*9530 - error in subject

Enter unlock code into the phone and pulled battery as instructed and to insert a different sim.

Phone would not turn on and the red light now flashes, 1 pause 4 fast with a blank screen

I read up and assume its the code 47 error:
    101111-Flash Write Failure (*Tip: try replacing flash)

The storm will suddenly not show up via usb on any computer. I've tried it on Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP.

I've gone through the nukes bb reload post "blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry" and cant get it to show "USB-PIN:UNKNOWN" on any of the operating systems.

i've tried JLCMDER and BBSAK - none of them connect.

The battery had a full charge when it first started flashing and continued with the battery in. The battery is now dead regardless of the device being plugged into the usb or wall charger. So the phone isn't taking a charge but still has the red flashing when plugged in.

Has anyone found out why this happens? Is there a fix? Was the phone hardware damaged from a simple battery pull?

Would someone will technical knowledge of blackberry hardware please explain how a batt pull stops the phone from charging and being detected
    Last edited by Gernavor; 05-30-10 at 10:18 PM. Reason: error in subject line
    05-30-10 12:20 PM
    *update. After staying on the wall charger for an hour it stops flashing but still wont power on.

Plug in and out - it starts flashing again.
    05-30-10 04:39 PM
    Try letting it charge longer, maybe overnight, but at a minimum about four hours
    05-30-10 04:51 PM
    yup, did that. Left it plugged in last night. woke up and noticed the light had stopped flashing. Tried turning it on while light wasn't flashing - got nothing. Plugged it out tried turning on - got nothing. Plugged it back in, flashing started again - stopped after an hour of being on the wall charger.

There is no charge going to the battery; I have another storm on hand and tried the current battery in it and its flat. I've swapped the batteries and charged the dead one. Light continues to flash with the charged battery in it.

This is my first BB and its giving me lots of grief.
    Last edited by Gernavor; 05-30-10 at 05:24 PM.
    05-30-10 05:18 PM
    So is there nothing I can do. Since its bricked, is there any way to blank the device by opening it?
    06-02-10 02:10 AM
    Why do the unlock period? Why not just leave the phone as it was? That's why I don't get into all the foreign stuff that u can do to a bb. Why fix what aint broke u know?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 06:16 AM
    got it as a gift from a friend who got a new BB or HTC. Droid I think.

I'm not in the country so I need it unlocked. I'm more a HTC fan.

If I replace this board (see image link below) will it fix the problem? Is this the board the rom is on?

i.ebayimg.com/08/!BupwRLQEGk~$(KGrHqV,!i0Ev1+0F0GUBMBPnTNigg~~_35.J PG
    Last edited by Gernavor; 06-03-10 at 01:23 AM.
    06-03-10 01:20 AM
    Sorry can't help u on that one mu friend. I was just commenting about locking and unlock.

06-03-10 11:57 AM
    Why do the unlock period? Why not just leave the phone as it was? That's why I don't get into all the foreign stuff that u can do to a bb. Why fix what aint broke u know?

People unlock phones for many reasons. Some to use on other networks, others to use overseas. Does it really matter?
    06-07-10 10:56 PM
    People unlock phones for many reasons. Some to use on other networks, others to use overseas. Does it really matter?
    No it doesn't matter, but don't complain when the phone doesn't work when your doing foreign stuff to it.

06-09-10 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD