Alright, my friend was given a Vodaphone(italy) branded 9500 Storm from her friend.

She said the battery was toast and it just needed a new one. Well when I got her a new battery the phone still would not boot up.

I've been reading the tut's on how to fix this thing, but I have one problem holding me back. When I plug the phone into my computer (Win7 x64) my computer does not even know that a device was hooked up. The phone won't power on unless I have it plugged into a wall charger and then it only gives a red blink on the LED and brings up the dead battery screen before blacking out into death...

I'm quite sure that the reason the hpone is bricked is due to a software error, I'm not sure what OS the phone has, it was lasted used in Oct/Nov of 09.

If I could just get this thing to link with my comp I can get it goin' but I'll be damned if I can't figure that part out.
    05-10-10 02:56 PM
    try plugging it into your computer with no battery, and without a USB hub.
    05-10-10 06:55 PM
    try plugging it into your computer with no battery, and without a USB hub.
    Tried that one too, same result.
    05-10-10 10:55 PM
    cliick the link in my signature to reload an os on a nuked blackberry watch the video and do it exact.
    05-10-10 10:59 PM
    you will need desktop manager and the latest carrier os for your phone installed on your pc first
    05-10-10 11:01 PM
    it could be a bad usb port on the phone... that won't allow it to hold a charge.
    05-10-10 11:06 PM
    You also need to make sure it has a good charge. If you plug it in for a couple of hours will it charge up???
    05-10-10 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD