Hi. I have a vzw storrm 9530 with OS 5.0.328. Is there a safe update or should I wait for Verizon to release one. A link would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 06:45 PM
    well let me the first to welcome u to the crackberry nation.
    second there are many different threads about the subject that you are asking about. there leaks for the storm but to install them u will need a computer. There are two main leaks that have came out for the storm .419 or .591. Other then that the only advice is search each of the os thread and u will have to decide which os will work the best for you. And after ur comfortable with the installing a os then u may decide to dive into the world of hybrid, but that is a couple steps into the future good luck and there is always someone to help
    07-06-10 07:31 PM
    Thank you for the help. Installed .419 and the hybrid. Memory went from 15mb to 15mb. Internet seems slower. Will run it a few days to see if I should downgrade. Any other suggestions appreciated. Thanx

07-07-10 07:39 AM
    Make sure that u do a couple of battery pull to make sure that the hybrid settle in ok . How many apps r u running 15mb seams to be low i start out around 35-30mb. Whos hybrid did u end up going with?
    07-07-10 08:41 AM
    Hi. I used Lyricidal748 hybrid. All my Apps are closed. I just surfed crackberry for an hour and two 30 second phone calls, drained the battery 80%. I have about 23mb on memory.
    07-07-10 08:39 PM
    Lyricidal 758/419 hybrid is the best I've used yet.

07-08-10 11:27 AM
    Lyricidal 758/419 hybrid is the best I've used yet.

I installed 758 hybrid last night. Boot up with 26mb. Internet is slower but ok when I use opera.

07-09-10 07:22 AM
    was it .758 0r .758v2 from what i heard that the v2 is more stable i just installed it last night so i cant say either way yet, but i did boot up a couple mb higher but i dropped a few app will let u know if it is worth the up grade i would wait intill middle of next week there is a new one coming out have a good weekend peace
    07-09-10 07:36 AM
    Depending on your setup, a "plain" .419 might be better. I have the .419/.748 hybrid and I got +10MB and better signal strength (~5db), but worse battery while talking. I assume the hybrid uses a radio file that increases the output/boosts reception which hits the battery life.

I had tried the Telus .419 leak before going hybrid and it seemed solid and resolved some irritating .328 issues. I'm going to upgrade my wife to the plain .419 to compare battery life.

.591 and the /.748 hybrid is known to have "the best" signal strength, but is a definite battery killer.

As an answer to the OP's original question, you can find the various "official" RIM leaks at:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

I have tried the MTS and Telus .419 leaks and liked the Telus best. Remember to load the .419 "official" first before loading the hybrid. I would run the plain .419 for awhile before going to the hybrid. Frankly, I'm not sure I know what I gained by going hybrid. I'll be able to tell more once I get my wife's phone upgraded to .419 plain.

Also, I did not have much luck loading the hybrid when I tried to shrink it, so I would avoid that initially.

Anyway, YMMV...

Scott
    07-09-10 09:28 AM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.comS

I have three days without charging battery.

07-12-10 02:27 PM
    Definitely better than I get! WISH I had that good a battery life.

Scott
    07-12-10 02:40 PM
    I'm a newbie to the hybrid world....I wanna know if the hybrid will allow my phone to work on Verizon in the US if I install the Telus .419/.748 hybrid...thx in advance
    07-16-10 06:12 PM
    I'm a newbie to the hybrid world....I wanna know if the hybrid will allow my phone to work on Verizon in the US if I install the Telus .419/.748 hybrid...thx in advance
    Hybrid has nothing to do with it. Search the forums here for the info you seek. Basically you can take any OS (official or not), install the .exe to your computer (I use a computer WITHOUT desktop manager as it will block you, see Civic's stickied post) delete the vendor.xml file, and run the apploader.exe program.

Any OS will run on the phone it is designed for, HOWEVER certain service books do or don't support certain things (I ran a 5.0 leak months before it came out here and I had no browser as the service books didn't support it).

Worst case scenario, it will NOT damage your phone, and you can always just go back to whatever OS you were running before (do a full back up of your phone on Desktop manager before you start playing... just in case

Search the forums, all the answers you seek are already here grasshopper.
    07-16-10 09:57 PM
    Thanks Mechanic Joe....appreciated.
    07-17-10 05:49 PM
    Hmm, strange, I have not witnessed any of these problems on my Incredible. Oh Yea, I don't need to use hybrids and leaks anymore because I have a good phone :P
    07-17-10 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD