05-26-09 07:36 PM
1,109 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    what os did you have?
    03-25-09 11:20 PM
    i just got the phone about 2 weeks ago..so the stock .75 it came with.
    03-25-09 11:24 PM
    I heard the same thing... .113. Now I am just waiting. (I am talking about the REAL release.)
    yep same hear why not just wait you know...lol...
    03-26-09 01:39 AM
    The same thing happened to me, with the install 4.7.. i backed out, and re did it, and then it listed .113 as an option, i had to reinstall my set up after through backup, and pull the battery, now .113 works, and is amazing
    03-26-09 02:36 AM
    Loaded .113 and loving it so far the cam is a lot quicker the scrolling is superb no memory leaks seen as of yet.
    03-26-09 12:50 PM
    Does this update have more theme's? Rather than just the normal stupid one? Im on .75 still, scared to do an "unofficial" release, but i'm tired of not having my normal "today" screen so i can see what appts i have
    03-26-09 05:27 PM
    Ok i brokedown and decided to install this o/s...was on .76 waiting for official but gave in...no real problems on the install.
    Everything worked as per instructions until I did the data restore...

Once OS install was done. I went on DM and restored data from my backup i made just before doing the OS install.

I did the advanced restore option figuring id only copy over contacts, sms.... everything worked including the browser but I decided to do regular restore option to get the rest of the settings/folders/ configurations I had.

Now my browser has gone rogue...

main browser logo is gone...but i can access it if I hold down BB key..when browser starts...it says.."You device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries....please contact your service provider"...

Anybody get this or know how to fix?

Pull battery and restart, the browser icon will then re-appear.
    03-26-09 05:31 PM
    yep same hear why not just wait you know...lol...

i love knowing that the storm is really capable of doing a ton of stuff. and soon there might be an official release.
    i'm new to blackberries and to this forum with many knowledgeful people.

though, i'd like to know, by going with .113 is there any chance in a voided warranty (with verizon or BB) OR is it more like i really dont want .113 to mess up my storm (as we can see is not the case)?

im just wondering why there are a few out the that havent done the switch.

personally, i do not own a storm yet. really would like to get one, simply waiting for my upgrade to show up in the next 2 weeks or so.
    03-26-09 06:09 PM
    Does this update have more theme's? Rather than just the normal stupid one? Im on .75 still, scared to do an "unofficial" release, but i'm tired of not having my normal "today" screen so i can see what appts i have
    Nope! It has the same theme as always!
    03-26-09 06:14 PM
    OK I think I messed up...I tried to do everything like instructions....except...when I opened DM it automatically found new software updates listed them all in a dialogue box. The application software said 4.7 I just figured it was the .113 I DLed and just went ahead and told it to update. Well, it did and succesfully...but when I check my versions, it just says 4.7?? or 4.70?? Did I get the .113 on there or not? I am confused....and obviously a first time user. I just got this over the weekend and it had .75 on it...and I have about thrown it through the wall. So I tried the update.
    I couldnt agree more about wanting to throw it through a wall...I just did the .113 o/s and I cant believe the difference...The only problem I had was when playing a movie,after I was done and was shutting it off it froze the picture and kept playing audio and locked me out of all buttons forcing me to do a battery pull....Thanks to all who contribute and help in making these things possible!!!!!!!!!!!

Also anyone who hated using the camera will now not want to smash it on the concrete....It works much better...
    Last edited by Evil-Inc.; 03-26-09 at 07:36 PM.
    03-26-09 07:27 PM
    I lost all of my DL apps I had in my DL folder...why?
    03-26-09 07:53 PM
    I was running .114 hybrid and started having some issues with it. I have been running it for a week with no issues, but in the past 2 days (no changes or new apps added), it has started freezing and responding slow. I removed Where and Tiltris and that sped it up a bit. I figured, let's just go with the new OS and loaded up .113 and i notice every time i am in a particular app, i hit the bb button and the running apps bar comes up across the screen. On the current Official OS .76, the bb button would always bring up the appropriate menu for that particular app. If i click back then the bb button, do that a few times, the app menu eventually appears. Is there a setting i need to change?

When i go into my calls screen, i have it defaulted to go to call logs, but it went to dial pad the first time, then contacts the second time.

Excited to use this new OS for a while. Hopefully not too long for an official VZ release, but these OS leaks have been great. Thanks to all those who put forth the effort and continue to!
    03-26-09 09:03 PM
    The OS's only come with the default theme, but there are plenty of themes in the other forums you can download right to your BB so you can have a today theme. There are many threads with links to themes. Just look for them.
    03-26-09 09:11 PM
    Sucky deal... So I go through process of backing up my apps etc... when I got o reinstall them all, none were there. I messed up somewhere in my 3rd party application back up and only a couple of teh apps back up such as the IM and light saber. that really sucks. I had a lot of apps.
    Basically after reinstall new .113 I went to app loader in DM and browsed my pin folder alx file. It could only find a few apps. Not sure why it didn't back up all of them.
    Dang none of my themes back up either.
    03-27-09 04:17 PM
    Did I do something wrong? I installed the new firmware .113 and everything went just fine. However, every time I reboot it is even longer and I really don't see any difference in speed. I was able to restore all my contacts etc and that is fine also. I went to options and about and it says that I have v4.7.0.113(Platform 4.0.0.144). Any Suggestions? Oh and my memory is hanging around 39mb steadily it seems. Thanks!
    03-27-09 08:21 PM
    Thanks for the link. I'm loading it now. A friend of mine that works at VZW confirmed this will be official soon. We shall see...
    03-27-09 11:07 PM
    I just finished installing .113 from .103 and the phone restarted on its own and is now hanging on the startup, it's been about 5 minutes now. Looks like a reinstall is in my future.. argh!
    03-27-09 11:31 PM
    wow, to all the people still sporting the official .75 or .76 GET OVER YOURSELVES. make the jump already your OS is pathetic, your living in the past.
    03-27-09 11:46 PM
    Sucky deal... So I go through process of backing up my apps etc... when I got o reinstall them all, none were there. I messed up somewhere in my 3rd party application back up and only a couple of teh apps back up such as the IM and light saber. that really sucks. I had a lot of apps.
    Basically after reinstall new .113 I went to app loader in DM and browsed my pin folder alx file. It could only find a few apps. Not sure why it didn't back up all of them.
    Dang none of my themes back up either.
    How did you loose the apps? If you saved the entire folder with the sane name as your PIN they should have all been there.
    03-28-09 01:20 AM
    As I attempt to install OS 113 update on PC I get prompt stating that PC not modified and install interupted. Try set-up again. Not sure whats going on. I desperately want to update my 9530 to resolve issues. Feedback please!! Thanks.

Kevin
    03-28-09 09:32 AM
    Hey Crackberry friends...

My first time upgrading my OS from the wonderful pathetic world of .75. I know i know...what' took me so long? I was a little apprehensive thinking i would kill my Storm and loose everything if i screwed it up. I did it and now i'm off to test it. Thanks to everyone who has posted advice on upgrading, backing up and restoring.. you all rock!

I love the full keyboard when in portrait mode!! And it switches from Landscape to Portrait so much faster!!

E.
    03-28-09 09:41 AM
    My Numbers Are Not Working When I Make A Call!!! Help Me???

Meu Numeros Nao Esta Trabalhando Quando Estou Ligando!!! Ajuda-me???
    03-29-09 09:26 AM
    My Numbers Are Not Working When I Make A Call!!! Help Me???

Meu Numeros Nao Esta Trabalhando Quando Estou Ligando!!! Ajuda-me???
    I'm in the same boat as bigwelly here, any help on this issue?
    03-29-09 10:49 AM
    Did I do something wrong? I installed the new firmware .113 and everything went just fine. However, every time I reboot it is even longer and I really don't see any difference in speed. I was able to restore all my contacts etc and that is fine also. I went to options and about and it says that I have v4.7.0.113(Platform 4.0.0.144). Any Suggestions? Oh and my memory is hanging around 39mb steadily it seems. Thanks!
    It was the exact situation for me when I upgraded. I don't know why but 2 days after all these issues when off.
    03-29-09 11:00 AM
    Didn't see a Rapidshare link so I uploaded it to my account.

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/215138388/9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel161_3.exe

Just got it installed and had an issue with it restoring my messages and SMS. Glad I backed up everything first. I am annoyed a little that I constantly have to re-enter login credentials for Visual Voicemail, Facebook, Gmail App, etc. as well as the fact that nothing stored in the Facebook app (messages, notifications, wall posts, etc.) are backed up and restored.

Enjoy!
    03-29-09 08:11 PM
1,109 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD