Hi all,

I got this phone as a gift from wife 2 months back. I was a user of 8700g before that for 3 years. I fell in love with Storm initially on looks, but it was horrible experience for the first 2 weeks for emailing.. there is no way i can match the speed I had with 8700g. However, I am kind of developing a liking for this phone now.. it has lots of features.. which is kind of cool..

Now the OS version I am using is 4.7.0.78. The carrier site for Vodafone India in Blackberry.com offers an upgrade which is 4.7.0.86 (multilaguage).

Has anyone tried this version? Is it better than 0.78?

Apart from slowness, the two noticeable problems in 0.78 is
    1. Locking and unlocking of the phone is slow
    2. Video recording some time does not work without any reason. Throws error as "Unsupported Format.. cannot perform recording.."
    3. Phone hangs sometimes, while receiving a call.. for example if your phone is ringing and while answering the call, if there is a change in alignment (from vertical to horizontal or other way round), the software hangs, but the call goes through smoothly..

Apart from above, I am fine in general, so was just curious, whether it is worth updating to 0.86?

Can anyone please advise?

Regards
    Subhankar
    Last edited by suvo; 02-26-09 at 04:20 AM.
    02-26-09 03:59 AM
    hey .... use one of the hybrid os's .... the one vodafone india offers is old .... read thru a few stickies and u should be on ur way...

nice to see a fellow indian on these forums ....
    02-26-09 04:25 AM
    old os………………
    02-26-09 04:47 AM
    Please pardon my ignorance

The only download site i know is the one which BB Support guys have sent, a vodafone india carrier site in blackberry.com, which offers the os version 4.7.0.86 as the latest.

If we have something more latest than this, how do i upgrade and from here.
    My phone has a vodafone logo on its body, which essentially means it has a vodafone network lock.

So will any OS upgarde other than the carrier site would work fine? What is the latest version?
    02-26-09 07:24 AM
    hi i just looking for someone to help me badly with my storm issue. The v4.7.o.78 is very slow, i need a os lates version update, how can i get this lates update.
    03-03-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD