Ok, first let me state the basic facts and then go into why I started this thread. Currently I am using a Storm 9530 (VZW) with the .99 OS (no problems w/.99 so have yet to try .103). I have three email accounts on the phone: 1) BlackBerry email address (we'll call that 9530 henceforth...), 2) Comcast.net email address (we'll call that Home) and 3) my work email account (we'll call that Work). My work email is NOT using BES, we have Exchange Server 2007 and I am using Outlook 2007 on my work laptop. I receive work emails via BIS/OWA on my Storm and am aware w/o BES no OTA Calendar or Contacts syncing is possible. Subsequenty since there are three email accounts there are also three calendars: 9530, Home and Work. My goal is to Sync BOTH Home and Work calendars on the phone separately so I can make use of the different colors. My other half is the organized one and keeps her nursing work schedule, the little one's school and activity schedules and anything else all in her Outlook 2003 at home. We set up a Google Calendar account and via Google Sync I get everything (OTA) and can update her as well (OTA). This is all on the Home calendar on my Storm. In order for the Google Calendar/Sync to go onto the Home calendar, in Options, Advanced Options, Default Services I set the Default Calendar to Home. This part works flawlessly and I have no issues. The issue comes in with adding in the work calendar data onto the Work calendar on the phone. Now I know that w/o BES I need to do this via USB sync cable (or Bluetooth I think can work too but haven't tried that yet...). When I launch DM 4.7 on my work laptop (remember, Outlook 2007 - runs in Cached mode, but have tried both ways w/the same results...) if I do not change my Default Calendar all the way back under Advanced Options to Work, then no Sync will occur - it just doesn't work (no pun intended). So, so far I have found that if I change the default to Work, USB Sync my work calendar onto the Storm's Work calendar and then once I disconnect, change it back to Home as the default everything seems to work (only discovered this a few hours ago, so not aware of any issues yet...). But I guess I typed this long-winded message to ask the simple questions: Isn't there an easier way to do this? If I forget to change back to Home at the end, I think (but not positive) Google Sync will start placing new items on my Work Calendar and not on my Home Calendar. There has to be a better way to do this. If you know, I'm ALL EARS to hear your solution.
    02-12-09 06:33 PM
    Would also like to know this if anyone has figured it out!
    02-27-09 09:41 AM
    Very easy. Google sync. They have a desktop app that will sync your work outlook to a separate calendar to your google account. Can be either one way or two way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 10:40 AM
    Plaxo and google sync (I am using BIS NOT BES):
    • My work MS Exchange syncs with Plaxo.
    • My Google Calendar Syncs with Plaxo.
    • My Wife's Google Calendar is shared with me.
    • Google Sync pulls My Google Calendar and my wifes Google calendar to my BB.
    • My Home MS Outlook syncs via USB cable with my BB.
    Voila!
    02-27-09 10:46 AM
    My experience with Google Sync is that it only reads events that I add after I set it up. I have many appointments that are already on my calendar that I need to sync as well.

Does this work with syncing past / already added events?
    02-28-09 07:48 PM
    Yes. It does.

Edit: It doesn't sync past recurring appointments.

My experience with Google Sync is that it only reads events that I add after I set it up. I have many appointments that are already on my calendar that I need to sync as well.

Does this work with syncing past / already added events?
    Last edited by bbsean; 03-04-09 at 12:04 PM.
    02-28-09 09:03 PM
    My original reason for starting this thread was the discuss the ability to sync multiple calendars and doing so w/o having to change the defaul calendar buried in a sub-level options folder each time you sync. Google Sync has worked great thus far, but my issue is when I sync my work outlook calendar via USB data cable (google sync is for my home calendar in outlook), if I do not change the defaul calendar first, it will put it on the same calendar that google sync uses and since 2-way is active for google sync, then my work info would go back to my home outlook which is not what I want. I want to keep each one separate from one another.
    02-28-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD