The only thing I have complains about the Storm is the memory leak which doesn't affect me until it gets down to around 10 mb then it lags like crazy then I usually reboot. And when that goes down, all crazy stuff happens. I should be installing this in an hour or so.
    03-23-09 06:43 PM
    Since when VzW uses megaupload? This cannot be real and you have no idea what's in it.
    What? They don't. People just think that 113 will be the next official. This is just a leak of 113. They're always uploaded like this.
    03-23-09 06:44 PM
    Initial Impressions

First of, for the record, I'm coming from the BBC Hybrid v2 which for me was the best build so far.

Overall this one is better, right now.

Accel. - Solid and fast both ways.

Typing lag - non-existent except in the browser, which isn't really bad either. About the same as v2.

Camera - REALLY fast

Phone - works as expected

MMS - seems its not fixed. Grey or black box for pics that didn't originate on the storm

Memory - hovering around 45, which is normal for me.

Boot up time after batt pull is considerably faster.

Again, overall everything is running faster and smoother than v2. Even my themes are running smoother.

This is all initial though. I'm gonna give it a couple days and see if it worsens or makes me an even happier camper. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for the color issue I would've been very happy to have this on my Storm at launch.

One other thing though now that I remember. Hopefully I can explain this right. I'm having a very interesting glitch. I noticed it the other day while on a 114 hybrid. To open the app switcher we know all you have to do is hold the BB button for a sec and viola, well, I've noticed a cyclic glitch. Basically if I hold the button the app switcher comes up as normal. I back out and do it again exactly the same and just before the app switcher comes up, the BB menu comes up. I'll back out and hold the button again and up the switcher comes as normal. Back out, try again, and the BB menu comes up right before the switcher. I can repeat this forever. Its a really interesting glitch. I'm wondering if its a hardware thing.

Can some of you guys try it and see what you get?

Btw, thanks sj. Much props.
    Well said thanks for your comments.

I just checked the issue you raised and am seeing that. My BB button is working as it should be. As we know, these phones are like snowflakes no two operate the same way. Out of curiosity, did JL wipe before installing this OS?
    Just tested an MMS msg from the wifes voyager, to the storm, and i got the picture just fine, no issues what so ever.

as for the BB menu deal, yeah, does the same on mine.
    Did you try sending it back, or to someone else?

As far as the appswitcher thing, what's getting me is how its every other press, not random. Makes me wonder.
    As far as the appswitcher thing, what's getting me is how its every other press, not random. Makes me wonder.
    Yup, exactly what I'm experiencing...it is kinda strange but it doesnt bug me much. Like I said, its nothing new
    03-23-09 06:45 PM
    yeah MMS still not working for me on this
    03-23-09 06:45 PM
    Down from 41mb to 28.6mb since installing when it was first available. How is memory holding for everyone else?
    03-23-09 06:46 PM
    Another mirror lol
    Storm Leak .113
    Well said thanks for your comments.

I just checked the issue you raised and am seeing that. My BB button is working as it should be. As we know, these phones are like snowflakes no two operate the same way. Out of curiosity, did JL wipe before installing this OS?
    NP.
    I wipe with CrackUtil before I load any OS.
    OK I didn't read all 24 pages on this thread, but at the start they said it was smaller than the other leaks. Someone said because it didn't have all the languages, why would VZW release new OS with out them?
    03-23-09 06:48 PM
    ok. i have finished installing the *113. my first time to. so yeah i wanted to ask why doesnt "task in progress" windows close. still says connecting to device even though it finished installing.
    See guy I made a joke today about a leak, and we actually get a leak.

Your welcome guys
    Coming from BBC v2 hybrid I am not really seeing much of a difference between that and .113. Everything seems to function the same. Don't get me wrong this is very good but both seem to perform equally. I will have to give this another day or two and see where things end up.
    03-23-09 06:49 PM
    Memory is holding fine for me. About an hour of use - nearly every app and still at 53+ MB. Impressed so far.
    03-23-09 06:50 PM
    ok. i have finished installing the *113. my first time to. so yeah i wanted to ask why doesnt "task in progress" windows close. still says connecting to device even though it finished installing.
    Did the install restore your backup?
    03-23-09 06:52 PM
    Memory is holding fine for me. About an hour of use - nearly every app and still at 53+ MB. Impressed so far.
    I must have something installed that is leaking my memory.
    03-23-09 06:52 PM
    Been using it for about 30 minutes and my memory has dropped from 50mb to 45mb.
    03-23-09 06:53 PM
    Down from 41mb to 28.6mb since installing when it was first available. How is memory holding for everyone else?
    Mem. is still floating around 45 after about half.
    03-23-09 06:55 PM
    Been using it for about 30 minutes and my memory has dropped from 50mb to 45mb.
    I'm down to 23mb from 41mb. You do see a jump of 2-3mb when you start to mess around with it if you have had it idle for a few.
    03-23-09 06:55 PM
    See guy I made a joke today about a leak, and we actually get a leak.

Your welcome guys
    Hurry make a joke about 5.0!!!

It might be worth a shot =)
    03-23-09 06:56 PM
    Normal, don't unplug! Leave it. It'll finish soon.
    How long....seriously its been 30 minutes after the install of just "working". The phone rang while it was like this and the screen was all screwy....If I unplug, what will happen? Can I just start the install over again?
    Last edited by RROMAN8435; 03-23-09 at 06:58 PM. Reason: typo
    03-23-09 06:56 PM
    actually it did. my storm is working fine on *113. all i did was cancle the task in progress window but nothing much happened. the update deleted my sms and my contacts but i backed that up.
    03-23-09 06:57 PM
    How long....seriously its been 30 minutes after the install of just "working". The phone rang while it was like this and the screen wall all screwy....If I unplug, what will happen? Can I just start the install over again?
    JL_Cmder..........
    Hurry make a joke about 5.0!!!

It might be worth a shot =)
    ROFL...or make a joke about me winning the lottery...
    Weird, been posted for 2.5 hours now and the leak hasnt been announced on the main crackberry page... Uusally it gets posted pretty much as soon as a leak pops...
    03-23-09 06:58 PM
1,109 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD