05-26-09 07:36 PM
1,109 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    thanks killa for reinstating lol, i tried saying it but nobody wants to hear it, sucks guys but this isnt the official release, this release is NOT vendor approved
    I cant believe people actually believed this guy.
    03-23-09 10:56 PM
    i posted about this lie days ago when slymotherphucker was talking about it. i cant believe how gullible you people are.

this isnt the vzw .113
    .113 is .113. Who knows if Verizon will really release .113 but if they do, it'll be the same. It could be the one language version like this one, or the all language version like you have. They are both the same, just one has more languages included.
    03-23-09 10:57 PM
    Thank You. I've been dealing with hardware for awhile, so I do tend to point out when people's statements are technically flawed *LOL* As for how long i've been dealing with hardware? The first computer I ever used was a Sinclair ZX-81; Google it.... I was 6 years old. I built my first computer back in 1992 out of old IBM PC-XT parts. And I am a hardware tech by trade for a local community college. While I don't mean to flame anyone in any way, some of the posts I see in here are not what I was envisioning when I started using a Blackberry. I thought they were pretty much limited to corporate/IT type users such as myself. It seems like the Storm has attracted too many "kiddies" that are tied to Verizon for whatever reason, but really wanted an iPhone. And they're not going to stop complaining until the Storm is an iPhone. Anyways........ To keep the thread on topic:

New OS running strong still, sitting at around 48MB free App Memory with several apps installed. I did remove the wallpapers file and the video. I honestly think that until the OpenGL capabilities I keep harping on are unlocked with a new MAJOR OS revision that this will be about as good as it gets. It's still early to tell, but this one seems like a winner if it performs this good on a fresh install. Some people are afraid that in a few days this will start slowing down, etc. I honestly haven't seen that happen since .75; and a battery pull would sort it out. It seems the Java memory cleanup routines have been improved, and memory management actually works now (I am NOT talking about memory cleaning, which is a security feature.... i'm talking about memory management routines that run in the background that the user has no control over) - if I use an app, and then properly close it; my free memory ends up back up ABOVE where it was beforehand. I think the BB OS might possibly be doing some prefetching as well in .113; as applications seems to open very quickly, especially the stock RIM apps.
    I've been in computer support (professionally) since '97, as a hobby since TRS-80 Model 1 and the original Compaq Portable
    03-23-09 10:58 PM
    how odd is that Kevin or any other higher up hasn't mention this leak
    03-23-09 11:00 PM
    I cant believe people actually believed this guy.
    I've read most of the posts here and in similar threads, you're the first person to finally doubt this. Thanks! I just couldn't believe people were downlading it without question.
    03-23-09 11:00 PM
    Think about it. Why would they release this as the official? Just what? 2 weeks ago .114 beta was leaked and everyone claims they are already testing in the .150's. Yet .113 leaked and claiming to be the next official? Why would they .113 get leaked AFTER .114 and be the official? I call BS on verizon releasing this. Verizon is nothing but lies and false hopes.
    03-23-09 11:01 PM
    I've been in computer support (professionally) since '97, as a hobby since TRS-80 Model 1 and the original Compaq Portable
    Ahhhhh.... the old "Trash 80".... The ZX-81 was a funny beast itself..... "Memory Management" problems back then were trying to figure out how to secure the 16K RAM expansion pack to the back of the system in such a way that it didn't rock free from the slot under it's own weight..... My Uncle and I used stick on velcro tape, worked a charm and stopped random lockups. It needed the expansion, because it had 1K stock..... *LOL*
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!1

You must be one of us too...

EDIT:

Also just deleted the vendor.xml file and loaded using the loader in the RIM folder.
    DT, Savatage, Symphony X. I like the classical influence more than the Jazz, but DT definitely rox.
    My findings from earlier post:

My intial impressions in no particular order....

Transitions are pretty quick.
    Keyboard seems fast and accurate and a tad bigger buttons (or maybe thats just me).
    The GREEN Go button is still there (its funny how that is important to people).
    Accelorometer is quick.
    Still has the color banding.
    Memory seems good (though more time is needed for observation). Mine is 43.6 on startup with quite a few apps.
    No in-call dial pad problems.
    Boot up time is fairly quick.
    Blue halo follows finger when dragged around keyboard.
    what about the MMS bug??
    03-23-09 11:02 PM
    what about the MMS bug??
    Present and accounted for, shocker huh
    03-23-09 11:04 PM
    ok after looking at the files and talking to a reliable "source" (dont think i have to go into detail) it looks as if someone took 113 for the 9500 and built this, or altered an earlier version for the 9530, somethin like a hybrid....you have all seen this before...i can ASSURE you, as others have said and I have said, this IS NOT an official and will not be the official, yes the official from vzw was supposed to drop this weekend but doesnt look so hot now....just have some faith and believe us...
    03-23-09 11:08 PM
    I've read most of the posts here and in similar threads, you're the first person to finally doubt this. Thanks! I just couldn't believe people were downlading it without question.
    and yet people are still talking about it.

hey guys, guess what, they have a new invention called sliced bread!
    03-23-09 11:08 PM
    lol killastorm...do you have pics of this "sliced bread"
    03-23-09 11:10 PM
    What happened to all the languages? Why does this build limit the options to English, French and Spanish? Is Verizon planning to do this all the time? Ridiculous. Give us the option, let us decide which language to include.
    03-23-09 11:10 PM
    No pics...never happened!
    03-23-09 11:12 PM
    hey...nofanboy...this isnt vzw approved man...hence the limited support...
    would you like white or wheat?

or a $5 footlong???

or a $5 footlong???
    You mean there's different builds
    03-23-09 11:13 PM
    HOLY $HIT...i cant believe its real...now i can make sandwiches....and toast..and other stuff..with sliced bread
    03-23-09 11:14 PM

or a $5 footlong???
    anyyyy footlong?!
    03-23-09 11:15 PM
    You mean there's different builds
    build it anyway you want, once in a while you can even get a cookie
    03-23-09 11:15 PM
    anyyyy footlong?!
    yup, ANY!! ONLY $5, plus you can get your bootleg vzw os while you wait
    03-23-09 11:16 PM
    mmm cookies...sugar?lol not to distract anyone this still isnt vzw supported bwahahaha
    03-23-09 11:16 PM

or a $5 footlong???
    Eh, i prefer Four Cheese Footlong bread... ANY footlong until March 31?!
    03-23-09 11:17 PM
    kkkkilla check your pms man lol..and blackstorm four cheese IS the bomb diggy fresh fresh
    03-23-09 11:19 PM
1,109 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD