Ok, so for the past maybe 2 months my Storm1 has had a Serious memory issue!

Device Memory stays at right around 9-8MB & just declines dramatically to zeroMB over a span of maybe 4-5 hours.. After a battery pull it goes right back to 9MB. I've tried deleting more & more apps, but i've deleted maybe 4 of em & haven't shown ANY increase in memory.. I just bought the MemoryBooster app yesterday & while it says I've gained memory after every boost, under Options<Memory it never shows any memory gain.. And I continue to WATCH my memory drop. I'm absolutely clueless as to what the issue is- any help!?! The remaining apps I have are below:

All Default Apps including
    Pandora
    WeatherBug
    YouMail
    AirTrafficControl
    MemoryBooster (newly added)

I've already deleted a good bit of apps & not gained any memory so i'm not deleting anymore.. What could be the problem!?!!
    04-16-10 10:21 AM
    I suggest backing the device up, then doing a security Wipe. Then only restore the Database that you absolutely need, like Messages, Calendar etc. If you can just re sync it from BES or out look or something that might be better. With the # of apps you have starting up at 8-9 mbs is really low. Under 10 mb the Storm starts to have issues because the OS does not have enough swap space to really operate.

When was the last time you wiped the device?

Another way to check were all your Memory is go to Options > Status> BB Menu> Database sizes

It will display the # of items/amount of memory used. So for me my Desktop Calendar says 198/261.3 kb. So I have 198 items taking up 2.6 mb of space.

The wipe will blow all those databases, and then you can reload what you want without having to do a full OS re install. You can go that road as well if you like.
    04-16-10 11:42 AM
    I would actually almost rather jump to the slightly more extreme method here and I'd reload the entire OS. Here are some instructions I wrote up for this process:

How To Reload Your Operating System - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

@ The_Engine... by the way, your calendar is actually 0.2613 MB... 1 MB is 1000KB.
    04-16-10 12:24 PM
    Wonderful, thanks for the info guys! Its been a few months since i've wiped my phone, so i'll try to go thru with trying the reload process.
    04-16-10 03:45 PM
    I would actually almost rather jump to the slightly more extreme method here and I'd reload the entire OS. Here are some instructions I wrote up for this process:

How To Reload Your Operating System - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

@ The_Engine... by the way, your calendar is actually 0.2613 MB... 1 MB is 1000KB.
    I can second that. Was just providing a less invasive alternative. But when in doubt, wipe it out.

And LOL on my **** poor math.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 04:02 PM
    Okay a lil update- I did the Reload operating method & fortunately it was fairly quick! At the same time it went from 8MB to 32MB!! Haven''t had this much memory in months!

On the flip side of things, it seems to still be steadily losing memory.. I'm thinking the JAVA bar on the memorybooster is pointing to where the problem is. I erased Pandora, Weatherbug & AirTrafficControl-- leaving MyVerizon, Youmail & Youtube. So as of now Youmail looks to be the culprit.. But regardless thanks again for all the help! MY STORM REMEMBERS AGAIN!!
    04-16-10 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD