05-26-09 07:36 PM
1,109 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    I wish you all would make up your mind... I still can't decide to give this a whirl or not. I'm on the v2 hybrid myself.
    Give it a whirl worse case you can always go back to v2.
    03-23-09 09:13 PM
    I know what you mean. Im on the .114 with changed MMS file and Keyboard. Dont know what hybrid that falls under and this OS works SUPER fast itself. So .113 would be a downgrade if this cant meet the same requirements of my current OS lol
    Then stick with what you got as this would be a downgrade for you.
    03-23-09 09:14 PM
    So what would you see, thats diffrent? Full Qwerty still in portrait? Copy Paste? WORKING MMS lol? Fast smooth scrolling through the main menu with the icons. Thats my biggest grips right there. Lock unlock?
    Full qwerty in portrait - yes
    Fast scrolling - yes
    MMS - yes
    Lock - fast

Seriously this OS is very smooth and fast and I recommend installing it...even if you are on .114 or a hybrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 09:16 PM
    how about the bluetooth video is that any better than than the hybrid?
    This is my first post in the CB nation, though have been lurking ever since I got my Storm. I plan on upgrading to this version but have one question...

Do you have to dial the *228 to re-activate after upgrade or will my phone continue to work like normal after a reboot? The reason I'm asking is because I am currently roaming (in Belize), and am not able to dial the 228 number. I'm gonna be here for a while yet so wouldn't wanna lose cell service due to an upgrade.
    This is my first post in the CB nation, though have been lurking ever since I got my Storm. I plan on upgrading to this version but have one question...

Do you have to dial the *228 to re-activate after upgrade or will my phone continue to work like normal after a reboot? The reason I'm asking is because I am currently roaming (in Belize), and am not able to dial the 228 number. I'm gonna be here for a while yet so wouldn't wanna lose cell service due to an upgrade.
    If it were me I would hold off. Should always activate the phone when installing a new OS.
    03-23-09 09:18 PM
    Damn, only thing left to do is go back through the process for ATT service. have to wait until tonight.
    03-23-09 09:20 PM
    OK So I am not very technically savvy but am so fed up with some of the issues I decided to give it a go an upgrade to the "Official" 113 version. I followed the steps in the sticky to the letter but was unsuccessful Out of frustration I reasoned that if this is the official release as the thread makes it appear to be I'll just call VZ and see if they can push it directly to my phone since my attempt to upgrade wasn't successful. After a 15 minute hold time I got a rep who was very polite and wanted to help. I explained that I had seen on line that there was an offical release and wanted it pushed to my phone. She said that it was not the official release rather a beta. She put me back on hold for a minute and a supervisor got on the line. He explained that this was a leaked beta version and that the official release was "imminant" sp. If I chose to download the leaked beta it would void my warranty. Now I'm sure that's a stock warning they have to give everyone but they are definitely not recognizing the .113 as an official version. Just throwing that out there to share the knowledge so please don't shoot the messenger. Looks like I'm gonna stick with .75 hopefully won't be too much longer. Either that or I need to date a techno wiz to do the updates for me
    03-23-09 09:22 PM
    This is all very confusing. Just when you get one OS settled in, another is released. Cant they give us time to settle in before we jump ship.
    03-23-09 09:22 PM
    They do, you don't have to install the new update, it's all up to you. Just play with the OS till you get sick of it, then update.
    03-23-09 09:23 PM
    Why is that the DM doesn't ask me to downgrade to .75 when connected to internet.
    03-23-09 09:26 PM
    how do you back up a 3rd party app?
    03-23-09 09:28 PM
    OK So I am not very technically savvy but am so fed up with some of the issues I decided to give it a go an upgrade to the "Official" 113 version. I followed the steps in the sticky to the letter but was unsuccessful Out of frustration I reasoned that if this is the official release as the thread makes it appear to be I'll just call VZ and see if they can push it directly to my phone since my attempt to upgrade wasn't successful. After a 15 minute hold time I got a rep who was very polite and wanted to help. I explained that I had seen on line that there was an offical release and wanted it pushed to my phone. She said that it was not the official release rather a beta. She put me back on hold for a minute and a supervisor got on the line. He explained that this was a leaked beta version and that the official release was "imminant" sp. If I chose to download the leaked beta it would void my warranty. Now I'm sure that's a stock warning they have to give everyone but they are definitely not recognizing the .113 as an official version. Just throwing that out there to share the knowledge so please don't shoot the messenger. Looks like I'm gonna stick with .75 hopefully won't be too much longer. Either that or I need to date a techno wiz to do the updates for me
    This is not an official blackberry site. Nor is it an official Verizon site.
    03-23-09 09:30 PM
    i tried to upgrade my phone and now i lost it with a fatal error, how do i get the operating system back on the phone??
    Check here....

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    03-23-09 09:31 PM
    Yes, that's correct.
    This is what happen. They at the call center know that the latest version for them is .75 and if your phone has any other version it doesn't belong to Verizon. This .113 will be next one (most likely) but as of now they can't tell you to put in your phone.

Is your own choice to install it or no... It won't take longer to be official according to what I was told.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 09:33 PM
    I have to say it sounds a bit funny.
    Maybe, but it's the best damn OS i've run on my Storm to date, with bbcrackman's hybrids (both versions) running a close 2nd.....
    03-23-09 09:33 PM
    Well, installed, and here are my observations so far (running about an hour):
    Memory is consistent with .114hybrid v2...holding at 39.8
    Boot time is super fast.
    Accelerometer is also a little faster than .114hybrid v2.
    Key pad much quicker, and responsive.
    Highlight seems to be more visible.
    All apps work and load quicker.
    MMS...sends and receives (only tried pix from phone).
    SMS works well.
    Visual VM also fine.
    Phone is also fine, and the key pad issue is GONE!!! YEA!

So, so far, things are really good. Time will tell as others also have said.
    03-23-09 09:38 PM
    there is some evidence that vzw is testing this for release.
    This is probably the pre-release leak akin to when .75 was leaked and came out officially a short time later..... And like the .75, it will probably be the case that all of us pioneers that already have it installed will NOT have to reinstall. I have a feeling that the next OS release for the Storm post 4.7.113 will be a 5.x release.... But it's just a hunch....
    how do you back up a 3rd party app?
    Instructions here....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-53201
    Downloaded it but the DM is not showing updates available.

I had .114.

I tried unconnecting from the internet but to no avail. I've downloaded every leak so far and it always showed an update available but not this time.

Is it simply because .114 is higher than .113 numerically? How do I get this going!
    03-23-09 09:39 PM
    damn .114 sucked
    03-23-09 09:39 PM
    if this is official will this be OTA on the phone under the advanced options wireless update menu? thatd be sick
    03-23-09 09:40 PM
    if this is official will this be OTA on the phone under the advanced options wireless update menu? thatd be sick
    Thats the rumor anyway. When it officially becomes the official official, that is...
    03-23-09 09:43 PM
    113 is the number the verizon rep gave me. His release estimate was 3 weeks (April 10).

Since I don't really have anything wrong with .75, I'm waiting anxiously. Hearing some of the fixes, especially memory leaks and overall speed make me really excited.

Since I'm new to BB, do 3rd party apps need to be backed up when the official release is out? Is it typical to see 3rd party apps get updated when the new OS is released?
    03-23-09 09:44 PM
    Clear your browser cache, and let the DM do all the work. It should back up your apps, contacts, calender, messages etc.

Sometimes the restore fails for some reason, but as long as it did the backup correctly you can manually go in and restore after the OS is installed.
    03-23-09 09:46 PM
1,109 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD