Is it possible to unlock the storm to work on the alltel network? If so would all capabilities be enabled such as (internet,email,messaging,gps etc)
    11-28-08 01:29 PM
    No. Alltell is CDMA and does not use SIM cards.

VZW bought Alltel so just hold off or switch to VZW now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 01:30 PM
    Yeap Alltell got bought out, by VZW.
    11-28-08 01:47 PM
    The storm is cdma with gsm roaming capabilities. It might be a ***** to do but it may be possible.
    11-28-08 02:23 PM
    The storm is cdma with gsm roaming capabilities. It might be a ***** to do but it may be possible.
    however Alltel does not have a SIM card (since they are CDMA) to put into an unlocked Storm. AFAIK Alltel will not activate it either regardless of it being CDMA as well.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-28-08 at 09:03 PM.
    11-28-08 02:29 PM
    I bought a Storm and I have my phone working on the Alltel network, the only problem I am having is it is not staying in 3G when using the browser but the browser does work , everything else works fine! Phone, SMS,MMS,and BIS! If anyone knows how to get my 3G to workk all the time it would be GREAT!! Oh Visual Voicemail does not work or VZ Navigator, but google maps uses GPS just fine!!
    11-28-08 02:53 PM
    Really? How did you get that done? i didn't think Alltel activated non Alltel phones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 08:59 PM
    There is a thread for this already, search "storm working on alltel" its your first result. It's posted by jmotl. I'll be using his tutorial as soon as my storm gets here!
    01-25-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD