I waited a long time to post and even sign up to post on Crackberry. This because of my position within a particular carrier. I will not stand by and allow someone to say this is the official release that Verizon will be releasing. It is not. This is a hybrid version. The official will be 113, but a .161 build. You don't have to believe me, and this particular firmware may not hurt your phone, but it is not official. Just be wary. I deal with far to many customers who have been duped into believing in these leaked firmwares. RIM leaked a large amount of betas to find out which java files worked the best per each release. They compiled and created a final MR. 113 build 161. Too many people have treated these betas as though they were going to be a great build. They were never intended to be. Just a test for certain java files. I understand the frustration from all Storm users, myself included, but please just be patient a little bit longer. It is worth it. Thank you all. Also thanks for all the great info that is posted on here daily.
    I highly doubt you know what you're talking about. I don't think Verizon is going to release any .113 version. Look at the file name of this:

9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel161_PL4.0.0..exe

This is release 161. It's just build 144 or whatever it is. This is the 161 you're talking about though. I'm very close to Verizon as well and I've heard nothing about anything coming soon. That doesn't mean it won't though. I just doubt it would be a build this low when there are so many higher builds out there that must be better.
    03-24-09 10:03 PM
    did that, loader just sees all the apps on my phone. doesnt show any OS.
    It sounds like you do not have the OS installed on your computer.

Look in Program Files/Common files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files

You should see a folder for each OS installed on your computer. If the OS you want to install is there, then go up to the AppLoader file, delete the Vendor file and double click the Loader.exe file. The rest should be similar to what you do using DM.

If it is not there, then maybe you downloaded it but did not install.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 03-24-09 at 10:12 PM.
    03-24-09 10:09 PM
    Very weird!

On DM this download shows up as 4.7.0.161 although it still says that the version is 4.7.0.113.

Blackberry 4.7.0.161 for 9530 (Current)

I confirmed this on both my Windows 7 and Vista machines. I am not saying that this has anything to do with .161 but that is kinda weird....
    Maybe now this .161 makes sense. Check on your Desktop Manager the .113 download says 4.7.0.161 for 9530. Coincidence or what?
    03-24-09 10:20 PM
    mirror 2 downloading 1.4 mbps sweet!!!
    03-24-09 10:20 PM
    I highly doubt you know what you're talking about. I don't think Verizon is going to release any .113 version. Look at the file name of this:

This is release 161. It's just build 144 or whatever it is. This is the 161 you're talking about though. I'm very close to Verizon as well and I've heard nothing about anything coming soon. That doesn't mean it won't though. I just doubt it would be a build this low when there are so many higher builds out there that must be better.

Well you obviously are not anywhere close to Verizon Wireless. People get on a forum and want to pretend to know things they don't. The first sign of not knowing what you're talking about is to quickly lash out and insult someone else. I posted as help to those that continually get burned by the loads of worthless crap from people who want to be important, but in reality, know not a clue about what they post. It is all regurgitated crap. You will look like an ignorant, disrespectful fool shortly, and then hopefully people will stop listening to your babble. BTW, no this is not the official, because We will not release software on Crackberry! IT IS NOT OFFICIAL, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT, OR TRY TO CONVINCE PEOPLE IT IS!

Seriously change your tact!
    03-24-09 10:22 PM
    Actually today, it was confirmed by out techs in the store, as well as our RIM representative that .113 was in testing for VZW, so this could very well be the next official update.
    03-24-09 11:35 PM
    This thing rocks the Fraggles in my socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty effin' happy to have this on my B.B., ESP in comparison to the .114 clusterf**k that I took part in last 2 weeks.
    03-24-09 11:43 PM
    how do i load .113 on my phone if i have .114? it won't seem to recognize it since its "older" than what i currently have.
    There is a link in my signature showing how to do it...
    03-24-09 11:58 PM

You don't ONLY have to be close you need to have the right people to talk to...I work for them and many people who works for them have no idea about what they are talking about...
    03-25-09 12:02 AM
    Actually today, it was confirmed by out techs in the store, as well as our RIM representative that .113 was in testing for VZW, so this could very well be the next official update.
    You're right, this was giving to me by one vzw employee, one big boss in my area and i really think it will be the next official one, so far it is the best one. The problem is, people are never happy with what they get, IF it comes to be the next official release it is great, if not, so what? Some better will be out there but as of NOW this is the best one no metter what, why don't people just use it and enjoy it and stop saying things?

I guess it just make me feel like the next leak I get I'll keep it for my self...why share?
    03-25-09 12:07 AM
    not sure if it will be official release but none the less they are making progress right?
    03-25-09 12:11 AM
    I am curious if I upgrade to .113 from .75 while I am in S. Korea if I will have any issues with my VZW setup, can anyone give me an idea of what I am up against?
    03-25-09 12:14 AM
    just downloaded and installed so far so good. running pretty smooth
    03-25-09 12:31 AM
    worked for me and i have t-mobile..........thankx
    03-25-09 12:40 AM
    Everytime I Try 2 Do The Os It Says Booting Rom Then Fatal Error!~!! Wtfff I Did A Full Wipe And Everything! Does Doing This On A Vista Computer Have Ne Effect?
    03-25-09 01:12 AM
    I just updated to .113 using Windows Se7en only issue I had was when it needed to disconnect then reconnect, the d4mn Safely Remove Hardware cr4p went screwy, thought I bricked it.
    03-25-09 01:20 AM
    Just downloaded it and I love it so far. I'm coming from .75 and I just got the Storm on the 17th. Nice to see what a sw update can do for this device.

Thank you CB for the tutorials and update info.
    03-25-09 02:05 AM
    I honestly don't see the difference in scrolling or am I just kind of S L O W ?
    03-25-09 04:15 AM
    Installed .113 browser now gone?!?! HELP!
    If you didn't get any help from yesterday ; I'm here . I had the same problem and all I did was do a battery pull .
    03-25-09 04:20 AM
    Cool, thanks for the release...
    Just to let everyone know, there are supposed to be 74 enhancements to the Storm with the new .113 release...it's still being tested by VZW. If all goes well, should be out late April, early may maybe...no eta on release, no matter what you read on this website, it will not be out in a week...that's not true, at all...
    03-25-09 07:45 AM
    Does it matter which version of DM you use to load this?
    03-25-09 07:52 AM
    Just to let everyone know, there are supposed to be 74 enhancements to the Storm with the new .113 release...it's still being tested by VZW. If all goes well, should be out late April, early may maybe...no eta on release, no matter what you read on this website, it will not be out in a week...that's not true, at all...
    Hopefully by then we'll all be on a better leak. VZW takes WAY too long to "Certify" things. (The Storm's initial release being the notable exception )

EDIT: If you want 113 now, just see the first post in the thread, OR use the link in my sig
    03-25-09 07:59 AM
    This shows that it will be down grading my version... should it say that in the DM?
    03-25-09 09:13 AM
    This shows that it will be down grading my version... should it say that in the DM?
    You can go ahead and click YES to downgrade ... I believe is the second option

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 09:15 AM
    Thanks...I am doing it now. Hopefully it will stop the CONTINUAL auto restarts I have been having.
    03-25-09 09:29 AM
1,109 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD