For the past few weeks, my Storm keeps freezing up, requiring battery pulls more than once a day. Operating system is 5.0.0.328. Third party applications include: Viigo, Opera Mini, Sirius/XM Premium Online, Poynt, Where, Facebook, Pandora, Nobex Radio, App Store and Google Maps. Does anyone else have a problem like this? Are any of those third party applications known to cause this issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    05-03-10 09:53 PM
    What kind of theme are you running?
    05-03-10 10:12 PM
    mine has been acting up real bad recently. i called VZ & they said to remove the Poynt app...says it's a memory hog. i'm dealing with it for now since i use Poynt everyday. check how much memory you have left. sounds like you're running a lot of apps. make sure they're totally closed out when you're not using them too.
    05-04-10 11:54 AM
    I would check into Poynt, Viigo, and Nobex; those seem to not run as well as they should and may be a background problem too. For what it's worth I have Slacker Radio, Amazon.com, Edocrab, App world, aim/facebook/twitter, opera mini, MyVerizon (which is a memory hog), google maps/mail/sync, and weatherbug (plus all the base BB apps). I may just be lucky, but I rarely have slowdowns and never have to pull the battery.
    05-04-10 11:59 AM
    Get .591 or hybrid, shrink it, and you'll have more memory than you know what to do with..well not really but your phone shouldn't freeze up anymore and an overall better experience.

I'm running lyricidals 643 hybrid over 591 shrunken have 13apps including most of the ones you have and boot at 34mb and never goes below 25mb, never freezes or lags either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 12:17 PM
    Oh yea and I have poynt and it doesn't effect my memory so I don't know about verizons claim.

05-04-10 12:19 PM
    I new to trying to control my storm better...what does shrink it mean...I pull my battery twice aday(at least)...when I look at my memory it says total space 879.2...free 846.4...application mem free is 12.6..what am I doing wrong...I run fb weather bug, app world and cb app store, where...just deleted my verizon
    05-04-10 12:42 PM
    I new to trying to control my storm better...what does shrink it mean...I pull my battery twice aday(at least)...when I look at my memory it says total space 879.2...free 846.4...application mem free is 12.6..what am I doing wrong...I run fb weather bug, app world and cb app store, where...just deleted my verizon
    Shrinking it deletes all the stuff built in with the Os that you don't want, lyricidal made a program that does it.

Search the forums for a how to load an os and shrinking an Os

05-04-10 02:58 PM
    What kind of theme are you running?
    I am not running any special themes, just the basic one that comes standard with the Storm.
    05-07-10 07:19 PM
    ... my Storm keeps freezing up, requiring battery pulls more than once a day.
    That is why there is a removable battery

Try deleting your applications one at a time - or a bunch of them if you rarely use them. And maybe by a process of elimination you will find the one that is causing the problems.

Also make sure you always close and application... while the STORM can multitask, it does not really do it very well. Really wish that Switch Application only showed application that were running!

Using Shrink-A-OS on the installation file installed on your computer and reinstalling it will free up application memory.

Stay away from anything but the default THEME.

Watch out for applications that need to "RUN" in the background. Any application that provide "Up-to-date" info, weather, stocks, GPS, ... they are using even more application memory.

Clean out all of your old message stores, especially any that had large attachments.
    05-07-10 11:29 PM
    Just wanted to thank everyone for the responses and let you know that I solved the problem. I removed programs one at a time as suggested until I found the culprit. Turns out the issue was the Backup Assistant which Verizon pushed out to the Storm user community. Removing that program has restored my Storm to it's previous performance, eliminating a dozen battery pulls a day.
    05-17-10 09:41 PM
    Just wanted to thank everyone for the responses and let you know that I solved the problem. I removed programs one at a time as suggested until I found the culprit. Turns out the issue was the Backup Assistant which Verizon pushed out to the Storm user community. Removing that program has restored my Storm to it's previous performance, eliminating a dozen battery pulls a day.
    Haha Verizon tells you its poynt and its actually there own app, seems about right but still a bltch lol

05-17-10 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD