Rough,..just slipped out of my hand today. My question is,..does anybody know what the visual difference is between a cracked glass digitizer touch screen versus a cracked LCD display screen?

Cheers.
    04-21-10 10:14 PM
    You will see it. Lcd broken will have dark areas where it is cracked. If your screen still looks fine and just the glass over it looks broken then its the glass
    04-21-10 10:34 PM
    Sorry to hear about your screen
    04-21-10 10:56 PM
    LCD will show much more distinctively. Trust me, you'd know if that were the case.
    04-21-10 11:03 PM
    Thanks friends,..from the looks of this it appears that just the touch screen has been damaged. A 30+ dollar versus a 100+ dollar repair,..I was trying to understand which spot to hop to next,..so this helped. Off to purchase a glass digitizer touch screen. I'll keep the thread updated on my journey.

Cheers!
    04-22-10 09:38 AM
    any update on how the replacement went?
    05-12-10 09:10 AM
    I've been looking for a replacement for a Storm 2 too for a while. U have to keep in mind that there are 2 different versions of it before u order.
    05-12-10 01:46 PM
    How do you know which version to order? All I know is I ordered the wrong one and every one I find online for sale says 002/111 version only. I have it in the phone now and it works but it doesn't snap in correctly to the frame. Is there anywhere to get the other version??????
    05-12-10 07:50 PM
    I dropped my phone also and ordered a replacement digitizer from ebay for $30.If you take your time and follow the directions, it is not really that bad of a job. I found some Scotch double sided tape at AC Moore that is real thin and very sticky and it worked perfectly. The first time I put it back together, the click screen did not work that good so I took it apart and put it back together. I must say, I think it works better now than before I cracked the old screen.
    05-18-10 02:28 AM
    awesome thanks for the info. couple of questions....

did you take off the metal piece at the bottom (the one shaped like this |) ?) to get the new ribbon in safely?

where did you apply the double sided tape?

any other helpful hints? I'll be doing this soon!
    05-19-10 10:57 AM
    awesome thanks for the info. couple of questions....

did you take off the metal piece at the bottom (the one shaped like this |) ?) to get the new ribbon in safely?

where did you apply the double sided tape?

any other helpful hints? I'll be doing this soon!
    This is the tutorial I followed:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/in...itizer-401265/

The metal piece on the bottom that you asked about does have to come out to get the ribbon cable through.As far as where I put the double sided tape, I put it along the metal edge right next to the LCD. I used a sharp razor knife to trim off the excess along the outer edges because my tape was wider than the edge.I put a much bigger piece down at the bottom where the buttons would be.If I can help you with anything else, let me know.
    05-19-10 05:47 PM
    How is that metal piece that needs to be removed attached and does it easyily go back on? I'm sure it would be easy to figure out if I saw it but I haven't cracked my phone open yet.
    05-19-10 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD