Droit does better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 05:59 PM
    I had a Motorola Droid for 10 days....I sold it and bought a Storm 2....I found it terribly unuser friendly....I couldnt figure out how to forward a freakin text message for over a day, and I'm really not that stupid!!!!! I really found it very difficult to get used to and didnt enjoy the "droid" experience at all....
    05-16-10 03:15 AM
    Storm > Droid < two cups connected by a piece of string.

05-19-10 02:46 PM
    Storm > Droid < two cups connected by a piece of string.

Thats how me and my suitemates communicate at college. we have cups and string under the doors.

The next step in regression to youth is the creation of Fort Awesome, made entirely of pillows and blankets. No girls allowed. Except Mom.
    05-21-10 12:59 AM
    Topic should have titled Storm 9550 or Droid?

While I've never owned a Storm (Droid is my first VZW phone), I don't think it is anywhere as good as the Droid. I don't see why anyone would buy an S1 in this day and age when the S2 is already out.
    I just bought one, a storm1 that is and I'm loving it. Why keep up with the jones'es in this day in age. In six months the droid and the incredible will be old news and there will be rants and raves for that. Sigh

05-23-10 04:11 PM
    I just bought one, a storm1 that is and I'm loving it. Why keep up with the jones'es in this day in age. In six months the droid and the incredible will be old news and there will be rants and raves for that. Sigh

Or better yet, the Incredible will be on a BOGO offer just like the Motorola Droid is now. Just wait a few months and it'll be cheaper. I learned that lesson when I bought the Storm 1 for $199 and nine months later it was $80.

I do love my Storm 1, though.
    05-24-10 07:09 PM
    Or better yet, the Incredible will be on a BOGO offer just like the Motorola Droid is now. Just wait a few months and it'll be cheaper. I learned that lesson when I bought the Storm 1 for $199 and nine months later it was $80.

I do love my Storm 1, though.
    Right. Its cool tho, u didn't know what was coming out later anyways. I just got the storm for 50 bucks, used. Did the official upgrade and it runs like new.

05-24-10 07:35 PM
    I'd go Droid. I won't be coming back to BB anytime soon.

I am mad at myself for settling for the Storm/BBOS for so long, I didn't realize how much I was putting up with until the Pre, WebOS and email that isn't freaking TRUNCATED. If RIM was smart they'd apologize for being so damn lazy.

As far as kb5zht, dude had 770+ posts only because he says "Storm > Droid" every 5 seconds. He's like a parrot. And not the good, ex-parrot kind either.
    05-30-10 04:16 PM
    You're right, kb keeps reinforcing the concept of being a childish *****. I agree with you.

As for the Droid thing, it's a personal decision. I did not care for any of the Android devices I tried, including the new, Incredible, but certainly, it's great for some people. Not "better" not "worse" there is no such thing, it just suits the needs of some better than others. <shrug> Truncated emails are but mildly annoying for me. The way I look at it, my phone is NOT my primary email/internet device, so any email that's so large as to be truncated, is most likely something I'd rather deal with on my laptop or desktop anyway. The email I do get, saying "Truncated due to size" is but a headsup that there is something I need to deal with when I get back to my home office.

I'd go Droid. I won't be coming back to BB anytime soon.

I am mad at myself for settling for the Storm/BBOS for so long, I didn't realize how much I was putting up with until the Pre, WebOS and email that isn't freaking TRUNCATED. If RIM was smart they'd apologize for being so damn lazy.

As far as kb5zht, dude had 770+ posts only because he says "Storm > Droid" every 5 seconds. He's like a parrot. And not the good, ex-parrot kind either.
    05-30-10 09:48 PM
    So, my storm finally died. it was a good soldier for about six months. new one comes tomorrow. is there any way i could have gotten it replaced with the storm 2? Because the 9530 is now pretty much obsolete, and a massive upset.
    06-20-10 11:38 AM
    i dont like the feel of the droid
    06-21-10 03:36 PM
    The app the OP is looking for is called POYNT. It's free.
    06-21-10 04:30 PM
    i dont like the feel of the droid
    Me either. That's why I went back to the bb aka my tour and now my storm 1.
    Thinking about the incredible but my contract is up in march so I'm sure there will be something good by then.

06-21-10 06:16 PM
    I played with a storm and there's no way i would trade my Droid for it.
    06-22-10 09:06 AM
    So here's the deal. I am a college aged male living in and attending classes in NYC. I got my 9530 a week before the storm2 was released. I wasn't informed by the sales rep that it was going to be released (I did not follow tech threads or announcements at the time), nor was i informed until after my purchase that that particular store had seen a 79% return rate of the 9530.

As a college student, i enjoy apps that the iPhone has, such as mixology or barfinders or whatever. However, i have no interest in the iPhone, as it will be in first gen if it is released this summer, and we all know you never commit to first gen electronics.

My little brother recently got a Droid, the phone i have been looking at for a while. I was wondering the internets opinion on which is better for a college student? Keep these details in mind:

-I am on the verizon network.
    -I have an iPod touch with wifi, and safari runs much faster than Blackberrys browser, so the internet is not needed.
    -I don't mind not getting emails on my phone, and do not need my phone for business purposes.
    -My main usage of my phone is texting.
    -I am interested in Droids augmented reality app Layar, and have used it and love it.

My storm has had many problems, even running OS 5.0.0.328(platform4.2.0.128). So should i try to force Verizon into upgrading me to a storm2? or try to get a droid?
    I only have a couple of things to say: A college student that doesn't do any research before spending that kind of money? Must be nice. AND the other is why go with old technology. Go with Droid. That is where the future is headed unless your a business Major. BUt then you are really in trouble.

Hey it's all fun, man------- George
    07-07-10 12:03 PM
    I only have a couple of things to say: A college student that doesn't do any research before spending that kind of money? Must be nice. AND the other is why go with old technology. Go with Droid. That is where the future is headed unless your a business Major. BUt then you are really in trouble.

Hey it's all fun, man------- George
    it was an upgrade from my old phone, total came to about fifty dollars. so aside from berating me, anything useful to say?
    07-12-10 02:58 AM
    DROID < Insert Robot Sound Effect <<HERE>> >
    07-13-10 03:36 AM
    Finally managed to get my hands on the storm 2 because my fifth (5!) storm 1 crapped out again (massive screen issues rendering phone unusable). its about goddamn time.
    08-04-10 01:21 PM
    Finally managed to get my hands on the storm 2 because my fifth (5!) storm 1 crapped out again (massive screen issues rendering phone unusable). its about goddamn time.

Please let me know how you like the Storm 2... I'm looking to upgrade and curious about your opinion.
    08-04-10 01:34 PM
    Please let me know how you like the Storm 2... I'm looking to upgrade and curious about your opinion.
    '
    That would be the last thing I would upgrade to consider the EOL in less than 2 weeks.
    08-04-10 04:38 PM
    '
    That would be the last thing I would upgrade to consider the EOL in less than 2 weeks.
    What is EOL ??
    08-04-10 04:40 PM
    End of Life ...
    08-04-10 09:27 PM
    Go with the Droid, especially if you're just a casual smartphone user. If you're going to be doing business-related work, then go for the BB Storm. I really love mine, although I may switch. BBM is fun and the email features are easy. I rely heavily on my BB Storm for work.
    08-07-10 03:39 PM
    The storm 2 really seems like the storm 1, but without the frustration. It brings nothing new to the table but wifi' and a battery cover that physically hurts to remove without the aid of a knife or something. Its a decent phone though.
    Also, bbm is only cool if that's what your friends have. I'm the only one of my friends with a smart phone, let alone a blackberry.

08-09-10 07:31 PM
    Storm III by leaked docs is said to be coming out mid to late October, so I would wait for it instead of getting a Storm II.
    08-19-10 05:27 AM
157 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD