05-26-09 07:36 PM
1,109 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    is this really what you guys have come to??
    sigh
    03-23-09 11:22 PM
    confirmed that this is partial/mostly 9500 .113 build...tweaked out...just fyi...and bread is delicious
    ...... It seems like the Storm has attracted too many "kiddies" that are tied to Verizon for whatever reason, but really wanted an iPhone. And they're not going to stop complaining until the Storm is an iPhone....
    Now this is funny!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    [IMG]http://www.foo.is/~baldur/******-prize.jpg[/IMG]
    enphenate i think the bread banter was to point out how out of control these threads get ...to the point that people stop listening...
    03-23-09 11:23 PM

man oh man...no comment hahahahaha
    03-23-09 11:24 PM
    Oh, that prize isn't big enough. But look that's me getting it! I'm so proud of myself!
    03-23-09 11:27 PM
    Well, make it 3. I can't wait until their new disc in June - Black Clouds and Silver Linings. Hopefully we'll hear some Fates news soon as well. sorry...back to your scheduled programming...:>)
    03-23-09 11:28 PM
    hope this hasnt been asked yet, didnt find anything with a search....

if i have .114 installed, should i wipe or will dm see that a new os is available?
    03-23-09 11:29 PM
    let's hope to god the spelling correction is still functional
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-23-09 11:29 PM

if i have .114 installed, should i wipe or will dm see that a new os is available?
    YOU ARE WASTING YOU TIME WITH .113, DO NOT INSTALL IT, IT IS NOT REAL
    03-23-09 11:32 PM
    Nice uh... faint lightning avatar picture Killa. Looks great.
    03-23-09 11:34 PM
    YOU ARE WASTING YOU TIME WITH .113, DO NOT INSTALL IT, IT IS NOT REAL
    Here is the thing, real or not, I'm keeping it and it's running better than any other OS I have tried. I have tried all the hybrids, too. Don't deter people from trying a build that many people like.
    03-23-09 11:34 PM
    this os is f*****g awsome!!! fast and has the copy and paste
    03-23-09 11:35 PM
    this isn't going to be an offical release if the mms isnt fixed. there is no way that will pass the friendly user tests. and i know about 5 testers for vzw who are aware of the bug and failed .113 as soon as they got it.
    03-23-09 11:35 PM
    this os is f*****g awsome!!! fast and has the copy and paste
    My point exactly about people being happy with this "build" (or whatever the heck it is), and the MMS issue can be easily resolved.
    03-23-09 11:37 PM
    This leak is BS. Proof that there's a sucker born every minute. And yes I voted for Obama. And I'd do it again today if I could. :P
    03-23-09 11:38 PM
    Just cause I know everyone wants to know...there is NO LAG in the bonus levels in word mole.....my true benchmark test
    There's no lag in the bonus levels if you turn the sound off in other builds. The sound isn't really important anyway.

Mark
    03-23-09 11:39 PM

Anyone got a yes or no to this so i can get started?
    03-23-09 11:40 PM
    It was said early in the thread that it only has the English language files.
    Why would an "official release" be missing these files?? What happened to the .130 that was being kicked around a day or two ago as being the next official and that came from RIM or VZW people, supposedly??

Seems to me this is another reworked BETA and someone has pulled a fast one.
    03-23-09 11:41 PM
    OK So I am not very technically savvy but am so fed up with some of the issues I decided to give it a go an upgrade to the "Official" 113 version.
    It sounds like you are new so let me be clear here.

Until it shows up OTA or you are able to download it from BlackBerry® Software Updates it is NOT OFFICIAL.

What the OP was trying to say and did not do a very good job is that this is the same version as the one he was told by whomever will be released officially. This has yet to be confirmed by someone else but since he said it and it is a real version a lot of people are taking it at face value. It's unfortunate that you got caught in this. Apologies to the OP if I offended you, but this is what happens when you are not completely clear about things like this.

Now how can I tell this is not an official release?

1. The file name 9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel161_PL4.0.0.144_A4.7.0.113.ex e . If this were an official VZW release it would have been 9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel161_PL4.0.0.144_A4.7.0.113_Ve rizon.exe This is easy to fake or change obviously

2. It is missing most of the other languages besides English (and this is a lot smaller than the leaked betas which are all language versions) VZW bills the Storm as a World Phone and thus is not going to limit language selection like that in a release version. Not sure why this version lacks those langages though since all of the other beta OS's have them.

3. The Program Files/Common Files/Research in Moton/AppLoader/vendor.xml file is the same "blank" one that beta releases have. If it were an official version it would have VZW specific info inside of it to prevent it from being installed on a Tellus or Bell Mobility Storm.

What the VZW supervisor told you was in essence the truth. You do technically void your warranty by installing beta OS's, so you should never under any circumstances tell someone from VZW that it is something that you did.

Now all that being said all is not necessarily lost. Is your phone functional? Of not then take a look at this tread and begin recovering your phone. I hope you backed up your data.

http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry...ked-blackberry
    Last edited by VZWRocka; 03-23-09 at 11:50 PM.
    Anyone got a yes or no to this so i can get started?
    No need to wipe just install....it is really good!!!!!!
    people may like this, but its a hacked build, it will never be vendor supported, do u realize that the os's are up past the 150's now...directly from vzw bes. this is not official, load it if you want hope it works, but stop hyping it up when its nothing to get excited about....
    03-23-09 11:42 PM
    Why is it a big deal if it is official or not...just load the damn thing.
    03-23-09 11:44 PM
    people may like this, but its a hacked build, it will never be vendor supported, do u realize that the os's are up past the 150's now...directly from vzw bes. this is not official, load it if you want hope it works, but stop hyping it up when its nothing to get excited about....
    Okay, seriously. You and killa are becoming so annoying about this "not supported" "not official" mess. This is NOT official, duh. We are just happy that our storm is performing better than it was earlier today. If yours isn't, then sorry to hear. Seriously, we have read your posts that you keep repeating. We got it.
    03-23-09 11:45 PM
1,109 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD