Just upgraded from .75 to .113 and my observations are as follows:

1. Phone overall is quicker and noticeable from switching from .75 to .113
    2. Really like the clear bar at the bottom when you are taking pictures.
    3. Taking pictures is quicker
    3. Really like the full keyboard option in portrait mode
    4. accellerometer (sp?) seems to be a little quicker but not a huge difference
    5. switching between applications is quicker
    6. I have never seen my memory in the 40mb's which is nice
    7. Flicking through pictures is more seamless with less hesitation
    8. Much less typing lag
    9. internet browsing seems to be a little quicker

I'm sure there are more but I just installed the new .113 update and haven't had alot of time to play with it but within the short time I have these are the improvements I have noticed. Take it for a grain of salt but I have been very hesitant to update to a leaked OS like many still on .75 and I would recommend it to anyone. Just my 2 cents. Good luck everyone.
    03-24-09 06:54 PM
    Ugh,

Ok, Newb OS loader here and I think I messed up.

I Installed the new OS and it looked fine but I noticed that my Contact info was gone.

So I restored it from backup

but now I have no Browser. Everything else looks like it's working ok, but I have no browser.

I opened up Twitterberry and clicked on a link and I get a popup that says:

Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries

Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device.

Should I roll back to .75?

Ugh
    03-24-09 06:55 PM
    u downloaded it to ur fone or did u install it on ur computer 1st then load it? i never heard of that 1 before
    Downloaded it to the desktop first and installed using DM. I'm not a noobie, although I sound like it right now. I'm just confused as to why I got an older edition...
    03-24-09 06:56 PM
    not sure either, like i said never heard of that kinda issue before..u said u had .90 before this?
    03-24-09 07:00 PM
    Originally Posted by killastorm View Post
    NOPE, i am not a racist, but OBAMA is a NAPPY HEADED PUPPET

what does this have to do with a web page named crackberry?!?!?!?!?

Good question. It seems if he stubs his toe, this garbage flows out of his mouth. He's contaminated several threads like this so far. Apparently, the MODS are stretched thin these days. Hopefully, the situation will improve.
    03-24-09 07:02 PM
    Nope, I was on .75 before. I will just click on another download and try it again...Thanks for the help.
    03-24-09 07:05 PM
    Ugh,

Ok, Newb OS loader here and I think I messed up.

I Installed the new OS and it looked fine but I noticed that my Contact info was gone.

So I restored it from backup

but now I have no Browser. Everything else looks like it's working ok, but I have no browser.

I opened up Twitterberry and clicked on a link and I get a popup that says:

Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries

Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device.

Should I roll back to .75?

Ugh
    Resend your service books. Do a quick search and you will see how.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 07:05 PM
    Resend your service books. Do a quick search and you will see how.

Found it! and it fixed the problem. Guess I just freaked out a little.

Awesome.

Now to play
    03-24-09 07:07 PM
    Has any reliable source confirmed this one being a legit .113 OS version? I don't want to flame OP credibility its just I trust the insiders such as Sith and CX.
    03-24-09 07:11 PM
    THIS IS NOT A HYBRID VERSION

THIS IS THE VERSION 4.7.0.113 AND ACCORDING TO WHAT I WAS TOLD IT WILL BE THE NEXT OFFICIAL RELEASE... In about a week or so.

DOWNLOAD AT OWN RISK...

Enjoy People

I was told by a good source, who works for verizon and does beta testing with storm, that the next firmware would be .120. Its supposedly going to hit march 31st. So we shall see!! I can't wait till the storm finally hits the ground running!
    03-24-09 07:15 PM
    Hello every one I have download the OS and post it to my sight so just one more place to download this OS

Welcome
    03-24-09 07:34 PM
    is it REALLY worth downloading? is there REALLY a significant change? if so what ?
    03-24-09 07:38 PM
    how do i load .113 on my phone if i have .114? it won't seem to recognize it since its "older" than what i currently have.
    03-24-09 07:40 PM
    I found it was way faster from ver .75. accelerometer is WAY faster as well.. Although i am having troubles restoring my phone, it freezes at "calendar - all' transfer, and nothing is being transferred to my phone...
    03-24-09 07:40 PM
    How come I cannot load the os? Within the Available updates section, it is showing, but when I click next, it says no software update is required for my device ???

Could someone please advise ?
    03-24-09 08:07 PM
    try unplugging computer from internet, it wil lcheck for updates and see that there is no official ones released and will conclude there is none to be installed... It worked for me
    03-24-09 08:11 PM
    I am a Newb, dowloaded the update and installed on my computer. then ran DM it recognized some sort of update, but it installed updated core applications and was done in 5 minutes. now it shows no further updates avail. i looked in the setting and still running .75, what did i do wrong?
    03-24-09 08:15 PM
    I am a Newb, dowloaded the update and installed on my computer. then ran DM it recognized some sort of update, but it installed updated core applications and was done in 5 minutes. now it shows no further updates avail. i looked in the setting and still running .75, what did i do wrong?
    search for loader.exe on ur computer. Its the background installer for DM. Open that and find ur phone, pick the OS and u can install it that way. ALot faster and quicker, but just not as flashy as DM
    03-24-09 08:23 PM
    did that, loader just sees all the apps on my phone. doesnt show any OS.
    03-24-09 08:38 PM
    I waited a long time to post and even sign up to post on Crackberry. This because of my position within a particular carrier. I will not stand by and allow someone to say this is the official release that Verizon will be releasing. It is not. This is a hybrid version. The official will be 113, but a .161 build. You don't have to believe me, and this particular firmware may not hurt your phone, but it is not official. Just be wary. I deal with far to many customers who have been duped into believing in these leaked firmwares. RIM leaked a large amount of betas to find out which java files worked the best per each release. They compiled and created a final MR. 113 build 161. Too many people have treated these betas as though they were going to be a great build. They were never intended to be. Just a test for certain java files. I understand the frustration from all Storm users, myself included, but please just be patient a little bit longer. It is worth it. Thank you all. Also thanks for all the great info that is posted on here daily.
    03-24-09 09:05 PM
    Installed .113 browser now gone?!?! HELP!
    03-24-09 09:16 PM
    I waited a long time to post and even sign up to post on Crackberry. This because of my position within a particular carrier. I will not stand by and allow someone to say this is the official release that Verizon will be releasing. It is not. This is a hybrid version. The official will be 113, but a .161 build. You don't have to believe me, and this particular firmware may not hurt your phone, but it is not official. Just be wary. I deal with far to many customers who have been duped into believing in these leaked firmwares. RIM leaked a large amount of betas to find out which java files worked the best per each release. They compiled and created a final MR. 113 build 161. Too many people have treated these betas as though they were going to be a great build. They were never intended to be. Just a test for certain java files. I understand the frustration from all Storm users, myself included, but please just be patient a little bit longer. It is worth it. Thank you all. Also thanks for all the great info that is posted on here daily.
    So when will the official os be coming out?

03-24-09 09:21 PM
    You are going to need to resend your service books. Go to options/advanced options/host routing tables. hit your menu/Blackberry key and click register now. Should show up in a few. Wait a few and do a battery pull.
    03-24-09 09:22 PM
    So when will the official os be coming out?

Should be within 2 weeks. Testing got set back a couple weeks ago. Can not say a specific date, but will be within the next 2 weeks, or so. Trust me. We just don't want to take any chances with this one. The original has really put a bad taste in a lot of our mouths.
    03-24-09 09:25 PM
    how do u find out when and where verizon releases new OS
    03-24-09 09:58 PM
1,109 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD