So I've had my storm over a year and a half, and I've gone through a lot of OS updates, and I just have to say that I love my Storm. It runs nearly perfect with the latest hybrid. The only problem I ever have with it is when it's humid the screen will click the wrong spot, and a little reboot fixes that. Anyways, my girlfriend has the 9550, and I don't like how the screen clicks, and I don't like the call, menu, back and hangup keys being part of the screen. I get awesome service with Verizon. My friend with an Iphone 4 was dropping calls left and right, and he never has 3G unless he is in a major city. I'll have 3G miles from anything.

Anyways, is anyone with me? I love this phone. I don't want a new one until something new, stable, and is a real step up comes out.
    09-03-10 12:30 AM
    There are actually several threads like this about users liking/loving their S1. I too am with you, in terms of speed and the technology, it's obviously WAY behind as most of us know but mine (I too am on my original running .328), it has served my needs. With the right combo of useful apps and knowing your phone, you can set it up to run pretty good most of the time. I plan on writing up a review of my use of the S1 for the last 18 mos, good & bad. For the most part good. I know most people had their share of issues, I did/do too but not to the point where I had to exchange mine. For some of the people that did have issues, I question if they even tried to make it work by wiping out the device, removing certain apps, etc.

I'm SO hoping an S3 (or 2.5) is in the works of this fall.
    09-03-10 02:09 AM
    For a two year old design, you won't hear any complaints from me. Even web browsing is enjoyable with the free addition of Opera Mini 5. The secret (if you ask me) is just staying away from crap apps (like almost anything published by Verizon) and the phone will be rock-solid for weeks with no rebooting or glitching.
    09-03-10 08:54 AM
    So I've had my storm over a year and a half, and I've gone through a lot of OS updates, and I just have to say that I love my Storm. It runs nearly perfect with the latest hybrid. The only problem I ever have with it is when it's humid the screen will click the wrong spot, and a little reboot fixes that. Anyways, my girlfriend has the 9550, and I don't like how the screen clicks, and I don't like the call, menu, back and hangup keys being part of the screen. I get awesome service with Verizon. My friend with an Iphone 4 was dropping calls left and right, and he never has 3G unless he is in a major city. I'll have 3G miles from anything.

Anyways, is anyone with me? I love this phone. I don't want a new one until something new, stable, and is a real step up comes out.
    I loved my Storm too, much more than I liked S2. OS 328 was a total flop, but with 5.0.0.419 it was a great device.
    09-03-10 09:25 AM
    OS 419 has made a huge difference. Much more stable.
    09-03-10 12:08 PM
    Yeah, I use the Bolt Browser, and it is super fast. Every now and then it lags a little or gives me a weird connection error, but most of the time, it flies. For being over 2 year old technology, it's awesome. If you think of where the iphone was 2 years ago, only the 3G was out, and they didn't even get a camara with a flash until 4. If OS 5 was out when it came out, it would at least have put up a fight with it.
    09-03-10 02:19 PM
    There are actually several threads like this about users liking/loving their S1. I too am with you, in terms of speed and the technology, it's obviously WAY behind as most of us know but mine (I too am on my original running .328), it has served my needs. With the right combo of useful apps and knowing your phone, you can set it up to run pretty good most of the time. I plan on writing up a review of my use of the S1 for the last 18 mos, good & bad. For the most part good. I know most people had their share of issues, I did/do too but not to the point where I had to exchange mine. For some of the people that did have issues, I question if they even tried to make it work by wiping out the device, removing certain apps, etc.

I'm SO hoping an S3 (or 2.5) is in the works of this fall.
    Me too!!!, as much as I love my storm, I'm really ready to have my socks knocked off once again. I ran .328 since the release, but last night my wife's notebook smushed my berry and I lost everything. So I loaded lyricidal's lastest hybrid just to try something new. Now I feel like I'm running through a meadow, about to embrace my storm like a long lost love, I'm talkin cheesy music and all. . Ok a lil serious I know, but this latest hybrid has me deeper in love with my Storm than ever b4!!! Check out my updates about the hybrid here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/95x...-fixes-521599/
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 09-03-10 at 04:29 PM.
    09-03-10 04:26 PM
    For a two year old design, you won't hear any complaints from me. Even web browsing is enjoyable with the free addition of Opera Mini 5. The secret (if you ask me) is just staying away from crap apps (like almost anything published by Verizon) and the phone will be rock-solid for weeks with no rebooting or glitching.
    Why I never downloaded mini opera I can not say - but holy cr#p - the difference in speed is noticeable

Now why RIM cant make their browser as fast, is another matter - LOL
    09-05-10 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD