yea i was hooked to dm but it wouldnt let me highlight the os
    No you need to delete any previous OS installed on your PC, and then Backup everything on your phone. Then install the new one , this one, and install it on your phone with DM. I'm 100% sure, but I believe that is how you need to do it
    03-23-09 06:30 PM
    just wipe the device with jl_cmder or crackmem
    Initial Impressions

First of, for the record, I'm coming from the BBC Hybrid v2 which for me was the best build so far.

Overall this one is better, right now.

Accel. - Solid and fast both ways.

Typing lag - non-existent except in the browser, which isn't really bad either. About the same as v2.

Camera - REALLY fast

Phone - works as expected

MMS - seems its not fixed. Grey or black box for pics that didn't originate on the storm

Memory - hovering around 45, which is normal for me.

Boot up time after batt pull is considerably faster.

Again, overall everything is running faster and smoother than v2. Even my themes are running smoother.

This is all initial though. I'm gonna give it a couple days and see if it worsens or makes me an even happier camper. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for the color issue I would've been very happy to have this on my Storm at launch.

One other thing though now that I remember. Hopefully I can explain this right. I'm having a very interesting glitch. I noticed it the other day while on a 114 hybrid. To open the app switcher we know all you have to do is hold the BB button for a sec and viola, well, I've noticed a cyclic glitch. Basically if I hold the button the app switcher comes up as normal. I back out and do it again exactly the same and just before the app switcher comes up, the BB menu comes up. I'll back out and hold the button again and up the switcher comes as normal. Back out, try again, and the BB menu comes up right before the switcher. I can repeat this forever. Its a really interesting glitch. I'm wondering if its a hardware thing.

Can some of you guys try it and see what you get?

Btw, thanks sj. Much props.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/
    03-23-09 06:31 PM
    crux that happens based on what you have your ket rate set to. I am assuming you have it set to fast........
    03-23-09 06:33 PM
    Crux, I have the same BB button results on 114 hybrid v1.
    03-23-09 06:33 PM
    After Install, BB Manager is just "working" been like this for over 15 minutes. Is this normal? Should I just close it or unplug phone? Not too sure whats going on.
    03-23-09 06:34 PM
    After Install, BB Manager is just "working" been like this for over 15 minutes. Is this normal? Should I just close it or unplug phone? Not too sure whats going on.

Let it do its thing. dont touch it. Go get a snack and watch TV or something.
    03-23-09 06:35 PM

Normal, don't unplug! Leave it. It'll finish soon.
    03-23-09 06:36 PM
    One other thing though now that I remember. Hopefully I can explain this right. I'm having a very interesting glitch. I noticed it the other day while on a 114 hybrid. To open the app switcher we know all you have to do is hold the BB button for a sec and viola, well, I've noticed a cyclic glitch. Basically if I hold the button the app switcher comes up as normal. I back out and do it again exactly the same and just before the app switcher comes up, the BB menu comes up. I'll back out and hold the button again and up the switcher comes as normal. Back out, try again, and the BB menu comes up right before the switcher. I can repeat this forever. Its a really interesting glitch. I'm wondering if its a hardware thing.
    I've noticed this over the last several builds as well. I've had to resort to setting the app switcher to my left convenience key to avoid it. Slightly annoying, but not a deal breaker really.
    Added a download link in my signature for anyone who needs it.
    Initial Impressions

MMS - seems its not fixed. Grey or black box for pics that didn't originate on the storm

Just tested an MMS msg from the wifes voyager, to the storm, and i got the picture just fine, no issues what so ever.

as for the BB menu deal, yeah, does the same on mine.
    03-23-09 06:37 PM
    I've noticed this over the last several builds as well. I've had to resort to setting the app switcher to my left convenience key to avoid it. Slightly annoying, but not a deal breaker really.
    I never used voice recognition anyways.....lol
    thanks guys imma give this one a try
    Initial Impressions

Yeah i get the same glitch you are talking about. The bb menu pops up with the app switcher sometimes. I noticed this in earlier builds as well.
    03-23-09 06:38 PM
    Added a download link in my signature for anyone who needs it.
    Good!!! ... I have it in my signature too...
    anyone whos needs it have can get it from there
    Just tested an MMS msg from the wifes voyager, to the storm, and i got the picture just fine, no issues what so ever.

as for the BB menu deal, yeah, does the same on mine.
    But what happens when you try to forward it?
    But what happens when you try to forward it?
    ah, misunderstood...will test that now...forward from my phone to another, or from another to my phone?

tested, and got black box also...kinda odd....
    03-23-09 06:39 PM
    Since when VzW uses megaupload? This cannot be real and you have no idea what's in it.
    03-23-09 06:40 PM
    Good!!! ... I have it in my signature too...
    anyone whos needs it have can get it from there
    I guess my link is not needed anymore and it is almost done

So the OS looks good for everyone? Better than .114 hybrid v2? Only one person said it, anyone else saw the same results?
    ah, misunderstood...will test that now...forward from my phone to another, or from another to my phone?
    Nah, just forward it from your phone to another.

Foward from your phone to another
    03-23-09 06:41 PM
    Well the color banding really isn't that bad on this build. Slightly more free app memory than bbcrackman's v2 hybrid. Typing is very quick, and scrolling definitely seems quicker. So far so good.
    Here a mirror from my megashare account which I will add to my sig...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    crux, I have the same thing (always have). As someone mentioned, its from the key rate being set to 'fast'
    03-23-09 06:42 PM
1,109 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD