[To be clear, this is about the .109 OS]

I bought a Storm a few weeks ago on my US Verizon account. I however live in the UK, so my main value is to use the GlobalEmail plan and to take advantage of the data roaming globally without hassles. I travel primarly across Europe and also in Russia, India and China fairly frequently.

My initial thoughts -

3G is very bad using the .90 radio. I made the hybrid 1.09/1.03/.90 package and was sorely disappointed. The service would frequently just die (not connect to anywhere) and I had to pull the battery. About 25% of the time I'd have to pull the battery twice in a row due to complete loss of connectivity.

1.09 is somewhat more stable, but still resets itself once or twice a day at least.

3G performance is good when I'm able to connect. Compared to my Bold, it seems just a hair slower but it's hard to tell without any other measurement.

GPS works fine (better than the Bold in fact) but usually doesn't take advantage of the cell ID data I normally get on the Bold.

For some reason, the network provider line always says "Vodafone UK - Vodafone.nl" when I'm in the UK. There's no reason for this and my Bold only says Vodafone UK normally. Not sure where the Netherlands tag is coming from.

Roaming works smooth so far. I used it so far in Paris, Barcelona, Amsterdam and will be trying it in India next week. I'm pleased with the calling plan rates.

Overall, I'm pretty happy and looking forward to newer firmware versions.

Anyone else using their 9530 outside US/Canada? Experiences???
    Last edited by bobsteel; 03-10-09 at 01:06 PM.
    03-10-09 01:03 PM
    I too am on .109 and like it the best. You may have a battery/hardware issue or a 3rd party app problem as I don't experience any random resets or locking up.
    03-10-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD