I hated .114. I had so many problems. I hope this one is better
    03-25-09 09:31 AM
    I have had this on my phone for two days. I did a jl wipe and loaded 113 up and I have been steady with memory between 35-40. It multitasks with no problems this release is great
    03-25-09 09:44 AM
    Initial Impressions

First of, for the record, I'm coming from the BBC Hybrid v2 which for me was the best build so far.

Overall this one is better, right now.

Accel. - Solid and fast both ways.

Typing lag - non-existent except in the browser, which isn't really bad either. About the same as v2.

Camera - REALLY fast

Phone - works as expected

MMS - seems its not fixed. Grey or black box for pics that didn't originate on the storm

Memory - hovering around 45, which is normal for me.

Boot up time after batt pull is considerably faster.

Again, overall everything is running faster and smoother than v2. Even my themes are running smoother.

This is all initial though. I'm gonna give it a couple days and see if it worsens or makes me an even happier camper. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for the color issue I would've been very happy to have this on my Storm at launch.

One other thing though now that I remember. Hopefully I can explain this right. I'm having a very interesting glitch. I noticed it the other day while on a 114 hybrid. To open the app switcher we know all you have to do is hold the BB button for a sec and viola, well, I've noticed a cyclic glitch. Basically if I hold the button the app switcher comes up as normal. I back out and do it again exactly the same and just before the app switcher comes up, the BB menu comes up. I'll back out and hold the button again and up the switcher comes as normal. Back out, try again, and the BB menu comes up right before the switcher. I can repeat this forever. Its a really interesting glitch. I'm wondering if its a hardware thing.

Can some of you guys try it and see what you get?

Btw, thanks sj. Much props.
    YEAH!!!!! I have the same glitch! It isn't horrible but it does get pretty annoying. If you find a fix please post it
    03-25-09 10:00 AM
    Well. The leak of this version is actually good. Some people say MMS works and others dont. I tried it and it didn't work on my Storm. A hybrid is basically an OS with exchanged files in it to make whatever it was that was changed, work in that mannor. If the accelorometer worked super fast in .113 and its not fast in .114, the file gets replaced in .114 with the file from .113 to make it work like it did with .113. Confused yet? Thats just a quick theory of how hybrids work. For instance, I have .114 leak installed on my Phone. I have the MMS File from .100 and the Keyboard file from .109 and both of those issues, work as good as they did with that particular OS. So in reality, MMS forwarding (Pictures not taken by the Storm itself) work like they should, and the Keyboard comes up during a phone call that is made like it should. Thats why people do this.

So, to futher explain more With the .113 leak. Some people are having issues with forwarding the MMS. So, if you changed and replaced the file in that OS, with a working file from another OS, it will work like that OS you changed it from. The reason why I have .114 on my phone, is because I like how the accelorometer reacts. Its more proper to me. Thats why I started with this platform. The .113 is actually almost just as solid as the .114 build. So give or take, its always worth it to try a leak if your capable of going with the install process. But to give you my opinion, .114 is just as solid as .113 in terms of smoothness and quickness. Thats why I just kept .114. But, I can tell you right now........Verizon would be kicking themself if they released either OS because the MMS doesnt work for some people. You cant release an OS as official if that isnt working with some phones. That just wouldnt be right.

And to answer your question. I dont know why someone would do this. It shouldve been leaked prior to .114. But then again, its a leak and just that. So you never know what gets leaked at what time. In this case, the guy that posted that Leak said it would eventually be Official. Take what you hear with a grain of salt, if you dont see or hear proof. Just my opinion. And as of right now, there is NO PROOF of .113 going OFFICIAL with Verizon.

PS: And I had an issue with Dust under my screen. Called Verizon and there sending me a replacement. Should be here by Thursday. No hassle or anything. I got the phone in December. Well past 30 days. That just goes to show how good this company can be to you, when talking to the right representative.
    Yeah but make sure it isn't a refurb one. It is there policy to only replace a phone with a new one within the 30day if it is out of the 30days mark they WILL send you another one but a refurb. I worked for VZW I left because there all A$$holes just trying to take peoples $...
    03-25-09 10:24 AM
    OK...it still does the lock up and auto restart....I cannot figure out why.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...s-help-189667/
    Last edited by GargoyleDC; 03-25-09 at 12:37 PM.
    03-25-09 12:34 PM
    I know i'm a noob to this but wasn't .113 all over the web already? First post said it leaked yesterday, but i've been seeing ..113 for at least a week or two.
    03-25-09 12:42 PM
    many people who works for them have no idea about what they are talking about...
    *hands Leo.brazuca a frosty cold beer*

Made me chuckle... the truth doesn't do that often.
    03-25-09 01:00 PM
    I know i'm a noob to this but wasn't .113 all over the web already? First post said it leaked yesterday, but i've been seeing ..113 for at least a week or two.
    I think that was for the 9500 storm. I don't remember though.
    03-25-09 01:02 PM
    Installed this .113. Initially I thought it fixed the memory leak I was experiencing from the .114 hybrid, but now I'm not so sure. Will need more time. Everything else about it seems to be pretty close to the .114 hybrid though.
    03-25-09 01:16 PM
    I've had the "memory leak" since I got the phone. I don't think you can pin it on any specific OS.
    03-25-09 01:19 PM
    I've had the "memory leak" since I got the phone. I don't think you can pin it on any specific OS.
    I wonder if it's a certain app or app(s). I'll try uninstalling some things like weatherbug and see if I can help pinpoint the problem.
    03-25-09 01:24 PM
    Installed this .113. Initially I thought it fixed the memory leak I was experiencing from the .114 hybrid, but now I'm not so sure. Will need more time. Everything else about it seems to be pretty close to the .114 hybrid though.
    No more memory leak for me since installed this OS, I have it since I posted it here and I've only done 1 bat pull since then (right after instalation)... after the bat pull I had 38.8MB of memory and right now I am at 33.4MB... Pretty good to me!
    03-25-09 03:27 PM
    Hey how do you make this thing work. It just keeps saying
    (leaked OS not compatable) LOL
    03-25-09 03:36 PM
    so far for me this OS is running bout da same as 114 did for me..does have a bad memory leak,worse than 114 for me but its still running good.
    03-25-09 05:08 PM
    I do not know what is going on but I installed .113 and the Battery dies to quick so I put .109 back I hope this new OS comes out soon I am ding here

for those people that have not been to my sight yet check it out and see what you think it is in my sig
    03-25-09 05:34 PM
    For some reason I downloaded it but....desktop manager wont let me load .113 it to the phone.....any ideas? I tried to d/c the computer from the internet but it still wont give me the option to load the 4.7 software update to the phone.
    03-25-09 06:33 PM
    I had it but even after a battery pull it took like 5 minutes to start up other than that I had no issues I downgraded back to .75 i'd rather have the official and didn't have any issues wth the .75 so why change it unless you do
    03-25-09 06:44 PM
    Ok i brokedown and decided to install this o/s...was on .76 waiting for official but gave in...no real problems on the install.
    Everything worked as per instructions until I did the data restore...

Once OS install was done. I went on DM and restored data from my backup i made just before doing the OS install.

I did the advanced restore option figuring id only copy over contacts, sms.... everything worked including the browser but I decided to do regular restore option to get the rest of the settings/folders/ configurations I had.

Now my browser has gone rogue...

main browser logo is gone...but i can access it if I hold down BB key..when browser starts...it says.."You device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries....please contact your service provider"...

Anybody get this or know how to fix?
    03-25-09 07:45 PM
    just wondering but will this do anything to my storm?

i am so worried that downloading this will tear it up and i dont wanna wait for another one.

but everyone says that this will be the next official OS, so it must be ok, right?
    03-25-09 08:10 PM
    Ok i brokedown and decided to install this o/s...was on .76 waiting for official but gave in...no real problems on the install.
    Everything worked as per instructions until I did the data restore...

Once OS install was done. I went on DM and restored data from my backup i made just before doing the OS install.

I did the advanced restore option figuring id only copy over contacts, sms.... everything worked including the browser but I decided to do regular restore option to get the rest of the settings/folders/ configurations I had.

Now my browser has gone rogue...

main browser logo is gone...but i can access it if I hold down BB key..when browser starts...it says.."You device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries....please contact your service provider"...

Anybody get this or know how to fix?
    Try to resend your service books via your provider's BIS site. That usually fixes those oddities.
    03-25-09 08:19 PM
    battery pull did the trick....thanks though janye.
    03-25-09 08:24 PM
    I can't wait to get home and Download this. I am on .109 right now and when .114 came out I was going to download it until I heard nothing but bad things about it. It seems like almost everyone here is impressed with .113. I also have my best friend who works for Verizon and he hasn't hear about this version being an official OS release anytime soon. Only time will tell.
    03-25-09 09:12 PM
    OK I think I messed up...I tried to do everything like instructions....except...when I opened DM it automatically found new software updates listed them all in a dialogue box. The application software said 4.7 I just figured it was the .113 I DLed and just went ahead and told it to update. Well, it did and succesfully...but when I check my versions, it just says 4.7?? or 4.70?? Did I get the .113 on there or not? I am confused....and obviously a first time user. I just got this over the weekend and it had .75 on it...and I have about thrown it through the wall. So I tried the update.
    03-25-09 09:31 PM
    OK I think I messed up...I tried to do everything like instructions....except...when I opened DM it automatically found new software updates listed them all in a dialogue box. The application software said 4.7 I just figured it was the .113 I DLed and just went ahead and told it to update. Well, it did and succesfully...but when I check my versions, it just says 4.7?? or 4.70?? Did I get the .113 on there or not? I am confused....and obviously a first time user. I just got this over the weekend and it had .75 on it...and I have about thrown it through the wall. So I tried the update.
    On your phone click Options>About and you will be able to see the OS version and Platform that is installed on your phone.
    03-25-09 09:53 PM
    HELP! i have downloaded and ran/installed .113 to my computer. now when i disconect frm the internet and click on update thru DM, it tells me there is no updates available..what am i doing wrong or what could help me??
    03-25-09 10:16 PM
1,109 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD