Ive been using .113 for about a week now and just have one question...is anyone else having issues w/their battery life? My battery used to last up to 2 days w/moderate use and now it goes dead w/in 6-7 hours w/the same usage. And I have to do battery pulls about 2-3 times a day because the damn thing constantly freezes. The overall performance is improved but if I cant have my battery life I might downgrade back to .75.

PS-I couldnt sit through 65+ pages of post to see if anyone else had the issue sorry.
    04-07-09 08:22 PM
    just downloaded the .113. and have noticed a few good changes. but what i didn't like was how grainy the keyboard keys are now. they don't seem to have the smoothness look to them as before. when i had the .75 version.anyway my $.02
    04-07-09 08:38 PM
    just downloaded the .113. and have noticed a few good changes. but what i didn't like was how grainy the keyboard keys are now. they don't seem to have the smoothness look to them as before. when i had the .75 version.anyway my $.02
    Wow, I upgraded a few hours ago, did not have any probs after my intial errors....but I did not noticed the grainy letters on the keyboard until now. I mean I probably would have never noticed it if you had not said anything, but I see it plain as day now LOL

Its like when you get a tiny knick in your car you never see it, but once someone points it out, you stare at it every time

Maybe this is why I have seen a .114 out there...that would be a very minor fix...
    04-07-09 09:32 PM
    I also just did a comparison to this article....

BlackBerry Storm Receives New Firmware from Verizon - A long list of bug fixes will be included in the new version - Softpedia

I did not see all of the updates that are stated there on my phone. I did not find the "phone" shortcut on the home screen or a "Go" button anywhere in the browser window...

Has anyone done any research on the accuracty of that softpedia article in comparisson to the build number?
    04-07-09 09:45 PM
    The "requesting available upgrades" window

OK Stormers, here goes another question, with clarity this time....

Reading the text, just the part about the normal sequence for requesting upgrades on the Storm, I have gone into the "options" window, "advanced options" window, then picked the "wireless upgrade" and the "check for upgrades", and now have a "requesting available upgrades..." message on my screen. This message/request has been running all night on my phone (yes I silenced it to sleep) and is still doing some sort of "request" even now. What is up with that, is it really requesting and/or downloading something? I've seen programs to update things before but my grandmother was faster than that.

Alittle clarification please Stormers?

Thanks -

Hawk

BlackBerry-Storm-Receives-New-Firmware-from-Verizon-

BlackBerry Storm Receives New Firmware from Verizon - A long list of bug fixes will be included in the new version - Softpedia

I did not see all of the updates that are stated there on my phone. I did not find the "phone" shortcut on the home screen or a "Go" button anywhere in the browser window...

Has anyone done any research on the accuracty of that softpedia article in comparisson to the build number?[/QUOTE]
    04-07-09 10:16 PM
    I also just did a comparison to this article....

Has anyone done any research on the accuracty of that softpedia article in comparisson to the build number?
    I have a "go" button on my keyboard. It's at the bottom right where the arrow "enter" key was. im on .113 btw
    04-07-09 10:20 PM
    ok so i d/l the .113 file and spent like 90min updating everything...i do notice it is a whooooooole lot faster but how do i know its .113? it still says 4.7

thanks in advance
    04-07-09 10:41 PM
    I have a "go" button on my keyboard. It's at the bottom right where the arrow "enter" key was. im on .113 btw
    Thanks... I did not notice that it was on the keyboard...**** I did not open the keyboard in the browser to check...thanks !

Redhawk...I unfortunately don't know what to tell you . I have never had that problem. The only problem I ran across with that update option was that is never had any updates
    04-07-09 10:44 PM
    I upgraded to the .113 a few days back and I have been loving it.
    Everything seems a bit faster. But I seem to have issues with the BOLT browser...I dont know if thats just the .113 or if its a widespread thing :P

other than that I am quite satisfied!

and also I have a go button too on the bottom
    04-08-09 01:37 AM
    Redhawk-

I had that happen to me about two weeks back with no explanation as to why, i didn't have the patience to let it run all night like you did, i think i let it run for an hour or so, but anyway i hit back and exited to the main screen and then went back in to try it again and after about 5 seconds it came up saying there were "no available updates", so it probably just got stuck for no real apparent reason. Verizon hasn't released anything OTA that you would be able to download unless your still on .65 in which case you really need to go to .75 haha, so sorry i dont have a definitive answer but its not downloading anything...
    04-08-09 04:11 AM
    BigSupa-

if you go to Options>About on your phone it should list what version you have installed.... it should be V4.7.0.113(platform, 4.0.0.144)....

if iit does not end in .113 then it hasnt installed on your phone and i would start from the beginning steps of the "how to upgrade to a beta os" instructions in the how to section, and try and reinstall the OS again
    04-08-09 04:14 AM
    I upgraded to the .113 a few days back and I have been loving it.
    Everything seems a bit faster. But I seem to have issues with the BOLT browser...I dont know if thats just the .113 or if its a widespread thing :P

other than that I am quite satisfied!

and also I have a go button too on the bottom

Did the upgrade about a week ago now, still no issues. Having a blast with my Storm!! I truely love this device.

I have seen the resolution issues, but seriously, ill take function over resolution any day... and the degraded resolution is barely noticeable. Just like the "scratch on the car" comment someone posted a bit ago.

I may be an *****, but .75 I was pleased with (much more so than .65), .113 is working like a charm,... the ONLY thing is the screen res, but yeah, no big deal.

YOUCANFINDMEEE: Im using Bolt on mine with no issues at all. But, I also installed it after my upgrade. With every BB I have owned before, after installing a new OS the 3rd party browsers were a bit flaky if they were on there before the OS upgrade. Try uninstalling it, then going with a fresh install. I hope this helps.
    04-08-09 04:54 AM
    I made the jump late last nite. I first downgraded to .75 (from .109) then immediately upgraded to .113
    Lost all my contacts (not a problem as I can restore those) and the icons for my blackberry and synced hotmail email address's are gone. Will the back-up/restore feature correct that? I have all my info, apps, etc backed up.

Other then those problems it seems to be working fine for me
    04-08-09 05:24 AM
    I just installed this on Monday and so far it works great. I REALLY like the improved selector/cut and paste method.

As for whether it's better than .109, I can't really say, it seems about the same.
    04-08-09 08:33 AM
    I love being a VZW employee, cause when i go to the store i can have the Store reps put this OS on my phone :-) which i did today. Oh By the way its being released April 10th. Also this version is AWESOME!
    04-08-09 07:43 PM
    Hey laxattack, I am going in to the V-Store this saturday for a class, do you think they could install the new OS then, and will I loose all my info already in the phone?

Hawk
    04-08-09 07:47 PM
    nothing was erased you will prob be fine to do that, that is if its a direct store
    04-08-09 07:52 PM
    So whats up still no release..???
    04-09-09 06:31 AM
    I love being a VZW employee, cause when i go to the store i can have the Store reps put this OS on my phone :-) which i did today. Oh By the way its being released April 10th. Also this version is AWESOME!
    He said the 10th so tomorrow. We'll see what happens...
    04-09-09 07:21 AM
    I have to say, one I never believe what the reps have to say on dates, they never have the right info...not their fault guess their bosses tell them wrong lol...

I have had .113 for a couple days now. The speed difference is very significant. I love it! The accelerometer is much more smooth, and is more responsive. I have noticed many other improvements, but that is the what I can't get over
    04-09-09 07:49 AM
    I just got off the 0phone with XZW and they say no updates in the near future...
    So I am downloading .113 to see if it will fix my issue with the sound switching to vibrate on its own when it is on my desk
    04-09-09 09:43 AM
    I just got off the 0phone with XZW and they say no updates in the near future...
    So I am downloading .113 to see if it will fix my issue with the sound switching to vibrate on its own when it is on my desk
    Every other storm carrier has gotten an update in the past few days. Don't believe everything they tell you.
    04-09-09 12:26 PM
    Just updated my BB Storm 9500 OS .100 to .113
    It totally ROCKS!!!!! Everything is better and smoother. Full keyboard on normal mode, menu is scrolls smoothly and fast , some browser lags I had before disapeared......Its just fantastic.....gonna try the .122 next week

Hey all thanx for the help and advices!!!
    Whoever uses an older OS version UPDATE NOW!!!!
    04-09-09 02:44 PM
    To the top!
    04-10-09 04:41 PM
    just did the update from .75 to .113, So far so good. Everything went smoothly.
    Last edited by paulwright1; 04-11-09 at 11:51 AM.
    04-10-09 11:07 PM
1,109 ... 4142434445
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD