I am wondering why this .113 release is between 21.5-29 MB smaller in size than the other recent releases ?
    What has been omitted ?
    03-23-09 09:18 PM
    I am wondering why this .113 release is between 21.5-29 MB smaller in size than the other recent releases ?
    What has been omitted ?
    It was said early in the thread that it only has the English language files.
    03-23-09 09:20 PM
    What has been omitted ?
    Its doesnt include all the language packs
    03-23-09 09:21 PM
    Wont install...Ive done all the hybrids and everything...but when I fire up Desktop Manager it states there is nothing there to install.

Help....lol
    Try Apploader instead. If you have .114 or a .114 hybrid, DM may not see this as an update and ignore it. Apploader should let you continue. I'm just guessing though, haven't tried it myself yet.
    Last edited by DeaconBlue; 03-23-09 at 09:23 PM. Reason: elaborating
    03-23-09 09:21 PM
    most appreciated. sorry for being redundant.
    03-23-09 09:22 PM
    Yea i saw that A-hole =)
    funny though....I about wet my pants
    Well, that's why the call them LEAKS...... They just about make you take a LEAK in your pants *LMAO*
    03-23-09 09:22 PM
    Try Apploader instead.
    Yep worked for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 09:23 PM
    Wont install...Ive done all the hybrids and everything...but when I fire up Desktop Manager it states there is nothing there to install.

Help....lol
    BTW - Like the Majesty logo in your Avatar, DT fan?
    03-23-09 09:27 PM
    This .113 he has posted is not correct, i have the real .113, just look second from the bottom

03-23-09 09:32 PM
    The camera lag is still there.
    Please define what you all mean by "camera lag"? If we're referring to the time between when the shutter is clicked and the pic is snapped, i've noticed that it pretty much ALL phone cams i've used that have autofocus. And alot of standalone digital cameras (my old HP was even SLOWER).

If you're referring to the time it takes the camera app to open, mine is instant.
    03-23-09 09:34 PM
    -Highest free application memory (42 mb)
    -Camera a little slow
    -cool text tool
    03-23-09 09:36 PM
    so is the mms bug fixed and is this better than the 114 .hybrids
    03-23-09 09:38 PM
    My Observations:
    1> Doida and Markus need to get a room!
    2> Browser is snappier - IMO!
    3> Typing doesn't seem to lag quite as much! Especially under WOT!
    4> Accelerometer is more responsive - not as much under steer!

Summary: Much snappier - that's all I can say as I haven't had it on that long! As Michael Stipe might say 'Work Delays my life - get up get up'!!! (or similar)!

All joking aside - thanks very much for this SJRosenthal - much appreciated!
    LMAO
    10 CHAR
    03-23-09 09:40 PM
    This .113 he has posted is not correct, i have the real .113, just look second from the bottom

And you haven't posted it somewhere because...
    03-23-09 09:42 PM

That just means you have the all language version and this is the america only version. Not a big deal. Yeah, you have something that apparently nobody else has but it should be the same thing, just more languages in yours.
    03-23-09 09:43 PM
    so is the mms bug fixed and is this better than the 114 .hybrids
    Wow.......
    03-23-09 09:43 PM
    And you haven't posted it somewhere because...
    i posted about this lie days ago when slymotherphucker was talking about it. i cant believe how gullible you people are.

this isnt the vzw .113
    03-23-09 09:44 PM
    is 113 platform supposed to be 144?
    03-23-09 09:47 PM
    Do i still have to disconnect from the internet to install?
    03-23-09 09:47 PM
    thanks killa for reinstating lol, i tried saying it but nobody wants to hear it, sucks guys but this isnt the official release, this release is NOT vendor approved
    03-23-09 09:48 PM
    THAT is one of the most intelligent posts I've seen here in a long time. Thank you.
    Thank You. I've been dealing with hardware for awhile, so I do tend to point out when people's statements are technically flawed *LOL* As for how long i've been dealing with hardware? The first computer I ever used was a Sinclair ZX-81; Google it.... I was 6 years old. I built my first computer back in 1992 out of old IBM PC-XT parts. And I am a hardware tech by trade for a local community college. While I don't mean to flame anyone in any way, some of the posts I see in here are not what I was envisioning when I started using a Blackberry. I thought they were pretty much limited to corporate/IT type users such as myself. It seems like the Storm has attracted too many "kiddies" that are tied to Verizon for whatever reason, but really wanted an iPhone. And they're not going to stop complaining until the Storm is an iPhone. Anyways........ To keep the thread on topic:

New OS running strong still, sitting at around 48MB free App Memory with several apps installed. I did remove the wallpapers file and the video. I honestly think that until the OpenGL capabilities I keep harping on are unlocked with a new MAJOR OS revision that this will be about as good as it gets. It's still early to tell, but this one seems like a winner if it performs this good on a fresh install. Some people are afraid that in a few days this will start slowing down, etc. I honestly haven't seen that happen since .75; and a battery pull would sort it out. It seems the Java memory cleanup routines have been improved, and memory management actually works now (I am NOT talking about memory cleaning, which is a security feature.... i'm talking about memory management routines that run in the background that the user has no control over) - if I use an app, and then properly close it; my free memory ends up back up ABOVE where it was beforehand. I think the BB OS might possibly be doing some prefetching as well in .113; as applications seems to open very quickly, especially the stock RIM apps.
    03-23-09 09:51 PM
    MMS still doesnt work correctly. I dont see Verizon releasing something like this if the MMS dont work right. Back to .114 hybrid.
    03-23-09 09:52 PM
    I`ll believe it when I see it on the home page of Crackberry. I'm usually all over a new OS but this one just seemed odd to me. Thanks Rukus and Killastorm for confirming my suspicions

03-23-09 09:54 PM
    Makes sense...however VZW makes $$$ from txt/pix/flix packages. I'm just not sure that they would limit mms functionality this much. 0.02

Hard to say, but it seems funny that it's acted this way in MULTIPLE leaks with different platform versions........ PIX/FLIX messages ARE intended to send stuff you create on the phone anyways..... Not downloaded content.
    thanks killa for reinstating lol, i tried saying it but nobody wants to hear it, sucks guys but this isnt the official release, this release is NOT vendor approved
    I am GLAD it's not the official. We better get something higher than .113 Otherwise, a lot of people won't care that we have a new official since we already know that they are testing .14X and higher.

EDIT: actually, the desire for the latest OS, beta or official, will NEVER end haha
1,109 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD