Hello, long time reader first time poster.
    I was wondering if a storm purchased off of amazon would be covered by Verizon if it needed replacing?
    If not, would the insurance I pay an additional monthly charge for cover it if it happened to "break"?
    One more question, has anyone had or will there be any problems having this phone activated with Verizon?
    Last edited by ktm4life; 02-11-09 at 04:51 AM.
    02-11-09 04:48 AM
    I dont think that you could get insurance. You must buy the phone from Verizon. You should read the fine print as most phones bought on Amazon, Best Buy, etc... have a higher e.t.f. around $250.00 per line I believe. Call Verizon and verify before you do anything.
    02-11-09 05:32 AM
    I just did this. It does offer Insurance and it also offers extended warranty. insurance is 1.99 and extended is an additional 5.99 per month. Amazon is serving as an authorized dealer of Verizon. Not a 3rd party dealer.
    02-11-09 08:01 AM
    Thank you for all the info, I will look into it further. I desperately need to upgrade my pearl and would kill for a storm, hahaha. I will probably just terminate the contract and start over, getting the discounted price.
    02-11-09 01:00 PM
    My friend got some phones off amazon through TMo and w/in the first month one of them was having issues. She contacted amazon and they replaced the phone with no hassles. I am guessing the same would hold true through verizon. After the 30 days though I cannot imagine you'd have problems calling verizon's cs reps.
    02-11-09 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD