ok maybe im wrong but why would RIM waste all that time with beta supposedly up in the .150 range and turn around and release .113? just doesnt make any sense. they would really waste all the money involved in beta testing to now release something theyve had for a while now? again im probably way off but none of this sounds right from any perspective taken. i mean i understand one arguement in that to most users who dont put betas on their phones that this will seem like their phone was shot with steroids. but cmon theres a huge majority of users like alot of us who do use betas and have opinions on such just the same. does RIM really wanna risk taking a bath again by releasing a subpar OS ? i really dont think so. i would have to believe that most of the critics who write reviews and such know a little something about the progression of OS's that RIM or whoever has leaked out. so again why would RIM willingly take a step backwards and take another public bashing? just doesnt make sense. but again what do i know i just jo-shmo user with a monthly bill , ya know?
    03-24-09 01:31 AM
    .113 CDMA
    .86mms.cod

those are the only thing on the top of my head right now.
    03-24-09 01:32 AM
    this better be good.......
    ok maybe im wrong but why would RIM waste all that time with beta supposedly up in the .150 range and turn around and release .113? just doesnt make any sense. they would really waste all the money involved in beta testing to now release something theyve had for a while now? again im probably way off but none of this sounds right from any perspective taken. i mean i understand one arguement in that to most users who dont put betas on their phones that this will seem like their phone was shot with steroids. but cmon theres a huge majority of users like alot of us who do use betas and have opinions on such just the same. does RIM really wanna risk taking a bath again by releasing a subpar OS ? i really dont think so. i would have to believe that most of the critics who write reviews and such know a little something about the progression of OS's that RIM or whoever has leaked out. so again why would RIM willingly take a step backwards and take another public bashing? just doesnt make sense. but again what do i know i just jo-shmo user with a monthly bill , ya know?
    RIM might be working on .150 but VZW is working on something else.
    hello all i found this on blackberryos.com i hope its ok to repost it here if not sorry

By Brett Wyman on March 24, 2009 12:07 AM
    Earlier today there was a claim that 4.7.0.113 was leaked for the Storm 9530 and with every release someone has to make the famous line "this is going to be the official release.." well, somehow people believed this and it turned into a royal rumble. So what is the deal with this .113? Is it really going to be the official release? Well, how do I say it nicely? **** no!! With rumors from good sources saying RIM is in the .150's AND a confirmed OS of .125 out there somewhere, why the **** would they allow .113 to be official? Especially after .114 was leaked out there..Ya, lets continue to make OS's but we're going to make an OS that we worked on three months ago official.. Really, stop believing people with no credibility. Its just for attention! Im going to end it with this..

4.7.0.113 is NOT going to be an official release.

BlackberryOS
    03-24-09 01:33 AM
    .113 CDMA
    .86mms.cod

those are the only thing on the top of my head right now.
    .86 would be good. that would fix the MMS problem
    03-24-09 01:33 AM
    hahaha...wrong forum but does anybody know if ill be able to purchase the niagara and just take my sim card out of my storm and into the niagara would that work????
    03-24-09 01:34 AM
    But from what I have been reading, that seems to be the only issue besides the color issue but that wouldn't bother me.
    03-24-09 01:34 AM

The blame is with VZW not RIM. RIM does not control what becomes official that is up to VZW. But you raise a good point. We know that RIM is now testing .17X so why are we only seeing .113. Good question...
    03-24-09 01:35 AM
    hello all i found this on blackberryos.com i hope its ok to repost it here if not sorry

Earlier today there was a claim that 4.7.0.113 was leaked for the Storm 9530 and with every release someone has to make the famous line "this is going to be the official release.." well, somehow people believed this and it turned into a royal rumble. So what is the deal with this .113? Is it really going to be the official release? Well, how do I say it nicely? **** no!! With rumors from good sources saying RIM is in the .150's AND a confirmed OS of .125 out there somewhere, why the **** would they allow .113 to be official? Especially after .114 was leaked out there..Ya, lets continue to make OS's but we're going to make an OS that we worked on three months ago official.. Really, stop believing people with no credibility. Its just for attention! Im going to end it with this..

BlackberryOS
    This will most likely not be the official release. For one VZW would never release something with a MMS bug in it since they make good money on it. What VZW decides to release is anyone's guess but I highly doubt this will be the one.
    03-24-09 01:38 AM
    hahaha...wrong forum but does anybody know if ill be able to purchase the niagara and just take my sim card out of my storm and into the niagara would that work????
    No it won't work. The SIM is for GSM ability which is only for overseas. In the states verizon uses CDMA which does not use the SIM. SO putting your storm SIM in a Niagra will do nothing for you.
    03-24-09 01:39 AM
    But from what I have been reading, that seems to be the only issue besides the color issue but that wouldn't bother me.
    I have been running it for a few hours and it really is the best stand alone OS to date minus MMS and the color. But I don't see the color issue getting fixed for a while so I guess we'll just have to live with that.
    03-24-09 01:40 AM
    Wow, this is really good so far! Sure, it's only been a few hours since I put it on, but things I've tested are working quite well.

First thing I did was test the BT in video (I always do...lol!). The first time I tried it the screen went black and I couldn't do anything, but the sound was still playing on the phone. I had to pull the battery. But since then it has been good. I've been watching movies with the BT on for over an hour and it has had a couple hiccups, but only very minor...like one time where there was a few seconds of distortion. QUITE and improvement overall!

I only took one picture and the camera worked well. Saved really fast, but I also put in a Class 6 memory card at the same time, so that might have affected it too?

Signal seems to be holding well, dial pad is fine, etc. No noted problems with the phone section.

I'm still getting my email.

Accelerometer works perfectly. It's exactly how I think it should be.

Holy cr@p, my memory has stayed solid at 43.5MB for almost two hours!

Programs open and close very quickly...love it.

My custom Coveroo came today, so maybe that's why it's working so awesome?

It's still not counting up all my songs all the time. Still have to pull the memory card to recount. I wonder if they'll ever get that working right?

Still has the problem of showing messages on the home screen when there aren't any. Oh well.

Haven't really tried anything else yet. Will play around more when I hop in bed and use the browser, then check some other things tomorrow. Overall, I think this is a VERY big step in the right direction so far.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 03-24-09 at 01:41 AM. Reason: edit.
    03-24-09 01:41 AM
    Wow, this is really good so far! Sure, it's only been a few hours since I put it on, but things I've tested are working quite well.

First thing I did was test the BT in video (I always do...lol!). The first time I tried it the screen went black and I couldn't do anything, but the sound was still playing on the phone. I had to pull the battery. But since then it has been good. I've been watching movies with the BT on for over an hour and it has had a couple hiccups, but only very minor...like one time where there was a few seconds of distortion. QUITE and improvement overall!

I only took one picture and the camera worked well. Saved really fast, but I also put in a Class 6 memory card at the same time, so that might have affected it too?

Signal seems to be holding well, dial pad is fine, etc. No noted problems with the phone section.

I'm still getting my email.

Accelerometer works perfectly. It's exactly how I think it should be.

Holy cr@p, my memory has stayed solid at 43.5MB for almost two hours!

Programs open and close very quickly...love it.

My custom Coveroo came today, so maybe that's why it's working so awesome?

Nice that class 6 memory card is probably doing wonders for you.
    It's still not counting up all my songs all the time. Still have to pull the memory card to recount. I wonder if they'll ever get that working right?

Still has the problem of showing messages on the home screen when there aren't any. Oh well.

Haven't really tried anything else yet. Will play around more when I hop in bed and use the browser, then check some other things tomorrow. Overall, I think this is a VERY big step in the right direction so far.
    03-24-09 01:43 AM

BlackberryOS
    I'm not sure why people think that the highest number leaked or the highest number that RIM is working on will be the official release. PLEASE folks, wake up and realize that VZW runs about two months behind! They test these OS's for at least 6 weeks before they decide to make them an official. They could be testing .125 or whatever now, but maybe .113 is what they have found to be most stable? Or maybe .125 or something will drop in April after it has had it's 6 or 8 weeks of testing?

I'm not saying whether or not .113 will be an official; just saying that anything is possible. RIM doesn't control what gets released, VZW does and if this is what they think is the best of what they have fully tested so far, then it will be the one.
    03-24-09 01:49 AM
    ok after looking at the files and talking to a reliable "source" (dont think i have to go into detail) it looks as if someone took 113 for the 9500 and built this, or altered an earlier version for the 9530, somethin like a hybrid....you have all seen this before...i can ASSURE you, as others have said and I have said, this IS NOT an official and will not be the official, yes the official from vzw was supposed to drop this weekend but doesnt look so hot now....just have some faith and believe us...
    I really don't believe anyone at this point. To be honest, I could say I'm a VZW rep or tech or dating the mother of an owner of 6 VZW stores but it does not matter because no one on cyber space will never know. I'm just going to keep using what works best for MY phone and when the official comes out from Verizon then so be it.
    03-24-09 01:53 AM
    No it won't work. The SIM is for GSM ability which is only for overseas. In the states verizon uses CDMA which does not use the SIM. SO putting your storm SIM in a Niagra will do nothing for you.
    That's not entirely true, although you sound so convincing

If the Niagra is built for GSM capabilities like the Storm and is able to take sim cards like the Storm, switching simcards (once unlocked of course) should not be a problem. Unfortunately I don't know if the Niagra supports GSM and CDMA like the Storm does so I can't give you a definite answer.

I have both Verizon and ATT and I use my ATT sim in my Storm instead of carrying around two phones (though I can't use them simultaneously).
    03-24-09 01:58 AM
    I really doubt that .113 is going to be the official release! sorry to be negative but i think Verizon has a way better OS up its sleeve! The people that work for Verizon at the Verizon stores, no matter what their position, do not know what the official OS is going to be or when it will be released!!!! They find out when we find out!! I think its going to be better then the .113 ---I am waiting for the real, official OS release!!
    03-24-09 02:05 AM
    I need to start firing off a bunch of photos and working with them on the phone so I can test it. Maybe tomorrow I'll play around with it some more.
    03-24-09 02:06 AM
    My findings from earlier post:

My intial impressions in no particular order....

Transitions are pretty quick.
    Keyboard seems fast and accurate and a tad bigger buttons (or maybe thats just me).
    The GREEN Go button is still there (its funny how that is important to people).
    Accelorometer is quick.
    Still has the color banding.
    Memory seems good (though more time is needed for observation). Mine is 43.6 on startup with quite a few apps.
    No in-call dial pad problems.
    Boot up time is fairly quick.
    Blue halo follows finger when dragged around keyboard.
    My first attempt at upgrading to a leaked OS...AWESOME! . Much faster and like other people noticed with the Accelorometer, Memory, Bootup's, ect. has increased imo. I'm still testing the battery life on my own accord.

*little stupid but about the wallpaper, it can only be set as Homepage Image (full image) and not "Fit to Screen"...right? some of my pics look better not blown up.
    03-24-09 03:54 AM
    Decided to give this one a try from 09. Hopefully it works as well as others seem to be reporting.
    03-24-09 04:34 AM
    links broke? whats the story?

my router went down, i powered cycled and the links worked. odd cause i could hit pages that my browser was already open on.
    Last edited by rj5570; 03-24-09 at 06:20 AM. Reason: duh! lol
    03-24-09 05:51 AM

BlackberryOS

very interesting
    03-24-09 06:27 AM
    I'm happy with my hybrid so I'm not downloading any other releases until they have been used, reviewed and proven.
    03-24-09 06:32 AM
    9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel161_PL4.0.0.144_A4.7.0.113.ex e

YA and this is not your normal file name either
    Actually named just like the 9500 .113 release only 9530...
    03-24-09 06:46 AM
1,109 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD