Its been reported that this will not be the next official from Verizon. This leak is much better than .114 though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by m3grady2; 03-24-09 at 02:57 PM.
    03-24-09 02:52 PM
    If you got a hybrid .114, I dont think the downgrade is nessiciary. The Hybrid works better in my book. There was still the same MMS issue with .113 and NO, this will NOT be an official release.
    03-24-09 02:59 PM
    Can anybody really explain in details the difference from a Hybrid or a non-Hybrid OS update?

Thanks!
    03-24-09 03:08 PM
    If you got a hybrid .114, I dont think the downgrade is nessiciary. The Hybrid works better in my book. There was still the same MMS issue with .113 and NO, this will NOT be an official release.
    Thanks Terrigno I was about to ask that question! So the next question then is why would anyone leak this after .114?
    03-24-09 03:11 PM
    Can anybody really explain in details the difference from a Hybrid or a non-Hybrid OS update?

Thanks!
    Hybrid is just taking a couple of different OS's and putting them together as one.

03-24-09 03:12 PM
    I had .114 and thought it was absolutely horrible. I downgraded back to .109. really like .109, seems very stable and quick? Is it work going from .109 to .113?
    03-24-09 04:03 PM
    A week for the OFFICIAL release!? Oh damn! Thats the best news I've heard all week! I'm downloading the leak, but I'll wait and see if these rumors are true before I install anything!

If it's true...oh thank GOD!! )
    03-24-09 04:13 PM
    There are two platforms for 113. The leaked one is 144 and online it is 161 whay are their two of them and which one is better?
    03-24-09 04:23 PM
    i hate finding leaks at work will dl when i get home and leave feedback on how it goes for me! thanks for the leak!
    03-24-09 04:25 PM
    HOLYYYY 651kbpps download!
    03-24-09 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the leak btw
    03-24-09 04:28 PM
    There are two platforms for 113. The leaked one is 144 and online it is 161 whay are their two of them and which one is better?
    I am using this leaked one (.144) and I tell you, this is the best OS for this phone, so fast... Typing FINALLY got fixed and acc. is also is really fast and resp.

I didn't try the .161 but again the .144 version is coming from a very secure source.

Last but not least, the memory is staying above 35Mb ALL THE TIME (after bat. pull I had 38.8MB)

Most of the people who tried are loving it... IM LOVING IT! Whole new phone...
    03-24-09 04:32 PM
    Thanks Terrigno I was about to ask that question! So the next question then is why would anyone leak this after .114?
    Well. The leak of this version is actually good. Some people say MMS works and others dont. I tried it and it didn't work on my Storm. A hybrid is basically an OS with exchanged files in it to make whatever it was that was changed, work in that mannor. If the accelorometer worked super fast in .113 and its not fast in .114, the file gets replaced in .114 with the file from .113 to make it work like it did with .113. Confused yet? Thats just a quick theory of how hybrids work. For instance, I have .114 leak installed on my Phone. I have the MMS File from .100 and the Keyboard file from .109 and both of those issues, work as good as they did with that particular OS. So in reality, MMS forwarding (Pictures not taken by the Storm itself) work like they should, and the Keyboard comes up during a phone call that is made like it should. Thats why people do this.

So, to futher explain more With the .113 leak. Some people are having issues with forwarding the MMS. So, if you changed and replaced the file in that OS, with a working file from another OS, it will work like that OS you changed it from. The reason why I have .114 on my phone, is because I like how the accelorometer reacts. Its more proper to me. Thats why I started with this platform. The .113 is actually almost just as solid as the .114 build. So give or take, its always worth it to try a leak if your capable of going with the install process. But to give you my opinion, .114 is just as solid as .113 in terms of smoothness and quickness. Thats why I just kept .114. But, I can tell you right now........Verizon would be kicking themself if they released either OS because the MMS doesnt work for some people. You cant release an OS as official if that isnt working with some phones. That just wouldnt be right.

And to answer your question. I dont know why someone would do this. It shouldve been leaked prior to .114. But then again, its a leak and just that. So you never know what gets leaked at what time. In this case, the guy that posted that Leak said it would eventually be Official. Take what you hear with a grain of salt, if you dont see or hear proof. Just my opinion. And as of right now, there is NO PROOF of .113 going OFFICIAL with Verizon.

PS: And I had an issue with Dust under my screen. Called Verizon and there sending me a replacement. Should be here by Thursday. No hassle or anything. I got the phone in December. Well past 30 days. That just goes to show how good this company can be to you, when talking to the right representative.
    Last edited by Terrigno; 03-24-09 at 04:44 PM.
    03-24-09 04:40 PM
    A week for the OFFICIAL release!? Oh damn! Thats the best news I've heard all week! I'm downloading the leak, but I'll wait and see if these rumors are true before I install anything!

If it's true...oh thank GOD!! )
    No one knows when an official will come out untill the decision is actually made. Then we would know what OS it is about 2 to 3 days before said release. Those saying its a week away are pretty much fos. They don't even know what OS build it will be let alone the release a week before.

03-24-09 04:43 PM
    is the leaked .113 OS the .144 file or .161? i just loaded a .113 and it was on platform .144, is that correct?
    03-24-09 05:01 PM
    Hey its my first update on my phone, i followed the instructions for how to update to a leaked OS that was stickied. DM is saying "connecting to the device" The bar is moving excrutiatingly slow, but my phone is off.. It shut off at one point. It shut of while i was watching it load.... it was on the white screen with the spinning timer in the middle. It has been off for about 10 minutes now, at one point it turned on and the computer picked it up but then said unrecognizable, device may be malfunctioning, im just wonder if this is normal or what i should do if its not?... thanks for any help. I am hoping my berry didnt just die. Im upgrading to .113 on a telus storm..
    03-24-09 05:26 PM
    i notice alot of people complaining abt this not being an official release,etc..who da he ll cares?!?!? personally this site and others like it is for people who like to play and twick with their fones..if da dang thing doesnt work, as an experienced storm or any BB user for that matter should no,make a back up 1st and if this leak or any other doesnt work, placed the one back on ur fone that did work..none of this mess is "official", otherwise the actual company would have it on their own sites for download. i thank anyone and everyone who places leaks on this site for us to down load FOR FREE and play with it.if it makes my fone faster,NOT FREEZE AND DONT HAVE SUCH A BAD MEMORY LEAK, im all for it
    03-24-09 05:35 PM
    it will be funny as **** if this is actually the official release. That will make some of you saying its "absolutely not the release", look like some idiots. I mean unless the ceo of verizon is ur uncle (even if that was the case he probably still wouldnt tell u), u dont know what they gonna drop.
    03-24-09 05:59 PM
    just wondering do i have to downgrade this or install .113 like the rest of the leaks? because I am running .114 and wondering do i have to do the downgrade process?
    03-24-09 06:16 PM
    just wondering do i have to downgrade this or install .113 like the rest of the leaks? because I am running .114 and wondering do i have to do the downgrade process?
    when you run ur desktop manager its gonna say this is a downgrade, just continue and it will install
    03-24-09 06:20 PM
    cilvaringz1
    thanks braddah which leak are u currently on?
    03-24-09 06:22 PM
    im gonna get this one!
    03-24-09 06:24 PM
    cilvaringz1
    thanks braddah which leak are u currently on?
    im installing this 113 right now, was using the 114 and i was 1 of da only few that didnt have issues with it..main thing was the accelerometer was kinda slow but my fone wasnt feeezing no where near as bad as before
    03-24-09 06:26 PM
    Can anyone help me? I clicked on the first link for .113, downloaded it and loaded it onto my Storm. When I go to the 'About' screen, it says that I am running "v4.7.0.90 (Platform 4.0.0.114)" - is this correct? I thought it would say something to the effect of "v4.7.0.113"...Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?
    03-24-09 06:45 PM
    Can anyone help me? I clicked on the first link for .113, downloaded it and loaded it onto my Storm. When I go to the 'About' screen, it says that I am running "v4.7.0.90 (Platform 4.0.0.114)" - is this correct? I thought it would say something to the effect of "v4.7.0.113"...Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?

u downloaded it to ur fone or did u install it on ur computer 1st then load it? i never heard of that 1 before
    03-24-09 06:53 PM
1,109 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD