Welcome to the world of Crackberry, Swarly...that's what happens. Ticks me off, too, so many threads degenerate into the "competition bashing" thing. Silly, immature and sad, but that's the reality. I don't mind legit, level-headed comparisons that are not about "one-uppping" just comparing. I had lunch with a client the other day and that was, in part, exactly what we did. He has an iPhone and we got into the comparing thing and it was all cool...he liked some of my S2 features, I liked some of his iPhone features and in the end, we both said "cool" and that was that. Not here!

Anyway, the earlier post this morning, reminding us of your original point of wanting a device for texting "so why pay for extras" is a valid point and I think that was lost in the subsequent posts. You did go on to say though, in another post, that you also wanted apps, so that somewhat precludes getting a simple texting device.

It does sound though, like a Droid or iPhone or whatever, may better meet your needs. I agree with your sentiment and while BB does meet my needs, it, like ANY phone, doesn't meet everyone's needs.

What the **** have you monsters done to my thread? You destroyed it! with all this ****-waving saying hey look at mine its bigger than yours!

Original point here:

I uploaded al the newest software to my storm1 9530. I am doing way less battery pulls than i used to. But i still have to pull it three or four times a week. Now when i pay my hard earned money for a product that is hailed as the future, id better be getting my goddamned moneys worth. that means i want a phone with reliable service. Honestly, this is almost as disturbing as when i had a razr. a RAZR for christs sake!

Anyway, i hate apple as much as the next, but if its coming to verizon, im sorry to say bberry has really let down the teen market. They attempted to merge into the teenage market place with the storm and storm2, but have failed to provide any thing to back it up with. There are a few basic apps like urbanspoon and google maps, but i really really like all of the apps apple and droid has to offer.

the bberries lack of allowing me to store my apps on my 8gb SD card is disturbing, as all i have to fill it with is pictures and videos, and i have a real legit camera for that ****.

I am currently satisfied with my storm1 as it is working. but not to my standards. Just well enough that i don't want a refund.

the Nexus One, Droid, and iPhone 4g (if it really exists) all look promising and ******* sweet compared to 9530
    04-24-10 01:20 PM
    Welcome to the world of Crackberry, Swarly...that's what happens. Ticks me off, too, so many threads degenerate into the "competition bashing" thing. Silly, immature and sad, but that's the reality. I don't mind legit, level-headed comparisons that are not about "one-uppping" just comparing. I had lunch with a client the other day and that was, in part, exactly what we did. He has an iPhone and we got into the comparing thing and it was all cool...he liked some of my S2 features, I liked some of his iPhone features and in the end, we both said "cool" and that was that. Not here!

Anyway, the earlier post this morning, reminding us of your original point of wanting a device for texting "so why pay for extras" is a valid point and I think that was lost in the subsequent posts. You did go on to say though, in another post, that you also wanted apps, so that somewhat precludes getting a simple texting device.

It does sound though, like a Droid or iPhone or whatever, may better meet your needs. I agree with your sentiment and while BB does meet my needs, it, like ANY phone, doesn't meet everyone's needs.
    Texting and apps you say? Dude should get a Microsoft Kin.
    TWIST! Betcha didn't see that coming...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 02:03 PM
    Texting and apps you say? Dude should get a Microsoft Kin.
    TWIST! Betcha didn't see that coming...

i just googled it. It seems like a failure waiting to happen. Just saying. It seems far to busy, and for teens and people who need to be entertained by shiny objects. I admit to being a teen, but i am definitely not that simple minded.

It looks almost like a toy. a cute little cell phone toy
    04-25-10 03:10 PM
    Storm 9530 is unquestionably better.

The droid is a laughable piece of garbage. Suitable for leveling a coffee table at best. Its embarassing.

04-25-10 09:49 PM
    Storm 9530 is unquestionably better.

The droid is a laughable piece of garbage. Suitable for leveling a coffee table at best. Its embarassing.

I want specs, i want proof. Keep in mind I am not asking for your personal opinion, but rather a well though out answer based on MY criteria.

I do not use my phone for E-mail, just for text messaging. Like i said in my very first post, i enjoy using Layar (I live in NYC and like to explore. also i fulcking love pizza, the default search for Layar).

Anyway. I asked for facts, not flame wars.
    04-25-10 10:21 PM
    I want specs, i want proof. Keep in mind I am not asking for your personal opinion, but rather a well though out answer based on MY criteria.

I do not use my phone for E-mail, just for text messaging. Like i said in my very first post, i enjoy using Layar (I live in NYC and like to explore. also i fulcking love pizza, the default search for Layar).

Anyway. I asked for facts, not flame wars.
    "OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse...
    ...you want room 12A, Just along the corridor."

But honestly, in defense of these idiots, this is "rants and raves" and there are, in a conservative estimate, about 1000 sites to offer you spec comparisons (facts) about the aforementioned phones. If you didn't want opinions, you sure came to the wrong place.
    04-26-10 08:45 AM
    "OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse...
    ...you want room 12A, Just along the corridor."
    Epic Python sketch...
    04-26-10 11:12 AM
    This idea of using a cellphone to explore NYC instead of walking down the coke infested lower east side yourself and kicking up some fun the old fashioned way disturbs me.
    04-26-10 12:04 PM
    Get the storm. At least with it you can see the screen outside on a sunny day.

The droid (un)incredible was overhyped and most people find it didn't come close to meeting their expectations.

05-01-10 09:31 PM

The droid (un)incredible was overhyped and most people find it didn't come close to meeting their expectations.

Really? Who says? I like mine so far.
    05-01-10 09:50 PM

So what you're saying is that you'd actually prefer a 9530 to the Droid incredible? If you can say that while looking yourself in the mirror (without cracking a smile), I will buy you the smartphone of your choice!
    05-01-10 10:23 PM
    So ive been looking into it and the new leaked iPhone looks promising. and i like Layar because i do explore the city on foot without the use of my phone, until me and my girlfriend get hungry for sushi or something. I know i can use urbanspoon, but it is not as helpful as layar
    05-02-10 08:21 PM
    So ive been looking into it and the new leaked iPhone looks promising. and i like Layar because i do explore the city on foot without the use of my phone, until me and my girlfriend get hungry for sushi or something. I know i can use urbanspoon, but it is not as helpful as layar
    It's a great time for smartphones, Swarly. Android is excellent, the new iPhone will of course be great (front facing camera is awesome, but on AT&T?), Windows Phone 7 could be a game-changer, and BlackBerry appears to be stepping up their game with BB 6.0. **** I'm even interested to see what HP does with Palm. I hope they throw some much needed money behind it and take it up a notch.

There has never been this much competition in the market as we're seeing right now, and this is great for everybody.

Layar is pretty cool if you take it into the city. I was at a Cardinals game the other day and turned on the Twitter Layar, and it was pretty neat to see how many people we're twittering in an augmented reality space.
    05-05-10 01:08 AM
    So what you're saying is that you'd actually prefer a 9530 to the Droid incredible? If you can say that while looking yourself in the mirror (without cracking a smile), I will buy you the smartphone of your choice!
    Storm 3 when it comes out, thank you.

Already heard many of the deficiencies of the DI. Scrren is large but resolution sucks, mp3 player poor compared to the S1&2, yea 8 MP camera but lense is lacking so pictures suck anyway. Heard em all. Yes okay your native browser is better but that playing field is easily leveled for free with a 3rd party app.

Last edited by kb5zht; 05-05-10 at 02:29 PM.
    05-05-10 02:24 PM
    Storm 3 when it comes out, thank you.

has blackberry even so much as mentioned a storm3? i havent heard anything about it. Also, the blackberry app store is still incredibly upsetting.
    05-05-10 07:45 PM
    I'm digging through my memory to see if it's only rumors I've read, or brief, VERY vague references. I seem to recall something "semi-official" though, don't bet on it. Still, I would not at all be surprised to see a 3 come out in the November time frame.

That being said, given that we have ZERO details, I sure as HECK would not be saying "I'm gonna get the 3" LOL. Talk about buying a pipe dream! I would be VERY interested in the 3, assuming there is one, as I've liked both my 1 and my 2. I have zero interest in anything Android, every single one of their devices leaves me wanting. I am curious about the rumored iPhone on VZW, time will tell.

has blackberry even so much as mentioned a storm3? i havent heard anything about it. Also, the blackberry app store is still incredibly upsetting.
    05-05-10 08:01 PM
    I had the Droid & loved it.. but there was just a few things missing that I LOVED on my BB.. so I traded my Droid for a Storm. They both have good and bad things about them, but I'm happy with my decision.

I did the same thing. I tried to LOVE the Droid but it just wasn't happening.
    05-10-10 08:28 PM
    I found this article today, which cites both a Storm 3 AND a Storm 4 in development (along with the rumored RIM tablet).

RIM Prepping BlackBerry Tablet, Storm 3 and 4 - Tested
    05-10-10 11:21 PM
    I found this article today, which cites both a Storm 3 AND a Storm 4 in development (along with the rumored RIM tablet).

RIM Prepping BlackBerry Tablet, Storm 3 and 4 - Tested
    Interesting, I'm wondering if one of the Storms in development is the slider that's been seen floating around. I've been wondering, since I'm 99% sure the slider will have a touchscreen WITHOUT surepress, that means that RIM has been working on a touchscreen OS that wouldn't utilize surepress. This is interesting, as current touchscreen BBOS is built around surepress, and that functionality is embedded deep into the software. Seems like an awful lot of engineers to put on one phone... I'm wondering if that will be the same/similiar OS to be used on the rumored tablet.
    05-11-10 10:46 PM
    Interesting, I'm wondering if one of the Storms in development is the slider that's been seen floating around. I've been wondering, since I'm 99% sure the slider will have a touchscreen WITHOUT surepress, that means that RIM has been working on a touchscreen OS that wouldn't utilize surepress. This is interesting, as current touchscreen BBOS is built around surepress, and that functionality is embedded deep into the software. Seems like an awful lot of engineers to put on one phone... I'm wondering if that will be the same/similiar OS to be used on the rumored tablet.
    How many engineers are on it? LOL
    05-12-10 12:46 AM
    How many engineers are on it? LOL
    Well obviously I don't know the answer to that question, as I don't work for Research in Motion. My point was that they clearly have plans for a version of their operating system sans surepress. This is not an easy task and to do so would require alot of software engineers. I take this as a sign that they either have some lofty goals for the BB slider, or are planning on using this code elsewhere.

Or were you just being a smartass? Given your track record I'm going to guess the latter.
    Last edited by DrewCSchultz; 05-12-10 at 02:03 AM.
    05-12-10 01:57 AM
    Topic should have titled Storm 9550 or Droid?

While I've never owned a Storm (Droid is my first VZW phone), I don't think it is anywhere as good as the Droid. I don't see why anyone would buy an S1 in this day and age when the S2 is already out.
    05-15-10 12:32 PM
    Yep, I do agree with the part about "buying a Storm 1 when the Storm 2 is already out" part, unless of course, you're buying some used piece of equipment knowing that it's outdated technologically speaking.

I don't agree about the "Droid being better than the Storm" reference, but I understand that for you--and for some others--that may well be the case. I've messed with several Android phones quite a bit, and I simply do not like them, including the Incredible. Just not my cup of tea, but I draw the line at saying one is better than the other. They're simply different and each has it's own set of pros as well as cons.

While I've never owned a Storm (Droid is my first VZW phone), I don't think it is anywhere as good as the Droid. I don't see why anyone would buy an S1 in this day and age when the S2 is already out.
    05-15-10 02:21 PM
    That's a good point as ill be upgrading, and not getting another of the same phone i currently use. On this thought process, what is the difference between the 9530 and 9550 aside from wifi and maybe a faster runtime
    05-15-10 05:49 PM
    Having had both, I have to admit there is not a huge difference, though WiFi is nice and of course, more memory. If you're a gamer, the OpenGL support is there, though there are few apps that take advantage of it (I own two games that use it and the graphics are impressive compared to the rest of the litter).

The screen clicking is far superior too. Now, none of these make it a "must have" but they are nice. I cannot attest to this for sure, but thus far, I see no signs of dust getting under the screen like it did on my S1 (though there are complaints this has happened to some).

As you well know, much of this depends on a few factors. If you're a fan of touchscreens, as I am, your choice is limited to either the S2 or an Android (and I personally do not like the Android OS OR their devices). I am not a fan of physical keyboards with their subsequent small screens.

So, you either get the S2 or a Droid or, you hold on for a few months to see what happens! Perish the thought, but there is the rumored iPhone on VZW <cough>

That's a good point as ill be upgrading, and not getting another of the same phone i currently use. On this thought process, what is the difference between the 9530 and 9550 aside from wifi and maybe a faster runtime
    05-15-10 05:56 PM
157 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD