Hey guys

So I have had my Storm 1 since Sept 09 (about 10-11 months) and recently the screen has been giving me issues. Probably about once an hour it will stop workking, I will press in one area and it will highlight somewhere else on the phone and then I can't even click or scroll anything. I am forced to pull my battery each time and it is getting frustrating.

Basically my question is this. I have heard horror stories about people dealing with verizon and warranty phones. What will they tell me/do if I go into the store and tell them my issue? Is it a lost cause or is it worth it?

If someone has dealt with this it would be nice to know.

Thanks a lot!
    07-21-10 08:13 AM
    You have a 1 year warranty, assuming you bought it new. I would call CS, they may have you bring it in to a store, but I find I get better results calling CS first. They may even help you right over the phone and send you a replacement overnight.
    07-21-10 08:19 AM
    Get a new one from them........FAST!
    07-21-10 09:16 AM
    You have a 1 year warranty, assuming you bought it new. I would call CS, they may have you bring it in to a store, but I find I get better results calling CS first. They may even help you right over the phone and send you a replacement overnight.
    They will send me a Storm replacement? I have heard that most of those have been even worse than the originals? Would they offer a discounted upgrade to say a 9650 by any chance?

Also, would the warranty carry a deductible? Or is it free since it's a hardware issue?

Thanks for the info
    07-21-10 09:37 AM
    There should be no deductible in warranty. If you carry the extended warranty, you will pay a deductible after the manufacturers warranty. Get it done FAST while it's still under manufacturers warranty.

I get absolutley the BEST service at my local verizon store. It is a full service store with a service department.

You can probably get an early UPGRADE, but you will still have to pay for the upgrade phone.
    07-21-10 09:58 AM
    Thanks for the input

A replacement phone would = new PIN right? Kind of a pain
    07-21-10 10:13 AM
    Thanks for the input

A replacement phone would = new PIN right? Kind of a pain
    Desktop Manager has a device switch tool which should make the changes to contacts if you are using BBM.

The other PIN issue is software licenses, which suggests you may have a lot of apps installed. Consider software conflict or lack of memory as possible causes for your screen problems before you exchange.
    07-21-10 10:48 AM
    First they tried to tighten the screws underneath the screen. When that didn't work they replaced it.

Now it's happening again, and I wonder if I'm still under warranty? This phone is technically under 12 months but I have owned a 9530 for over a year...
    07-21-10 10:54 AM
    Desktop Manager has a device switch tool which should make the changes to contacts if you are using BBM.

The other PIN issue is software licenses, which suggests you may have a lot of apps installed. Consider software conflict or lack of memory as possible causes for your screen problems before you exchange.
    Ya, it's definitely neither of those I have over 40 MB of memory and I only have like 3 3rd party apps. I guess a switch wouldn't be too painful then...
    07-21-10 11:04 AM
    They will send me a Storm replacement? I have heard that most of those have been even worse than the originals? Would they offer a discounted upgrade to say a 9650 by any chance?

Also, would the warranty carry a deductible? Or is it free since it's a hardware issue?

Thanks for the info
    Refurbs are just as likely to fail as brand new devices. I doubt you'll get a Bold 9650, you may be eligible for an annual upgrade if your contract has the provision. No deductible warranty. Yes, new device = new PIN.

First they tried to tighten the screws underneath the screen. When that didn't work they replaced it.

Now it's happening again, and I wonder if I'm still under warranty? This phone is technically under 12 months but I have owned a 9530 for over a year...
    Your replacement has a 3 month warranty.
    07-21-10 11:06 AM

Unfortunately you're stuck with the one you have now. The one year warranty is from the date of original delivery of the first phone, not any replacements.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 11:26 AM
    Interesting to me how many threads pop up asking what the provider will do if... (insert problem here). I find it easier to call them direct rather than to go to a forum, type, wait for a reply and then wonder if it's accurate.

Not being critical, just find it curious...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD