Does anybody know 3rd party application to sync corporate emails? My company does not have BES and I want this phone.
    10-09-08 11:10 PM
    does your company already support exchange active sync?
    10-09-08 11:22 PM
    Yes, i am running active sync on my Moto Q through exchange sever
    10-09-08 11:29 PM
    If your company support OWA (Outlook Web Access) you can get your email through BIS, though limited to no past emails and no subfolders of mailbox. You also won't be able to wirelessly sync your Calendar and Contacts, but can do so with a USB cable and Desktop Manager on a daily basis if you wish or whenever something changes and needs syncing.
    10-09-08 11:37 PM
    Yes i can do that but that's my last resort.

Has anyone tried this ...

www. astrasync. com

I dont mind paying $10 extra per month
    10-09-08 11:48 PM
    Yes i can do that but that's my last resort.

Has anyone tried this ...

www. astrasync. com

I dont mind paying $10 extra per month
    havent tried it, but it's the best looking solution i have seen to date
    10-09-08 11:55 PM
    Found another service.

www. thinkpost. net
    10-10-08 03:12 PM
    I think you'll find that a lot of these places are all constituted to be what we've all called "Hosted BES Services" in the past. Some may do it differently then others, but it's pretty much the same "pay for" 3rd party service.
    10-10-08 03:34 PM
    I'll pay extra $10 for hosted service and I'll save in not paying for BES plan for BB. I just have to buy BIS plan which saves $15 month. In the end it works out fine
    10-10-08 04:30 PM
    sorry if this is somewhat redundant, but from reading this thread am I correct in assuming that the Storm will allow syncing with Microsoft outlook (calendar and contacts) by using BB desktop Manager for a non BES (ie BIS) customer.

Thanks and sorry if redundant.
    10-10-08 10:17 PM
    yes, you can sync the storm with outlook via a usb cable. it will not be wirelessly.
    10-10-08 11:32 PM
    I have been checking this out as well. I also am a moto Q user waiting for the storm. My company also uses MS exchange without BES.

Check the astrasync website out. It seems like there are many different licensing issues they have with BB which takes away from the whole BB experience from what I have been reading about BB.

I have been checking out thinkpost.net, it seems like they can sync calendar, tasks and contacts over the air for blackberry users.
    11-12-08 10:02 PM
    Screw astrasync. Yeah its an "OK" program but the bottom line is its $49 per year. F'K that. Why would i want to pay basically for a new phone every year. Why can't people make $h1t one time payment. Pisses me off man.
    01-29-09 04:42 PM
    U tell 'em TKaplan -
    01-29-09 04:45 PM
    Screw astrasync. Yeah its an "OK" program but the bottom line is its $49 per year. F'K that. Why would i want to pay basically for a new phone every year. Why can't people make $h1t one time payment. Pisses me off man.
    Wow, you sound, I don't know, angry.

Each person uses their device in a different way. Depending on how you use it should determine whether or not you should purchase the 3rd party application.
    01-29-09 04:49 PM
    Ok, so I have a Storm 9530 running the .99 OS and am using DM 4.7. My company has an Exchange 2007 Server and my laptop has Outlook 2007 loaded (and it runs in cached mode). I am already receiving my work emails via BIS/OWA, but I cannot get my calendar to come down via DM w/USB cable connection (I know that w/o BES I cannot do calendar & contacts OTA). Am I missing something here? I have tried every combination of Sync settings in DM and nothing happens. I can Sync my contacts from my home Outlook 2003 via USB to the phone but not my calendar from Work. I have tried it both connected and disconnected from the Exchange Server. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    02-12-09 11:00 AM
    I just want to chime in on the Astrsync. I currently use this product on my Storm. I started using the e-mail, calendar and contacts sync function. It will not sync notes or tasks. The calendar and contact sync works perfectly. Does a sync every 30 minutes. The e-mail sync runs every 5 minutes. It works fine. But, it will not put your e-mails into the BB messages folder. It creates a new folder and just makes a long list of your e-mails. It doesn't have any division of dates and days. Just one long list. It is hard to scroll through e-mails. The worst thing about the e-mail function of Astrasync is that it will not support HTML format. Only Text. So, if you get e-mails with photos or hyperlnks it will not allow you to use or see them. I ended up turning off the e-mail sync and only using the calendar and contacts sync. Then I reinstalled my e-mail on my phone as a POP3 account. I end up with duplicate e-mails at work and on my phone but I just delete them later. It works ok. I haven't found a better wireless sync option yet. Unless you can afford BES. Good Luck!
    02-12-09 01:07 PM
    Ok, so I have a Storm 9530 running the .99 OS and am using DM 4.7. My company has an Exchange 2007 Server and my laptop has Outlook 2007 loaded (and it runs in cached mode). I am already receiving my work emails via BIS/OWA, but I cannot get my calendar to come down via DM w/USB cable connection (I know that w/o BES I cannot do calendar & contacts OTA). Am I missing something here? I have tried every combination of Sync settings in DM and nothing happens. I can Sync my contacts from my home Outlook 2003 via USB to the phone but not my calendar from Work. I have tried it both connected and disconnected from the Exchange Server. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    I think I answered my question and started a new thread here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...r-sync-158588/
    02-12-09 06:35 PM
    Does anyone know if the company that makes Astrasync has a relationship with RIM? I know there's another company, Notify, that replaces the BES, but I was under the impression that RIM won't let other companies do mail- they keep that for themselves.
    02-17-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD