Being a very active person, also active work, wearing gloves alot during my job and working out...

i often get clammy hands, just general hand sweat while doing the above..

and the screen is basically next to unresponsive when clammy/sweaty

when my hands bone dry the screen is perfect.

Any one else having this problem? Or is worried about the summer?
    01-13-09 09:44 PM
    i cant believe no one else has this problem lol
    01-13-09 10:01 PM
    I don't have this problem.. I am going to admit, and probably get yelled at, but in South Florida, I have gotten outta the pool to answer a text, and my hands haven't been TOTALLY dry, and it works fine...
    01-13-09 10:04 PM
    most blackberry owners, especially on these forums are either white collared desk job junkies or tech geeks who sit in front of there computer all day. I don't think ull find that hardcore gym nut on these forums to share your pain
    01-13-09 10:04 PM
    You will all be blown away when a polished product like Vlingo, or Vlingo itself, comes to Stormsville !
    01-13-09 10:28 PM
    most blackberry owners, especially on these forums are either white collared desk job junkies or tech geeks who sit in front of there computer all day. I don't think ull find that hardcore gym nut on these forums to share your pain
    I agree.

On the other hand after a few hours at the gym or so I don't have a problem navigating through things.

I only seem to have problems when I am in Tahoe snowboarding. I don't know if it is just because my hands are cold but the screen doesn't seem to want to work. Also the phone seems slower in the cold as well, ie, screen transitions and pretty much everything else.
    01-13-09 10:35 PM
    It doesn't really effect me. And I'm pretty active. Big in sports, I work out, etc, and when my hands are sweaty it doesn't really do much to make the phone unresponsive.
    01-13-09 10:37 PM
    Being a very active person, also active work, wearing gloves alot during my job and working out...

i often get clammy hands, just general hand sweat while doing the above..

and the screen is basically next to unresponsive when clammy/sweaty

when my hands bone dry the screen is perfect.

Any one else having this problem? Or is worried about the summer?

It happens to me. I have to wipe my hands down.
    01-13-09 10:46 PM
    I work with steam and water alot and haven't noticed the problem. However, when I play brickbreaker, I notice the problem around level 15 or so. Sweat might be my problem. Thanks for the info!
    01-13-09 10:58 PM
    I work with steam and water alot and haven't noticed the problem. However, when I play brickbreaker, I notice the problem around level 15 or so. Sweat might be my problem. Thanks for the info!
    level 15, darn I haven't gotten that far yet. Time to hit the bricks
    01-13-09 11:01 PM
    It happens to me. I have to wipe my hands down.
    You sell cars online and interact with customers!

I however, admit that I have sweaty hands in general whether it be doing something or just for no apparent reason. I have no problem typing on the Storm.
    01-14-09 08:07 AM
    Search for my post on the screen protector I got from the Apple store. I haven't posted 10 times, so I can't provide a link. The matte finish on the protector improves screen response, and sweaty/clammy hands won't be a problem once it's installed.
    01-14-09 08:27 AM
    Search for my post on the screen protector I got from the Apple store. I haven't posted 10 times, so I can't provide a link. The matte finish on the protector improves screen response, and sweaty/clammy hands won't be a problem once it's installed.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/scr...-store-135215/
    01-14-09 09:11 AM
    I bought my phone three months back, but due to long hour usage, it was full of sweat ( although most of my old nokia and blackberry phones were) but this bold phone is very sensitive to any water, and it started acting strangely. The BB customer service says they cannot do anything abt it and say i have dropped the phone in water.
    09-18-09 08:03 AM
    I bought my phone three months back, but due to long hour usage, it was full of sweat ( although most of my old nokia and blackberry phones were) but this bold phone is very sensitive to any water, and it started acting strangely. The BB customer service says they cannot do anything abt it and say i have dropped the phone in water.
    This is a 9 month old thread about the STORM....

That being said, you should have put insurance on your phone.... Did you call RIM or your carrier?
    09-18-09 08:13 AM
    Thinking of a phone "filled" with sweat..... Pretty Gross.
    Pray you got insurance.
    09-18-09 08:15 AM
    This happens to me after I have hot and steamy sex for 18 hours straight with my girlfriend.
    09-18-09 08:36 AM
    This happens to me after I have hot and steamy sex for 18 hours straight with my girlfriend.
    Yeah all that lube just doesn't want to cooperate
    09-18-09 09:34 AM
    I work on cars a lot and with dirty fingers and what not, I can use the phone without problems. I DID notice the other morning when I got up, the screen was not responsive to my hands. However, I had fallen asleep in a way that made my arms "fall asleep", so any touch of the phone was lacking some serious blood flow and I chalked it up to that. Once I got up and the blood was flowing, everything was fine.
    09-18-09 10:03 AM
    Dude I agree it happens to me when I leave la fitness. It happens to me everytime I step outside of my house in the morning and at night. The issue IS threre its any type of moistuRe in the air and on hands. It blows hardcore but hopefully odin fixes that. Trust me your not alone.
    09-18-09 10:08 AM
    I work on cars a lot and with dirty fingers and what not, I can use the phone without problems. I DID notice the other morning when I got up, the screen was not responsive to my hands. However, I had fallen asleep in a way that made my arms "fall asleep", so any touch of the phone was lacking some serious blood flow and I chalked it up to that. Once I got up and the blood was flowing, everything was fine.
    Did you sleep with any windows that night? Not sure if it was blood flow. Happened to me this morning I think its temperature.
    09-18-09 10:10 AM
    Did you sleep with any windows that night? Not sure if it was blood flow. Happened to me this morning I think its temperature.
    HEY MAN, I'M MARRIED. I DON'T SLEEP AROUND ON MY WIFE WITH WINDOWS. What are ya, some kind of sicko?!

No, I have poor circulation to the point I can't even sleep with my left arm elevated more than perpendicular to my body, as I'm lay down. I can sleep with it straight down or crooked some, but if I rest my arm so it lays perpendicular to my body, it will go numb. Also, I can sleep on my right side and not have my right arm go to sleep, but if I sleep on my left, my left arm will go to sleep.
    09-18-09 10:15 AM
    I have that same problem. I'm a desk jockey, but I keep my storm with me at all times. When taking a break from mowing the lawn or having heating text conversations with the wife, my hands become sweaty and hot! Once that happens, I press the A button but the G button highlights in the blue. So, I have to cool off my hands and dry them before I can put together a decent sentence. This is in landscape mode. I have not tried the other way.
    09-18-09 10:21 AM
    Whats a desk jockey?
    09-18-09 10:23 AM
    Whats a desk jockey?
    Old sport where they would race furniture, but it's a dying breed.
    09-18-09 10:25 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD