So are we still expecting the real OS update this week or is it still smoke up someone's skirt?
    03-29-09 08:49 PM
    I can't seem to get this to work.... do i have to download something before the mirror?
    03-29-09 11:26 PM
    I can't seem to get this to work is there something i have to download before the mirrors?
    03-29-09 11:27 PM
    I can't seem to get this to work is there something i have to download before the mirrors?
    What isn't working?
    03-30-09 12:53 AM
    When is this officially being released?
    03-30-09 11:21 AM
    Help please?

I DL'd it and double clicked and everything installed, however in Desktop Manager when I go to update, I can't find the downloaded OS anywhere!

HELP!!
    03-30-09 11:59 AM
    Help please?

I DL'd it and double clicked and everything installed, however in Desktop Manager when I go to update, I can't find the downloaded OS anywhere!

HELP!!
    Turn off your internet connection and try DM again
    03-30-09 12:01 PM
    I tried that in the beginning... twice.

Still nothing! Its as if what I installed isn't being recognized by desktop manager. Frustrating....
    03-30-09 12:04 PM
    After hemming and hawing, I finally jumped from .76 to .113. For me, everything seems smoother. Camera speed seems to be the biggest change, it takes about 25% as long as it used to, to focus and take a picture. I counted one thousand one, one thousand two, from the time I pushed the shutter, till I had my photo, it used to take like 10.

This could be improved, and will but it's much better than it was.

Battery life, went 2 days with light usage, didn't even lose a segment of the battery, that's much better than what it rolled out with.

Signal seems full bore now, measures -.85, I believe -100 is perfect, but that's an improvement even though I'm in Denver, and should have full power, in the past it was sketchy.

Biggest thing I've been waiting for, was Google has rolled out 3.0.2, compatible with the storm. I flat used the **** out of this app on my old berry. Free GPS, directions, and more importantly, food, booze, etc, all wherever you are. It combines 3-4 Iphone apps into one freebie, that I really missed when the old version didn't work to well with storm.

One thing I'm still trying to figure out, how to move applications out of the applications folder, onto the "desktop" Specifically, I would like to move Google maps to the main screen. I've already moved apps like Verizon navigator, vtext etc. into the applications folder, now I'm trying to pull something out of Applications and stick it to the desktop. There isn't any option for "move to desktop".

My load with smoothly. Hope you're does too.
    03-30-09 01:23 PM
    After hemming and hawing, I finally jumped from .76 to .113. For me, everything seems smoother. Camera speed seems to be the biggest change, it takes about 25% as long as it used to, to focus and take a picture. I counted one thousand one, one thousand two, from the time I pushed the shutter, till I had my photo, it used to take like 10.

This could be improved, and will but it's much better than it was.

Battery life, went 2 days with light usage, didn't even lose a segment of the battery, that's much better than what it rolled out with.

Signal seems full bore now, measures -.85, I believe -100 is perfect, but that's an improvement even though I'm in Denver, and should have full power, in the past it was sketchy.

Biggest thing I've been waiting for, was Google has rolled out 3.0.2, compatible with the storm. I flat used the **** out of this app on my old berry. Free GPS, directions, and more importantly, food, booze, etc, all wherever you are. It combines 3-4 Iphone apps into one freebie, that I really missed when the old version didn't work to well with storm.

One thing I'm still trying to figure out, how to move applications out of the applications folder, onto the "desktop" Specifically, I would like to move Google maps to the main screen. I've already moved apps like Verizon navigator, vtext etc. into the applications folder, now I'm trying to pull something out of Applications and stick it to the desktop. There isn't any option for "move to desktop".

My load with smoothly. Hope you're does too.
    To move it to the desktop i use move to folder and then put it in the home folder
    03-30-09 01:33 PM
    I down loaded this link and now I can not send pic messages from my phone can someone help
    03-30-09 02:14 PM
    .113 THE NEXT OFFICIAL STORM OS.... CLICK HERE AND READ! Just like I said...
    03-30-09 04:22 PM
    Anyone Have A Link To Easilly Install An Updated Os.. Thanx
    03-30-09 06:17 PM
    Anyone Have A Link To Easilly Install An Updated Os.. Thanx
    In my signature you can find the link for everything you need

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 06:21 PM
    Hey guys, I found a solution to my problem:

I uninstalled all OSes I had downloaded (meaning, .113) and also Desktop Manager.

Reinstalled DM, reinstalled .113 and everything worked just fine.

Try this, hopefully it will work!
    03-30-09 08:28 PM
    Hey guys,

rezngyal, I am having the same problem, but no matter what I do it doesn't install the .113. It suggests I install 4.7 core applications and that's it. What could be going wrong?
    03-30-09 09:18 PM
    Hey guys,

rezngyal, I am having the same problem, but no matter what I do it doesn't install the .113. It suggests I install 4.7 core applications and that's it. What could be going wrong?
    And also to Elvis, did you two try what I did above? it worked for me.

Go to control panel and uninstall your Black Berry Device Software programs. If you click on one, you should actually be able to see the OS build at the bottom of the screen labeled "Product Version" Even if you already "installed" .113, delete it and any other Device Software programs for the BB. Also delete Desktop Manager.

I then restarted my laptop.

Then I reinstalled Desktop Manager. I downloaded mine from RIM's website, but if you have the disc that came with your storm, that also has the program you can install from.

Once that is done, double click and reinstall .113. Once all of that is done, disconnect your internet and reopen Desktop manager. Hook up the Blackberry and select the Apploader. Then Update Phone.

That SHOULD work. It's a bit drastic, but it worked GREAT for me. Automatically reinstalled my backups and 3rd party apps for me also.

HOPE THAT HELPS!!!

EDIT:

North, also when it suggests what to install, be sure you click on 4.7 core apps, like you said, and check the details. I bet you it's .113. if not, do what I suggested and try again. It shold tell you that it is .113 and not whatever you were using previous.
    03-30-09 11:08 PM
    Unfortunately that did not work for me..

I can't understand why this is giving me so much trouble.

Thank you for taking the time to help me though.
    03-31-09 02:32 AM
    I downloaded the OS and am I getting the following message now: No MMS Service Record when replying or even receiving someone's pic message. Any suggestions?

Much appreciated
    03-31-09 08:46 AM
    Reading yalls responses with downloading .113 is making me nervous about doing it to my phone now. I'm thinking I should just wait till Vz officially releases it. Right now I'm still running .109 with now real problems.

I want to go to .113 but dont want to lose my 3rd party apps or have any of the other problems i've been hearing about
    03-31-09 09:16 AM
    i am downloading the .113 right now.. and will give it a test run tonight.
    i've read hundreads of reviews on here and it seems like everyone is loving it. I will post my comments tonight when i give it a boot...

J.
    03-31-09 12:44 PM
    I call BS..if it was done and VZW knew they were releasing it they wouldnt wait a week...it would be released by thurs or fri
    chilax.. the official release is reported to be .113 by verizon wireless. and actually its 2weeks. why dont you call verizon wireless tech support yourself and find out?
    03-31-09 12:46 PM
    this is such a big upgrade. thanks to all who put it out there
    03-31-09 12:47 PM
    I think either me or my computer is challenged. I've downloaded all 3 mirrors and each time my DM picks up NONE of them after I install them. I've restarted and nothing. If I stay online it picks up .75 which I am already running, but when I'm disconnected I just get the "No software updates are available."

Lame lol I want my storm to not suck anymore.
    03-31-09 12:48 PM
    I think either me or my computer is challenged. I've downloaded all 3 mirrors and each time my DM picks up NONE of them after I install them. I've restarted and nothing. If I stay online it picks up .75 which I am already running, but when I'm disconnected I just get the "No software updates are available."

Lame lol I want my storm to not suck anymore.
    use the back door loader. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

there is a walkthrough on in the "blackberry 101 lecture series" in "blackberry help" on this site

EDIT: its lecture 12... just pick up at step #3 and you should be all set
    Last edited by cloudwarz01; 03-31-09 at 01:03 PM. Reason: more info
    03-31-09 01:01 PM
1,109 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD