily welcome and support honest enterprise. It's the greed you mention below that bothers me. Verizon continues to sell a defective product, at the expense of unsupecting customers. And they are not supporting, they are not even addressing a major problem. Where is my greed? I'm looking at people being duped and it angers me.
    05-25-09 01:35 AM
    I readily welcome and support honest enterprise. It's the greed you mention below that bothers me. Verizon continues to sell a defective product, at the expense of unsupecting customers. And they are not supporting, they are not even addressing a major problem. Where is my greed? I'm looking at people being duped and it angers me.
    How can I put this mildly??? You my dear can return anything within 30 days....why would a company knowingly sell inferior products? Answer...they didn't expect it, the date got pushed back multiple simes.....the first I phone had it's share of issues....they can't just pull all the devices...plus not everyone share the same sentiment...now some devices may truly be defective but not all of them plus there are people that heard of the issues * still bought it..again thirty days
    05-25-09 01:52 AM
    Haha. IO second that. I'm persevering til' improvements come out.
    05-25-09 05:51 AM
    Omg Shut Up About This Car Analogy I See Everyday On This Site ..you Cannont Compare Cars And Cell Phones. It's Like Comparing Apples And Oranges...the Fact Is That Until The Iphone Started Making New Phones Yearly ..you Wouldnt Even Have An Argument..before Then We Wouldnt See Version 2 Of Phones For 2 Years Because Obviously People Usually Sign 2 Year Contracts. We See That Apple Gave Iphone 2g Owners An Upgrade And So Should Rim. The Phone Has Been Updated "offically" ( I Use The Term Officially Very Lightly)..1 Time...back To You Lames Using The Car Analogy..a Car Is Thoroughly Tested Before They Are Released..the Storm Was Not Thoroughly Tested When Released. Most Cars Work The Way They Are Advertised On Release..the Storm Wasnt. Then I Know Someone Is Going To Say Well You Had 30 Days To Take The Phone Back..well That Thing Called An Os Update Was Promised By Verizon To Everyone Who Cared To Called And They Held On To The Phone Because They Saw The Potential. This Phone Did Have Potential But Rim Built It Poorly And Couldn't Unlock It.

So Please Stop With All These Stupid Analogies With Cars...its Bs..rim Should Take Responsibility..

(sorry For Caps)
    Unless the car was a specialty car (i.e. limited production, very high-end sports / luxury, etc.), they will not be tested any differently than what a Storm might get. All the tests are done to just make sure the component "works". As in the radio turns on, the windshield wipers move, etc.. Major testing is done only on the initial test production cars. If each and every car was subjected to those tests, it would cost the manufacturer way more money than necessary. There are plenty of people out there who buy a brand-new car and then bring it back because something wasn't working correctly.

Most car ads just show it driving around a road (on a closed road, mind you) not doing much else other than that. There might be a shot or two of some special features (integrated GPS, HUDs, tracking headlights, etc.). I certainly hope that the car does drive after I start it up! But then my Storm does start up and work as a phone when I turn it on. In my opinion, there was nothing in the Storm's ads that showed false advertising. The only thing that might have been is the screen images, but they had the "Screen Images Simulated" caption, so legally, they're covered.

And just like Verizon's 30 days, you get something similar with a car. It's called a test drive! Some dealers will even let you take the car overnight for you to try everything out!
    05-25-09 09:16 AM
    yes but cars cant get os updates...lmao.these phones can....if they wanted to this phone could have sucked one day and been run like the iphone the next ...thats the point im getting at with this whole "you had 30 days excuse"..
    05-25-09 12:10 PM
    op im glad to know cars are thoroughly tested. i feel better now about my next purchase. as far as RIM not testing it thoroughly I have to disagree. It may have was released sooner than they would have liked, but it wasnt all their decision.
    I guess me an a few others got the only storms that made it thru final testing, b/c i havent any complaints
    05-25-09 12:38 PM
    They are NOT selling a defective product. Mine does everything it was advertised to do and I have yet to encounter a problem. I believe since getting the phone I have had 2 restarts. I had restarts with my Dare, Chocolate 2, and every other cell phone I have owned.

People are not being duped. Its a blackberry with a click screen that makes cell phone calls.

I understand you are frustrated in a sense but anger is no need.
    05-25-09 03:11 PM
    yes but cars cant get os updates...lmao.these phones can....if they wanted to this phone could have sucked one day and been run like the iphone the next ...thats the point im getting at with this whole "you had 30 days excuse"..
    Living in the past are we? Most modern cars do have a kind of OS in them to control everything from braking to fuel injection. The dealer can update them so you get better performance out of the car. Not a drastic improvement but it might solve a certain problem.

Last edited by Zipster; 05-25-09 at 03:36 PM.
    05-25-09 03:32 PM
    FCC...Settlement...Wow!...1st Gen touchscreen device has issues...is this a first?...7 months in we start hearing rumblings of 2nd gen...is this a first?...Infant...toddler...adolescent...its technology people...lets give Jim Balsillie a chance to make good into better...I think they've earned a little faith...and Im a pretty sure if they dont read blogs and forums that its someone on the payroll that does...They know what the issues are...so lets give 'em a shot...Looking forward to gen 2...
    05-25-09 03:44 PM
    I still do NOT see what features on the storm were advertised and not delivered?

Did RIM rush the OS out? sure. It's not a perfect OS by any means. Wasn't properly tailored to the storm's hardware STRENGTHS as well as it could be. If that is unsatisfactory to some, they do not need to use said phone. Plenty of other options
    05-25-09 05:37 PM
    Living in the past are we? Most modern cars do have a kind of OS in them to control everything from braking to fuel injection. The dealer can update them so you get better performance out of the car. Not a drastic improvement but it might solve a certain problem.

WHAT CAR HAS AN OS!!!!!..YOU SOUND LIKE A COMPLETE *****.....SMH..OMG.I DONT BELIEVE YOU TYPED SOMETHING THAT STUPID...YEAH I BET DODGE IS UPDATING MY CHARGER AND CHALLENGER RIGHT NOW...HAHAHA
    05-25-09 05:59 PM
    WHAT CAR HAS AN OS!!!!!..YOU SOUND LIKE A COMPLETE *****.....SMH..OMG.I DONT BELIEVE YOU TYPED SOMETHING THAT STUPID...YEAH I BET DODGE IS UPDATING MY CHARGER AND CHALLENGER RIGHT NOW...HAHAHA
    Actually they do...... ECU. I had my ECU reflashed to raise the rev limiter, change the a/f ratio to give better performance, and change octane due to the amount of parts I built into the car. On the Dyno it raised my HP, and Torque. My car responds different due to the reflash.

So yes, he was correct about something "sort of like an os".
    05-25-09 06:18 PM
    Brockmant and zipster are right.. sorry dude..
    Last edited by txaggie84; 05-25-09 at 06:28 PM.
    05-25-09 06:20 PM
    Brockmant and bravens are right.. sorry dude..
    Wait, how can we both be right? lol.

Do you mean zipster and Brockmant?
    05-25-09 06:25 PM
    lol, yea screwed that up..good for edit
    05-25-09 06:27 PM

ITS A $200 PHONE.

Damn.

It gets old.

i pay 100 dollars a month to use that 200 dollar phone
    05-25-09 06:57 PM
    What Brockmant said. And please don't call me whatever "*****" was. I didn't insult you.

But you wait until gas-powered cars are phased out. Once cars all start using electricity to run them, they'll start having full-blown OSs instead of the relatively simple ECU (thanks Brockmarnt) firmwares.

And yeah, Dodge probably has released an update for your Charger and Challenger. Or you can reflash and tinker your current one for custom values to make the Dodges run better, if you understand the process. Yet another thing that makes the Storm-car analogy valid. The Hybrid OSs are just that, a redo of an OS leaked from RIM that combines the best values of multiple OS builds.

So...what's the next way you think a Storm can't be compared to a car?
    05-25-09 07:19 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD