I just got my storm in, and Im NOT SURE if it's a "Screen Click" problem, or something different, since I haven't found someone call it anything but that. (Lacking a description of the specifics regarding the issue.)

Basically everything is great, with the exception of the upper portion of the screen. Right at the very corners beneath the Blackberry logo - my issue with this is whenever in landscape, I attempt to press Q-A-Numerics - It will highlight and press W-S-Z, their adjacent keys.

UPDATE:
    Screen ALSO sticks down, and will not release, you have to jingle it, upon jingling you can here something shifting about.

Isn't ANYONE familiar with this issue?
    19 views and nothing?
    Last edited by Ishbar; 05-28-09 at 02:12 PM.
    05-28-09 01:38 PM
    You can probably fix those issues with the torx screw (http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/sc...rx-fix-109036/ and http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/i-j...-storm-208332/) modifications to where it's perfect, but if you bought it at a local store, I'd take it back in and see what they say about it.

Grey
    05-28-09 03:11 PM
    Don't fix it if you just got it, take it back and they should give you a new one. Did they take it out of the box and set up your email when you got it? Was this a isuse then?
    05-28-09 03:17 PM
    Sounds like you have a Storm with the screen click issue. You should be able to get a warranty replacement.
    05-28-09 03:19 PM
    I got it off of Ebay, they have a return policy.
    I think the screen click issue is the screen not clicking in the right spot.

But this seems like its a hardware/software defect.
    I mean, think about it, It wont highlight the affected areas keys PERIOD. Not even a matter of it not being able to click them, I cannot select them what-so-ever.
    05-28-09 08:57 PM
    I got it off of Ebay, they have a return policy.
    I think the screen click issue is the screen not clicking in the right spot.

But this seems like its a hardware/software defect.
    I mean, think about it, It wont highlight the affected areas keys PERIOD. Not even a matter of it not being able to click them, I cannot select them what-so-ever.
    You Might try the DIME TRICK. Just do a search Using that term. Other than that, if that doesn't work, definitely return it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:04 PM
    I did the dime trick, it is not a click problem.
    When you put your finger over any key, it will highlight because it recognizes that your finger is there.

When you do this on the storm I have, it will NOT highlight whatever key is located 1/4 of an inch down from the top.
    05-28-09 11:06 PM
    I did the dime trick, it is not a click problem.
    When you put your finger over any key, it will highlight because it recognizes that your finger is there.

When you do this on the storm I have, it will NOT highlight whatever key is located 1/4 of an inch down from the top.
    NEXT STOP ......Tooooooooooot, Toooooooot....USPS...send that puppy back. Try another one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:49 PM
    Yeah, I sent it back about an hour ago.
    Of course it's out of my pocket.

I'm just getting a refund.
    I found out that my bank got overdrawn the other day and now I'm negative 400.
    05-29-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD